Viduka Wants To Finish Season On Real High

Mark Viduka has 7 goals this season, but in this injury hit season for the Australian he is keen to add to his goals total, before the end of the season.

mark-viduka-scored-3rd.gif

Mark Viduka – scoring classic goal against Reading

Mark told the Evening Chronicle today before leaving for London:

“I’ve scored goals in patches, but that’s because I’ve played in patches.” “I haven’t played as much as I would like.”

“Even at times when I was fit under Big Sam, I didn’t play.” “I’d play three games then be out, and then on the bench for three games.”

“It’s difficult to get goals if you’re not on the field.” “But now I’m getting the games as well.”

Viduka’s presence as one of Newcastle’s three big hitters in attack has played a huge part in the Keegan turnaround at St James’ Park.

Mark has scored 3 good goals since Kevin returned to the club.

“It was a relief to score against Fulham and Reading just to get on the score sheet.”

“And it was a relief to get out and play again after injury.”“But to get goals is extra special.”

Viduka can play an important part in Newcastle’s revival next season, although he should be concentrating on getting extra fit in the summer. A fit and functioning Mark Viduka is a huge boost for Newcastle, although we expect Kevin to bring in another big striker in the summer.

Mark added:

“I’m not sure how I’ll reflect on this season during the summer just yet.” “We’ll have to wait and see how it ends. It’s been up and down season for Newcastle and an up and down one for me personally.

“It’s been my first season here and I know it’s not always going to be that way.” “But we can still finish strongly.

“If we keep playing the way we have been, we can end the season on a real high.”

We think Mark may well get on the score sheet tomorrow, but the main thing is to win again. These last 3 games should be viewed as next season having already started, so the players can continue to show how good they are.

• spyro

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM

too bad the title of this article couldnt be

‘The duke persuades Luke to come to the tyne’

lol 🙂

• 51times

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM

look at nufc.com

• Geordie Gerrard7

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM

what about nufc.com

• Leo

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:54 PM

i would have put viduka on my shirt if he was a bit younger, he wont be first team for many more seasons unfortunatly.

• Ausgeordie

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Modric was never at St.James,….

So do we think Keegan is telling the truth or is he trying to throw other teams off the scent by saying Modrics name between Henry and Deco. I really did get excited then for a second but I hope this is just shrewdness on his part and Modric is still a possibility.

The other thought of course is that none of the papers claimed Modric himself had been to St James only he had had a celebratory dinner with some mates. Keegan never said he had not spoken to his advisors just denied seeing Modric himself.

• Bobby Ollox

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:02 PM

I wonder whether any talented player going in to the European Championships would commit himself to a club.

If he comes out of Swizterland with a good tournament under his belt, he could have his pick of any club in Europe.

I’d love to think he was coming, but it does seem unlikely that he would commit yet.

• Bobby Ollox

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Finishing on a high – thoroughly enjoyed the last 6 matches – played clever attractive football, scored goals, kept clean sheets, won away etc etc.

We arent even close to the top 4 yet, but I dont see anyone else who could outclass us at the moment – really looking forward to the Chelsea match – if that turns out to be a vital game for them, it will be a real test for us to see how far we have come since Manu sticking 6 past us in 45 minutes.

Beating chelsea would leave the season on a high…..

• CRAIGG

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Miles off topic but the arselicking to Geremi tortoise legs has got too much for a JM supporter like me, Ive been doing some homework and gone all Allardycesque with stats:

I just wanted to put the record straight about Milners Goals scored and created with crossing, Passes and Set pieces:

Last Season

Goals = 1 Vs West Ham, 1 Vs Villa, 1 Vs Man Utd, 1 Vs Brum

Crosses = 1 Sibierski Vs Celta Vigo, 1 Luque Vs Palermo, 1 Martins Vs Watford, 1 Dyer Vs Villa

Corners = 1 Taylor Vs Sheff Utd, 1 Taylor Vs Celta Vigo, 1 Taylor Vs Brum,

Free Kicks = 1 Huntington Vs Spurs, 1 Parker Vs Spurs, 1 Ameobi Vs Everton

Passes = 1 Martins Vs Sheff Utd, 1 Edgar Vs Man Utd

= 16

This Season

Goals = 1 Vs Stoke, 1 Vs Spurs, 1 Vs Sunderland
    Crosses = 1 Martins Vs Bolton, 1 Owen Vs Villa
    Passes = 1 Owen Vs Stoke
    Corners = 1 Faye Vs Man Utd

= 7

Not as impressive this season i havent counted his goals and assists for the U21s where he seems to score and create more than at club level .

Superstar Set piece expert Geremi has made 5 and scored 1 this season, wasted corner after corner and he runs like me nan but fairs fair he scored 2 in the african nations cup but he still runs like me nan.

JIMMY FOR ENGLAND AND GEREMI FOR SUNDERLAND

• ToonKing

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM

sorry CRAIGG, Geremi is average but Jimmy isn’t better either.

• harrier

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:59 PM

“Viduka Wants To Finish Season On Real High”

dukes needs to cut that nasty drug habit….

• CRAIGG

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:02 PM

He is miles better and he has time on his side

• Bill F

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM

I agree with Leo, I would be surprised if Viduka is much more than a regular sub next season. With two proviso’s, one he gets himself superfit, two we do not sign another striker. Even then it’s probable that Carroll, Zamblera, Lua Lua or No Bhang will become first choices. Still he has surprised us already by his recent form, so he might again.