Rozehnal Joins Lazio In Permanent Move

Good news today for Newcastle United, Lazio and David Rozehnal.

david-rozehnal-93.jpg

David Rozehnal – now a Lazio player

It really does look like Newcastle are stepping up their summer transfer business, and today the club announced the good news that Lazio have exercised their option to purchase David Rozehnal.

The sale will mean Newcastle have got the fee they wanted for David, who never quite made it at the club.

It’s being reported the agreed fee is £2.8M, which is what we paid for David when he was signed from PSG only last summer.

Rozehnal has looked good for the Czech Republic in the latest games he has played, and it has obviously convinced Lazio that is is worth buying permanently.

David has earned the deal.

There were also several other clubs starting to express interest in the 6’3″ center-back.

That’s more money in the coffers for Newcastle, and another significant wage earner now off the pay roll.

We wish David all the best in Italy, and we think he can do very well in that league.

• HeronMag

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM

As annoyed as I was at Rozenhal with his outbursts I’m sad to see him go. I always thought he could have been a top player, but it never really worked out for him.

• JC

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Not suited to pl. maybe could do well in Italy. But hope we start bringing players IN!!!

• Tom4Nufc

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:08 PM

We gotta sell Smith whilst on this roll of selling people, C’mon some1 should want him.

• Eric

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM

I hope he does well for Lazio with his Geordie baby in tow. We have an even smaller squad now. It will not last long though – we must have some incoming surely? Is it true we have sold the St James Park laundry ladies to Portsmouth?

• steve

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I get the impression KK wants to keep Smith although god knows what for. He was forever praising his attitude last year – I really hope I’m wrong

• NUFCFAN

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:17 PM

not many to go!

• HeronMag

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:17 PM

steve – I reckon you’re right mate. I don’t see KK selling Smith. Think he’ll keep him as a squad player.

• Tom_Toon

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Now we just need to get rid of Cacapa, Ameobi, Duff and Smith and bring in players and promote Kadar, Edgar, Lualua permanently.

• JC

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Steve-Me too but why would he want him. He’s not type of player keegan likes.

• Matthew

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Can’t complain if we got our money back.

• moza

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM

same every season we wait and wait and sign no1 of real quality, while spurs show real intent season after season, i thought this crap would change with the new regime but something just dosent seem right with our club and there is no communication with the fans.

• James

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:21 PM

I too am getting worried that we are not selling Smith, especially considering how much he gets paids for doing nothing

But they are not going to sell Smith until they buy a replacement (Gomis possibly)

• ronaldeano

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM

@moza, i agree

• craig chisholm

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM

yes, less keep on selling, sell them all. that is more money in the bank for that fat knacka ashley to spend ot the roulette table. less wage bill now, less players, more money in, its going great. lets jsut get rid of owen, taylor, harper, given, milner, martins, zogs etc. plus snap it off in bartons arse just cos we can. LETS GET RID OF EVERYONE – YAHOO!! something else lads, look at the wording on our site about rozza going – its just mentions money, money money etc. we have ALWAYS in the past said ‘we wish him well’ blah blah. i know it is only something small and subtle but its another little sign lads… i can not be the only one seeing these things… what is our club turning into?
    and still……not a single player in since last summer. Hey help me out lads….can anyone work out who has left and what their wages were cos it just seems like we have about two players left now.

• Kash2

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM

To be honest, i’m happier seeing youngsters getting promoted if we don’t sign anyone. The youngsters will always give there all for the shirt!

However, Modric didn’t look great the other night. Steve Brights comments;

“I fear Modric could be the next Sergei Rebrov”

Well Steve, I really hope so!

• James

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM

@moza = how on earth are the board supposed to attract top talent?

players go to a club to play in europe or to win trophies. we are not in europe and we haven’t won a trophy for 50 years….that hardly makes us attractive to the top class european players we all want.

the board will be just as frustrated as the fans with the lack of top players saying yes to our interest.

• Jimmie

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM

I belive six month was to early to judge if he was suited for the premiership or not. I for one would be happy to give him some more time to decide.. after all, he is a czech international! But he belongs to the past now and lets just hope that Ashley will provide the cash to Keegan and let the spending begin!!

• Graeme

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Pleased he got a decent club and we got our money back. I wish him well for the future.

• Stamford Toon

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Good luck to David. I like him and think he would have settled with us given a chance and time. He needed to be played in his best position and not pushed around all over the place. I don’t blame him for complaining and KK should have been big enough to listen rather than just ship him out. I thought KK was supposed to be a good communicator! I don’t know why clubs pay footballers so much and then treat them like children – ‘only speak when you’re spoken to.’

• alan

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM

i cant un derstand why everybody is so negative at the minute .Of the ones who have left up to now none were available for selection at the end of the season and hardly any of them played, either due to injury or not good enough for selection – emre, carr, ramage,rozenhal – at least three of whom were high wage earners and never played

• Julio Geordio

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:44 PM

You know, out of all our foreign flop signings over the years, this for me is one of the most disappointing.

I geniunely thought ole Rozzy could have been our ‘Hyppia’ for years to come.

Wasn’t meant to be though, at least he got out early instead of lingering around like that spanish git who I refuse to speak his name.

Just hope the club pull their fingers out and get Taylor signed up. Forget Owen, Taylor’s contract for me is the most important issue this summer.

• Kash2

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM

@Stamford Toon – Are you for real? In my job, which is actuarial reserving for a large American insurance company. If my boss asked me to help out and do some pricing for underwriters, I wouldn’t say no just because I specialise in reserving and not pricing. It’s known as working as a team and doing the best you can!

His attitude wasn’t right considering we were struggling. And the fact he wasn’t to go out of his way to show the new manager what he was about shows his heart wasn’t in it.

Good riddence!

• Eric

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Good this! Get rid of the players that earn big money and that KK doesn´t have in his plans… Get some money in… then start buying the the players after the euros (or before if posible) to fill all the empty holes inte the team!

Liked the lad alot! Understands why he wanted to leave, he was to good to sit on the bench, and gues that wans´t what he was after when he come to us! Nice to get the money back thou!

• GSfan

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Damn wish we got him 🙁 Dunno much about him but he’d definitely be better than the likes of the ones we’re linked with (Dario Simic, damn retirees). That game against Switzerland was solid, tho that’s just one match…

Modric feels a bit overrated to me. I doubt he’ll live up to the hype (here’s me hoping for you guys). That match against Austria shouldn’t be a scale though for him cuz Austria played relentlessly. Even if they lost they played really good, unlike us (Turkey).

Oh btw little news update on Emre for those who might care, another incentive for him leaving you guys could be that he wants to do his military service. He still hasn’t done it so I’m sure he’s going to get that out of the way too when he’s at Fenerbahce. It’s all over the news that he’s going to be missing the Champion’s League qualifier games cuz of this. Wish he had done it before the Euros… at least he would have gotten rid of the weight he got from eating kebaps in Newcastle.

My prediction is that you guys are going to make some really nice transfers after the Euros. Sort of a useless fact but whenever I play FM the first thing I do is get rid of the oldies and the wage hogs along with ppl that can’t run. After a while the newer players just pour in :O Just watch! I’m sure the same’s gonna happen to you guys.

Btw there’s a Boro fan here at my uni and he says you guys are arch rivals with each other, however I never see you guys hurl abuse at them here. All the abuse seems to go towards Tottenham and Sunderland. Which club would be the arch rival for you guys?

• James

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM

GSFan – I HATE SPURS!!!

Biggest scum in the premiership, and can’t wait to beat them next season and give Modric a good kicking too

• natedawg

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:56 PM

always sunderland r our main rivals, and use to be boro next but for me my hatred of spurs has seen them overtake the smoggies to second place

• cg

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM

It’s the borofans who see the toon as “arch rivals” moreso than the other way around.
    Don’t know about their desire to get excessively ridiculed and abused though but if thats what they want then sure – go ahead and bash your friend at the uni! 😉

oh and,
    F*CK SUNDERLAND!

• Kash2

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM

@GSFAN – Boro aren’t rivals at all. Sunderland are in the same county as us, but Boro aren’t. The only thing we have in common is that they’re sort of in the North East, but only just! They should be rivals with Leeds, as they’re closer!

Plus people from Boro are a bunch on incestuous peodophiles, and us geordies don’t like to associate ourselves with such people!

• micepie

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Looking at the remains of our current squad, I think that if we draft 3-4 youngsters into the first team squad then buy 2 defenders, 2 mf and one striker we should be okay.

10M for Gomis won’t do it, surely? We’d probably need to start with a bid of 12 or 13 if he’s in that much demand and that good!

• GSfan

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Cheers for the replies 🙂

• Kash2

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:07 PM

We need 4 midfielders mate!

• Kash2

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:07 PM

I hope Arshavin is a target also, maybe we’ll go for him after the Euros too!

• GSfan

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Too bad he’s suspended for the first match.

• Graham

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Good luck Roz. A decent player but not really one for the prem league – not as we have a dodgy defence to start with. He could have been ok with a commanding CB next to him.

And craig chisholm – give it a rest will you. We are getting rid of some high paid dead wood. We will be brining players in over the next 6-8 weeks so cool your jets lad

• craig chisholm

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Graham………i will say what i want……the same as you. you dont tell me to do anything mate.

• Taiwantoon

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:22 PM

The board seems to find it hard to sign players before the Euro ends, but they are dead quick in selling them.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind seeing deadwood been removed, I am just amused by how hard it can be for us to sign any established players.

• Tom_Toon

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Tziolis, Torosidis and Salpigidis tonight. Salpigidis is immense.

• Graham

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Craig – but you think that Ashley is doing this to line his casino pockets? If that were the case he would be left with an empty stadium and no income from NUFC. How would he sell it to get his money back.

You say what you want – just put you’re brain in gear first.

• Kash2

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Anyone watch the Dutch game last night? Liked the look of Orlando Engelaar, he’s an absolute “Giant”. It was like seeing Tom Huddlestone on steroids and speed!

Looked a really good player!

• moza

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM

@james, get your point but, take portsmouth for example no europe last year still atracted defoe , distin etc and watch man city leap into action as we stand still