We know of no interest Newcastle have in Peru midfielder Marino, but his agent seems to have tried to stir up interest in the player this week.
Marino – not good enough for Newcastle
Juan Carlos Marino’s agent has said that Newcastle should formally approach the player for a move to the Premier League, if they are interested.
Marino is now at the Hercules club in the Spanish second division, and his representative Borja Gonzalez has recently said he will not make a move to Alianza Lima in Peru, as previously thought.
Newcastle are reported to have registered an interest in the player but have yet to put in an official offer.
Gonzalez told 24 Horas Libre.
“I understand that Marino will not return to Alianza in July,”
“I dismiss it because Juan Carlos is under contract with Hercules until June 31 and it exists a possibility that the Alicante club extend his stay.”
“Other options exist from Spanish clubs and even Newcastle in England.”
Apart from the fact there is no June 31st, this seems to us a blatant attempt by an agent to drum up interest in one of his players, so we would be surprised if thereâ€™s any truth in it.
Marino is 26, and has played for Peru just 4 times.
We doubt the player is good enough for Newcastle, and weâ€™d be surprised to hear anything more about this.