Beye Loves Newcastle Club and City

Habib Beye is making noises that he would love to have an extended stay at Newcastle United.

habib-beye-56.jpg

Habib Beye – loves the club and the city

The right full-back is already becoming a big favorite with the Newcastle fans for his never say die attitude and great play at full back. He is also one of the leaders on the filed having captained French club Marseilles, before he arrived on Tyneside last August 31st, transfer deadline day.

But it looks like Habib loves it at Newcastle and seems keen to stay around and see where the second Keegan revolution will eventually lead the club.

Beye told Newcastle World TV today:

“I want to stay here for a lot of years,” “I have two more years on my contract and maybe I have to speak with manager for maybe more years.”“I love this club and I love the city.”

“When I left Marseille it was difficult for me because I played there for four years and everyone liked me.” “You come here and you don’t know the country and you don’t know the club.”

“But when I came here everyone was very friendly and the fans were brilliant.” “The stadium is incredible and it gives me great pleasure to play there.”

You cannot ask much more form our boys in black and white, and Beye is certainly good enough to be part of the new Keegan revolution.

It ‘s not the first time he’s said how he loves it on Tyneside, and it shows in his play where his commitment to the club cannot be questioned. He was a great buy by Big Sam, and long may he be at the club.

Now we need to get more players like Habib, with his skill and attitude, in the summer transfer window.

• Leo

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:12 AM

more players with heart like him, and his pace is good, thats good in a player, i simply cant wait till the summer to see what keegan has in mind for us geordies

• adaaaam

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:16 AM

all credit to fat sam for bringin this lad in….. but more credit to kig kev for gettin the boys playin!

• Oz Toon

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Great player, BSA’s best signing, and I reckon he will get even better. His attitude is superb, his work rate excellent and he is good on the ball and a good passer as well. He will thrive under KK.

• Spot The Zebra

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:26 AM

You mentioned pace Leo and i agree this should be a requirement with any transfer target this summer.It was noticable during Sundays fantastic win that we had no one similiar to Obafemi to bring on should (God forbid) he get injured/lose form.

• Spyro

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:30 AM

where was zoggy, he wasn’t even on the bench, it is clear we are getting rid, if we do i will lose all respect for him, he has been my favourite player for years

• Davies

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Canny

• James

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:34 AM

It’s so refreshing to see a foreign player not only adapt so well to the PL, but also refuse to wear gloves! Beye rolls his sleeves up and puts in one top class performance after another.

He is the only defender we have that could walk into one of the top four teams. Enrique is getting better with every game, but Beye is the man.

If it wasn’t for Owen’s sheer brilliance, goals, leadership, and work rate, Beye would be the player of the season.

• Obafemi's mum

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Great player ,great man,need more like him,thought he was brilliant against the mackems!

• hanzowen

Apr 22, 2008 at 12:12 PM

🙂 Beye my man! Howay Beye!

• Bosck

Apr 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM

james not sure about the only one that could walk into one of the top 4 teams. i know people might not agree with me on this, but i would rather have faye over both carvalho or gallas, or any of their back ups.

• John

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM

are you on Drugs Bosck ..Carvalho..come on…Dont get me wrong , I think Faye has been excellent but if i had the choice it would be Carvalho every time

• Toontitan

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Beye’s definitely determined to be here for the long haul – he’s just bought a house here!

• seetow

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:24 PM

looks like we don’t need to beye any other right back.. LOL

• kris

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM

brown or beye at right back hmmmmm tough choice………man utd need this man easy walk into top four teams

• Smiler

Apr 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Sunday monday Habib BEYE Tuesday wednesday Habib BEYE thursday friday Habib BEYE…. by far the best signin by BSA

• ScottyT

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:08 PM

spyro tbh id be surprised if we see nzogbia again this season for three reasons:

1. we dont need wingers in the formation we are playing atm

2. he doesnt want to be here anymore so wats the point.

3. his attitude in training seems to be very poor and therefore doesnt deserve to be in the squad again this season.

very disappointing that nzog will leave but he dont want to be here so feck him. hopefully we can get a good price for him cos theres no doubt hes a very good and promising player.

• Tom_Toon

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Cant say i rate N’Zogbia anywhere near as highly as many people on here.

• Tripp

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Agree TT. His distribution is poor as is his vision. On top of that, he’s no better than Milner at taking on and beating opponents. The times I’ve seen him play he’s looked poor, never dangerous. Granted I missed the early games, where he was playing well, but that form disappeared some time ago.

• DC

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Charles N’Zogbia – are you dyer in disguise?

• Greg

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:21 AM

YES YES!
    Monday Tuesday HABIB BEYE, Wednesday Thursday HABIB BEYE, MY HABIB BEYE!

My favourite player at the moment!