Newcastle Still After 6’4″ Hungarian

News today is coming through that Newcastle United are still interested in Roland Juhász, a 24 year-old Hungarian defender.

roland-juhasz.jpg

Roland Juhász – 6’4″ Hungarian center-back

This is not the first time we’ve been linked with Juhasz, and we were first linked with him a couple of weeks ago in early June.

He is currently playing for the Belgium club Anderlecht, for whom he has appeared 65 times since moving there from MTK Hungária FC in 2005.

The 24 year old 6’4″ Hungarian, who will turn 25 early next month, has played 36 times for Hungary and scored 3 goals.

He had previously played 107 times and scored 12 goals for MTK Hungária FC, back in his home country.

We already, of course, have 18 year-old Hungarian Tamas Kadar at the club, and the Newcastle staff have very high hopes for the youngster.

We don’t have too much other information about Roland, other than this is not the first time there’s been a link with the Magpies, but we have no idea what the transfer fee may be.

But here’s another potential target, who was born in Monor, Hungary, and appears to be on the Newcastle list.

We’ll see if anything further develops on this story.

• Graeme

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Is he a step up from what we have though? Is he better than the Rangers defender??

Know nothing about him!!! Anybody know how good he is??

• Ericles

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM

An interesting proposition. An international and of the right age. How good is he? Perhaps we could put him in the same mobile home as Kadar? Company for the lad.

• Tom_Toon

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM

I have seen him once, he just look like an average defender.

• keith

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:35 PM

I thought we were going for players with premiership experience?

• BigDave

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:37 PM

I’ve seen him on international matches twice, and he looks good. He can attack and score goals, he’s a good header. Could be good for us, but maybe a little bit slow. Surely much better than Rozehnal and Cacapa. Could be around £1m.

• ToonKing

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:54 PM

he’s decent but way to average for us. I’m hungarian take my word for it. He’s slow and very very inconsistent, he’s decent in the air but that’s it.

PS: BigDave, Cacapa and Rozehnal are ten times better then him, especially Cacapa.

• BelgianSupporter

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Hello,

I am Belgian so I already had the opportunity to see him play. It is hard in his tackles and almost always a good position. I know it does not cost cheap and that his salary should not be very high. Anderlecht did not make much money.

Sorry for my bad English. I learned only still has the school.

• Bill F SPLASH THE CASH ASH

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Didn’t we get Onwenyu from Belgium who did not exactly shine in the EPL. We do not necessarily want big, I would rather have a skillfull fast defender Like Cris of Lyon. I would agree that Cacapa could be a winner given a chance in the same way that Vidic eventually did.

• Spyro

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:42 PM

exactly, cacapa is a smart defender, he just wasn’t ready for the physical side of the prem, we should give him another chance, his diving tackles saved us numerous times last season

• Vaclav

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I see this man play in my homeland before he is gone for Belgium and I like to see him play for the black and whites of Newcastle in the future next to Tamas Kadar.

He is a good player. He can keep the ball moving well across the pitch and he is also very tall which is useful in a tough competitive league like in England.

As Newcastle is my supported English club I would like to see this transfer happen.

• Adrian Wright

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM

I think this chap is not well known, he is an average player. I think he is more like Vidic before he joined the Red Devils (he grab his chance with both hands). I am sure if given the chance he’ll be so commited that he’ll become a world class defender and give us the much needed strength at the back.
    These so-called LESS KNOWN PLAYERS can come in and become stars. If KK has seen anything in him and really wants him then i think let’s give the kid a chance.

COME ON THEN …… WHAT’S THE NAME AGAIN

• Tom_Toon

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:58 PM

The Hungarian i want is Dzsudzsak.

• Joe

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:02 PM

I think there’s gonna be a signing today.. I haven’t said that yet coz we usually take too long in the window but I reckon today is the day!

• gorskino10

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:03 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=92lrFiWggiE (Goal VS Greece

Goal VS Japan

Goal VS Italy

all in 2008 damm he has a presence from crosses so a deal for 2 mill would be a bargin.

• ToonKing

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:10 PM

i’m telling you again, don’t watch youtube, this guy is good but far from being good enough.

• Bucks_mag

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM

BillF – Cris was shite for Leuverkusen against us in the Champions League when Shearer got a hat trick

• toon4lyf

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM

shud go for collicuni instead
    collici,julio arca, aimar,d’alesandro thats the best i think we can get

• micepie

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I don’t know how much Liverpool value Guthrie at (2M??), or how much they would value Hobbs and Finnan at but surely we could
    potentially swap Milner for all 3? If we got Turan or another replacement for Milner too then that would give us several
    more options… p.s – as I live in NY, pity I can’t spot KK somewhere to suggest it to him before he leaves!

• CRAIGG

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Bucks_mag

Youre right about Cris, Al and believe it or not Shola ran him ragged.

The defender we should target is Gonzalo Rodriguez from Villareal im sure they would take £10m

Top Class sweeper, would let Taylor/Faye play their all action defensive game without leaving gaps in behind.

• gorskino10

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM

I think the Guthrie is to have backup and they have put him in with a cash offer of around what they feel is his fee of 7 mill so that plus guthrie (2mill) =9mill what Newcastle want.
    anywho he looks ok i dont know alot but from the youtube videos i posted he can score but being from that part you get a good player like getting vidic from those sort of places so its worth 2 mill of anyones money.

• belfast toon

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:46 PM

I’m really getting bored with speculation we get linked with two or three players every day and still have not signed anyone i understand the first signing is crucial to show our intentions but this is getting beyond the joke!!!!

• Bill F SPLASH THE CASH ASH

Jun 17, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Are we talking about the same player, he has been with Lyon for years, if it is it doesn’t mean he hasn’t improved since his early days he might just have been in a shite team. I have always been impressed with him in the French League.

• Frankieboy

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:02 PM

If he is half as good as the last central defender we got from Anderlect then that will do for me.
    Could be worth it if fee and wages are acceptable.
    He looks good on set pieces (probably bith ends of the pitch) but can he defend.
    KK will make that decision and you can bet your life, if he is interested he has already spoken to Philippe Albert about the lad.
    Also bet Albert has told him what a great move it would be for him too.

• Leo

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM

i love this speculations, i guess it means i know more and more different players and get an impression of what they are actually like from people ‘in the know’ on hear. haha

i agree with the notion that we need a sweeper type defender, but one who is real fast and strong, but also has a presence for corners

• sirjasontoon

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Looks like a pile of hungarian goat sh@t.

Let’s face the facts we are obviously on a budget with tight wad ashley and I think this is the type of player we will sign time and time again in this window.

A)Cheap Fee
    B)Low Wages
    C)Has his own suits
    D)No competition from more ambitious clubs for example Spurs,Man City,Pompey,Villa,Blackburn.

I want Ashley to state his intent or sell up..and take the recruitment team with him…bunch of idiots.

• Oba

Jun 18, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Who the feck is this fella?