Rozehnal Now Has Starting Place At Lazio

David Rozehnal has nailed down a first team spot at Lazio in the last few games, and is keen to stay at the Rome club.

david-rozehnal-93.jpg

David Rozehnal – wants to stay at Lazio

The Czech Republic international has been on loan at Lazio from Newcastle since January, after failing to hold down a regular first-team spot at the Tyneside club.

However, recently he has started to enjoy more success in Rome and his confidence has improved:

“In the last five games I have played from the start and it has given me the self-confidence I had when I was playing for Paris St Germain,”

“Everything is looking to be returning to normal, I hope it will continue this way.”

David has been included in the Czech Republic’s training squad ahead of Euro 2008, but is still unsure about where he will be next August.

Rozehnal wants to stay at Lazio, but only if he can be guaranteed regular opportunities.

“I have not played as much I have wanted to,” “Now it is up to Lazio to make a decision.”

“If I was playing then I would definitely come. It is important for me to play regularly.”

“I would not like to struggle here in a situation where I play one game and sit out the next three.”

David will certainly not be returning to Tyneside, unless Newcastle have trouble selling him in the summer. We paid £2.9M for David from PSG last summer, and we’d certainly like to at least get our money back on the Czech International.

But David is a reasonably good player, and a good performance in Euro 2008 should guarantee a decent club coming after him, if indeed Lazio decide not to make his deal permanent.

• tdt

May 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM

they can have him, not needed here thanks

• HeronMag

May 15, 2008 at 12:12 PM

It’s strange. Part of me wants him to excel at Euro 2008 so we get a good fee…

But if he’s that good should we get rid!?

Dilemma!!

• Davies

May 15, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Couldn’t give a toss about Rozenahl to be honest. If he doesn’t want to be here, screw him, let him go.

I said the same about Zog, but I’ve just read an article on Chronicle Live that says he wants to stay, and that the bust up with Faye at Goodison park didn’t happen.

He actually said he has always been happy at SJP.

Be nice if he has had a change of heart and attitude.

• dougnufc

May 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM

maybe if we pay 8mil + him, we might be able to get pandev

• Graeme

May 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM

He’s a good player and we should get our money back on him. If Lazio dont want to pay it, or someone else for that matter, he will still be a useful asset at SJP.

• John

May 15, 2008 at 12:24 PM

• Eric

May 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Do not think we will keep him. His squad number is 4. That could go to a new CB? Or incoming midfielder

• Toon_Ksk

May 15, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Anybody likes Lee Young-Pyo?

He is leaving Spurs. I feel that he is a very good and under-rated player. Hope the club is at least considering him.

• jeff

May 15, 2008 at 12:35 PM

I thought Rozehnal started well at newcastle but then he went out the team when his wife had a kid then he just looked very average after that….Sell him for hopefully what we paid….As for Zog,he’s happy now at newcastle and says he always has been…so if thats the case is he saying Keegan is a liar???He needs to knuckle down and just get on with it…Another thing,he says he never had a fight with Faye….so how the f@@k are the papers reporting this crap…some old story..trying to rubbish newcastle united when there is nothing else for them to print…If I got things wrong in my job Id be sacked,how come reporters can get things wrong all the time but keep their jobs…..baffles me!!!!!

• Davies

May 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Unfortunately, reporters seem to make more money for their respective publications by making sensationalist rubbish up. It actually pays them to get it wrong.

• Leo

May 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Davies, i was sure the bust up didnt happen, i hope i am right and he does want to stay

rozzy really isnt a big loss although i think he could have been a great player, he never said anything bad about us and the club just that he didnt want to play in different positions which some people dont feel comfortable doing, especially as center back is our weakest position it was a shock to him.

• Geordie Gerrard7

May 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM

lee young-pyo is the worst thing since aids, i hate him. As for the i think im great rozenhal, he can stay where he is too

• CRAIGG

May 15, 2008 at 12:59 PM

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA has insisted he is happy at St James’s Park, but is angry at reports of an alleged bust-up between himself and his Newcastle United colleague Abdoulaye Faye.

United’s French Under-21 international woke up to a report yesterday that he had been involved in an altercation with Faye before the final match of the season with Everton at Goodison Park.

But N’Zogbia has denied this, and certainly neither Kevin Keegan nor any members of his coaching staff were aware of any row between the two players.

The 21-year-old midfielder does not give many interviews, but he told me today: “I am happy at Newcastle United and, to tell the truth, I have always been.

“At the moment, all I am concentrating on in playing for France Under-21s in Sweden at the end of this month and then, like the rest of the Newcastle squad, I will be looking at what players we are going to sign.”

N’Zogbia was not keen on saying that he will be definitely staying at St James’s next season because he is uncertain as to whether the club will sell him or not.

But at least his positive attitude will encourage United fans who know that he has the potential to go on and be a big name in the Premier League.

However, he was willing to talk about his alleged bust-but up with Faye, saying: “I have been at Newcastle since I was 17 and I have never been involved in a fight with anyone.

“And why would I pick a fight with Abdoulaye Faye? Not only is he a friend of mine but he is also a little bit bigger than me.”

Typical Cockney press, Why dont we sue them ?

• Tom_Toon

May 15, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Rozehnal is very fickle.

• Bill F

May 15, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I think we may yet regret the loss of Roz, I think he was another player badly used by FS.

• Micky Toon

May 15, 2008 at 2:07 PM

WRT the gutter press and being able to sue them. They will just claim the elusive SJP insider told them it happened, so they just reported on what they had been told. In other words they made it up, but there is no evidence to prove this, so they can get away with it.
    The SJP insider can always be found having a pint in The Strawberry with that other fountain of information, a source close to the club, who is often seen with a source close to the player.

• Neil

May 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Geordie Gerrard7 – Could you please refrain from such funny comments in the lunch hour period as I was drinking pepsimax and my monitor at work nearly got sprayed with it!!
    Very funny!!

• Kash2

May 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I’ve just read that Andrea Barzagli of Palermo is definitely leaving his club and that he’s already lined up his new club. I’ve seen him play for Italy, and he’s quite a commanding and dominant CB.

We were linked to him at one stage, weren’t we?

• Geordie Gerrard7

May 15, 2008 at 2:56 PM

lol, happned to me many of time

• Eric

May 15, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Would like to offer my condolences to the family of Tommy Burns on his untimely death. Not only was he a coach with Celtic but also with NUFC for a while. A loss to the game as a whole.

• John

May 15, 2008 at 3:34 PM

looks like Bayern Munich are favourites to get Barzaghli mate

• Hadrian

May 15, 2008 at 3:43 PM

no he doesnt .
    he’splayed while those around him have had injurys .

i think im gonna stop reading this blog , its went nowhere but downhill these past months .

• Geordie Gerrard7

May 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM

bye then hadrian. shame you think so i do not agree

• bo

May 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Rozethal was poo and i am glad he is gone

• Daniel Petersen

May 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Good luck to Roz. Never found the form he had at PSG for us. I hope Italy works out better for him. I still think Big Sam’s “Man Management” may have had something to do with Roz’s (and most of the team for that matter) mid season bad form.