Keegan Big In Hungary, Newcastle Fantastic Club

It’s not only Michael Owen at Newcastle who is singing the praises of Kevin Keegan.

tamas-kadar-1.gif

Tamas Kadar – seen in late January when signing for Newcastle

Newcastle United’s January signing, Hungarian Tamas Kadar admits that Newcastle are a fantastic club and Keegan is very popular in Hungary.

The 18 year-old has recently been called up for the full Hungary squad, and we expect him to be a full international when his country plays two games in a few weeks time.

Tamas talked about Kevin to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle:

“He is a very kind man, and has helped me a lot.”

“I know that I’m in a very lucky situation, because I can learn from one of the biggest personalities ever in English football history.” “He was a brilliant player, and very successful manager.”

“When I go back to Hungary everybody likes to hear something about Mr Keegan, but I can tell them just one very simple thing: he is a very good manager, and I enjoy every day to work with him.”

“It’s an absolutely amazing feeling to be here and be a player of this fantastic club.”

“I try to do my best every day, because I know a big club signed me, and I would like to show that they made a good decision.”

That’s exactly what we like to hear from our youngsters,

We also know that Ben Tozer is glowing in his praise for everything at the Newcastle club when he goes back to Swindon, and these two boys seem destined for great futures on Tyneside.

They are arguably our two most promising youngsters right now.

A really good quote from young Tamas, and his words will do us an awful lot of good in Hungary. Good for him.

Now, who are the top Hungarian players these days? 😀

• Leo

May 14, 2008 at 10:23 AM

quality, is there any other good magyars we can get? he seems the model professional

and looks a good footballer too

• Ant (Smith's a smoggy)

May 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM

My new favourit CB…Edgar and Taylor out for this one!

Mr. Keegan? He must be the only footballer to call his manager by the name he should, a point of authority.

Fickle? HELL YEAH!!

• Ed Harrison

May 14, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Leo – you beat me to it – I just added similar comment at the end. 😀

• ELFER

May 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Well, by the way NEWCASTLE is also a much loved club here in my homecountry switzerland 😉 Get young DERDIYOK!

• Toon Boy

May 14, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Amara Diane looks a bit tasty.
    Check him ou on You Tube……….
    I would say a better bet than Gomis!!!

• Nick Dryden

May 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Off subject, but the recent spat between Faye and N’Zogbia over wages shows just why we need a wage structure and ceiling , not just figures plucked out of the sky by greedy players and agents who always put money before playing for us, as in Shepherd’s days. I think Ashley is spot on with this youngsters like Kadar policy. Diamonds for minimum outlay and the guy (Kadar) is already going to be a full international at 18.

• Hamas (51times)

May 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Good words from Kadar, best of luck to him with the Hungarian national team.

• Magpies

May 14, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Hello
    I’m from Hungary. And I also love Newcastle United. We have a Newcastle football team and we won our first trophy on our first cup in september.
    Please check out our webpage: http://www.nufc.hu
    Howay the Toon!

• Punk Skunk

May 14, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Don’t y’just love the guy already?..
    …Good luck in the Hungary games Tamas, hope y’get to play!..
    I really think East Europe is an excellent place to look for new players…Shouldn’t break the bank, have skills & a lot of them wouldn’t moan about the weather!..
    …Ho’way, get in there!..

• Ed Harrison

May 14, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Magpies – that’s a great site you have there in Hungary ……..great job.

• Thomas

May 14, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Amara Diane’s been talking up of a move to nufc.. Anyone know more about the guy??

• Punk Skunk

May 14, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Hi Magpies,
    Welcome,
    Keep the faith in Hungary mate!..
    …Toon, Toon!..

• Bill F

May 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM

As there are no British teams in the Euros we could adopt Hungary as the team to follow. (they are in the competition aren’t they?) Especially if Tamas gets a few games.

• Magpies

May 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Hi
    Thx!

We would like to establish the Official Hungarian Newcatle Fan Club.
    I hope it will be working and maybe we can go out some Newcastle matches.
    Sorry for my English, it’s not prefect…

• Bill F

May 14, 2008 at 11:10 AM

The site looks very good do you have an English version/option.

• Magpies

May 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM

We would like an english version in the near future.

• Leo

May 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM

yeah you have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat me sunny haha.

Bill F, did you say you are a physical practitioner the other day?

• Bill F

May 14, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Leo, yes I work as a Shiatsu practitioner. And whilst I am admittedly biased it is probably the best all round hands on complementary therapy you can find.

• Punk Skunk

May 14, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Nice lookin’ site Magpies!..
    …Keep up the good work bro’!..

• Leo

May 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM

shiatsu, sounds like something else lol…

the reason i ask is that i damaged my neck playing football two weeks back and its still quite sore, bit stiff on occasions, what happened was i was in goal and was neiling down to take the ball from the goal line, the player encroached the box (not allowed in 5 aside) and his thigh struck me on the top of the head pushing me back the neck took the impact and made a deep cracking noise.

been experiencing slight numbness of my arms and fingers too recently. any idea what i can do or whats wrong? i tried self diagnosing but the websites are rubish on the subject

• Bill F

May 14, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Leo, I would strongly suggest you go to see your GP just in case you have damaged vertebrae in your neck. You might need to go to A/E for an
    X-ray. Its not something you should take a chance on.

• Leo Smith

May 14, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I had an incident playing in goal a while back where I slid out to grab the ball off a strikers foot. The lovely chap decided he was going to take a shot with my head instead. Very quick blackout, was ok for a bit then my neck spasmed something fierce and I couldn’t move without excruciating pain for a few days – when I could finally egt someone to take me to the doctors they said I’d got whiplash. nice. Still hurts from time to time to this day – get your back/neck sorted if you can!!

On topic, good for Tamas. From what I’ve read/heard he’s looking extremely good in the reserves. Let’s hope he progresses into the senior squad soon!

• Bill F

May 14, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I work quite a bit with people with whiplash type injuries and the people I work with find it effective. If you want the name of a Shiatsu practitioner near where you live I could give you one.

My first reaction when you described the incident is that you might be walking around with a broken neck, but if if you have seen seen your GP he would (should) spotted have that. Did he send you for a precautionary X-ray just to ascertain there was no damage, if not it’s still worth checking out.

• Leo

May 14, 2008 at 6:42 PM

well shamefully i havent been to see the doctor, i tend not to unless its unbarable. i live near morpeth…

i doubt its a broken neck though because i am able to play football still and help around the garden lifting stuff….

well i hope lol

• Bill F

May 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Leo mate you really really ought to, surely there are Doctors in Morpeth. Even if it only puts your mind at ease.

I would imagine you have a trapped nerve in your neck which is why you are getting the pins and needles down your arm and yes it could be damage in the form of a break or fracture and another blow similar to what you had could be more serious. It may not seem as bad if you have well developed neck muscles but nevertheless if theres damage you need to know.

• gallowgate31

May 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

Well done Tamas, a true breath of fresh air…..

Hope u and Tozer set the prem alight,

• Tripp

May 14, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Magpie, crackin’ site mate. It looks very nice!

Leo, see a doc man! I’m usually like you but now that I’m a little older (I’m 35) and have a “medical condition” I am more likely to see the medicos sooner rather than later. I could have saved myself some damage to my right foot if I’d been less stubborn (Rheumatoid arthritis went undiagnosed for almost 2 years and did some permanent damage). Coulda been prevented if I’d been more of a BGB about it.

• Leo

May 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM

reet i will ring the quaks tomorrow see what they have to say about it. i will let you know when i find out