Shearer – Kevin Bringing Good Times Back to Newcastle

Alan Shearer believes Kevin Keegan is on his way to bringing the good times back to Newcastle and hopes he will sign many good players in the summer.

alan-shearer-12345.jpg

Alan Shearer – has full confidence in Keegan at Newcastle

Alan talked to the official Newcastle United site today:

“I’m sure Kevin knows who he wants as we speak,” “I certainly hope they go out and spend a lot of money on bringing a lot of new players in. It could be exciting times again.”

“He’s said his top signing will be to get Michael Owen to sign a new contract but I think you can expect a few big ones, I don’t think you should be surprised if that’s the case.”

Alan Shearer is convinced that Kevin is once again starting to weave his magic at Newcastle, as he continued:

“I’m not sure a lot of people doubted him within Newcastle,” “Maybe a lot of people doubted him outside but although he hasn’t proved them wrong he’s going that way now, and he’ll get it right, I’m sure of it.”

“It makes me laugh really. If you looked at the situation closely enough you would understand why he was having such a tough time.” “But with the system they’re playing and the chances they’re creating its no surprise to see that they’re scoring goals and enjoying themselves.”

“Kevin was always going to be under the microscope. But his first five or six games were tough fixtures.” “He had taken over a team where confidence was rock-bottom. In fact, they didn’t have any. He has also had to change the system completely in terms of the way they play.”

“Taking all that into account it was no surprise that they didn’t win their first few games. But now it is no surprise that they’ve picked up a couple of wins and pulled away.” “In a way it’s a shame the season is ending because Newcastle are having their best run of the season.”

We have 3 matches left and we must try to get all 9 points to round off what has been a disastrous season for the club. We also don’t know if Alan will ever join Kevin as a coach at Newcastle. That seems to have died a death since Kevin turned the club around a month or so back.

• tdt

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM

shearers the man

• HonoraryGeordie

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Keegans the messiah

• tdt

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:32 PM

indeed.. there both gods 🙂

• 51times

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Good comments from Shearer once again, don’t agree with him that it’s a shame the season is ending though…I want to get signings in quickly so I can enjoy the Euro 2008 championship and look forward to preseason.

• Callum

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:38 PM

‘We have 3 matches left and we must try to get all 9 points to round off what has been a disastrous season for the club.’

If we end up on 51 points and mid-table with the likes of west ham and tottenham, i dont think you can class that as a disastrous season, although not perfect, its the best we could have hoped of with the new players at the start, the new manager at the start and halfway through, new system, coaches, training method, infact everything is new compared to last season!

And didnt we finish 5th once on 56 points? We’re only 5 points off that although our position tells another story 😉

• Marguerite

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Well said our Lion of Gosforth.

Bring on the signings.

Modric the first, please God. So excited at the thought of it.

• James

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:57 PM

• John

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:05 PM

2 complete Legends..It would be a dream if Shearer joined again as a coach or something..That would be ace..

Hey I’ve seen some clips off Modric on you tube amd also the game against England but apart form that don’t know a lot.

From what i seen though , he plays a bit like Nedved. 2 good feet , pacy and tricky..Has anyone on here seen a lot off him?

• spyro

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Shearer joined as a “couch”? that would be funny now wouldn it lol

• John

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:16 PM

LOL …wooops…must change that

• ToonKing

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:36 PM

heey heeeey Shearer uhhhh ahhhhh i wanna knoow oo how you scored that gooooal !!!!

• BART-CRO

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Hi guys..I have discovered this Blog recently due to this Modric story…I live in Zagreb..I’m Croatian and know pretty much everything about football, Dinamo Zagreb and Modric… My first thought when Newcastle was in the game for signing Luka wasn’t particularly good:)…sorry thought you didn’t have too much to offer to Luka…he deserves the best…but hearing your cooments I have to say I changed my mind..and now hope he signs for NEWCASTLE UTD::)….cause you’re great fans…and I’m sure he would be The King over there…now let me tell you something about Modric..his style of play and knowledge of football…having watched him for the past 4 years or so he has honestly become pure class….he is an amazing player…I know it sounds funny but at this moment he is way better player than Ronaldinho…trust me…in every department…he is superb in attack as well as defencievly….you may think his height might be a problem but he is so strong…you’de never guess…but he’s like a fighting bull…he thinks like Zidane in attack and fights like Gattuso…he is never affraid….he looks like a 15 year boy that is true:)…but he is everything any top club needs at the moment…he is just perfect…you’ll c:)..hopefuly…the transfer should be no less than 20 mil. Euro…probably 25-30…sorry but he’s worth it!!…EXCELLENT OBSERVATION JOHN…he is VERY MUCH LIKE NEDVED…very similar type of player…and Nedved is just great…still…anyway hope he signs for you guys and than you’ll c what Croatian technique is..I guess you’ve seen it already at Wembley:)…sorry:)…but once more he shoud be num. 1 buy for any club this year…if other clubs think players like Hargreaves, Anderson, Kuyt are worth 20-30 mil. Euro-s..than Modric should cost 100 mil…:)…anyway you better pray he signs for You cause he’ll be as massive as Shearer…trust me…just imagine you are buying Pavel Nedved in his prime…bye from Zagreb…

• Leo

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:08 PM

ive just been thinking about reasons or keegan being appointed, how everyone said it was just to please the fans

but after the season we had, had it was going to take a big name manager to come in to make players think, oh wait something good is going to happen there.

i fully expect some big names but we will not know who they are until they sign. the modric thing still might happen but im not going to get too excited about it.

• CRAIGG

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Where are Michael and his ridiculous comments about the King recently or has he crawled back under his rock…

Kev make my summer put this side out first day next season:

——————Given————————
    —–Beye—–Taylor——Faye—–Bridge—–
    —Wright-Phillips-Modric-Barton-McGeady—
    ———————Owen——–Crouch————–

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Enrique, Butt, Milner, Martins, Viduka

• Tom_Toon

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Crouch better than Viduka? You are a nutter!
    McGeady better than Milner? You are a nutter!

• Rich

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Mcgeady is a far better player than Milner i would have to agree with Craigg there. I really think that kid could be magic in the premiership, people go on about playin in Scotland but hes been great in Europe to and he would be an excellent addition to the asquad but i would play Viduka over Crouch!

• CRAIGG

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:21 PM

I love Jimmy as well, I just put McGeady there because he is usually deployed on the left, Whereas JM is better on the right.

Crouch is not better than Viduka but Duke is a always injured so Crouch would start a lot of games leaving Viduka free for the important ones.

• CRAIGG

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Rich i disagree i like McGeady, but I adore James Milner he is my favourite player i just feel that he is wasted on the left

• 51times

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:44 PM

McGeady is not as good as everybody says imo…he’s not even Irish, he was born in Scotland but turned his back on them.