Today marks the first year anniversary of The Newcastle United Blog.
For those of you who were readers back then, our first banner looked like this:
Yes, we know Alan Shearer is shown and he had already retired – but Michael was at least in there.
It’s interesting to note everything that’s happened at Newcastle United, since our site went live last April 23rd:
- Glenn Roeder sacked as manager – 6th May, 2007
- Sam Allardyce appointed manager – 15th May, 2007
- Mike Ashley buys Newcastle United for about Â£133M – June, 2007
- Chairman Freddy Shepherd resigns, Chris Mort takes over – 24th July, 2007
- Newcastle lose to Derby 1-0 at Pride Park in a hopeless performance â€“ and is the only win so far for relegated Derby – 17th September, 2007
- Sam Allardyce sacked – 9th January, 2008
- Kevin Keegan appointed Newcastle United Manager – 16th January, 2008
- Mort appoints recruitment team of Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere – 28th January, 2008
- Kevin gets first win after 10 games against Fulham – 22nd March, 2008
- Newcastle beat Sunderland 2-0 â€“ get 14 points from an unbeaten 6 game run – 20th April, 2008
And some stats on the site over the last year:
We just went over 4M hits last Monday.
We’ve published 2884 stories (posts) in the last year, and have received 79,008 comments from our readers on these stories. That’s an average of about 27 comments per article.
Our goal for the site is to expand and extend the support of Newcastle United throughout the world, and allow our supporters to comment and offer their opinions on the various stories of the day, associated with Newcastle United Football Club.
We just know that with Kevin Keegan back and a Billionaire English owner of the club, the times ahead for Newcastle are going to be great again, and we plan to follow that success every step of the way.
Thanks for your support over this last year – it’s been truly appreciated.
Upward and onward.