Newcastle Target Diane Hands In Transfer Request

Paris St Germain striker Amara Diane, linked to Newcastle United for several weeks, has handed in a transfer request.

amara-diane-1.jpg

Amara Diane – handed in transfer request to PSG

The Ivory Coast international seems to have set his heart on joining Newcastle, since he has more than once said he would love to join the club, and it seems he is trying to move things along, by now requesting a transfer.

Amara told Sky Sports in mid-May:

“Kevin Keegan is a dream coach, his team always plays offensive football and playing in England would be a great opportunity,”

“I know there is some contact between the two clubs and if an agreement is reached, I will go to Newcastle.”

“To play with Michael Owen would be great and there is also Obafemi Martins who is a top striker.”

“The Premier League is attractive and some of my Ivorian friends are there so I would be in good company.”

But it seems like Amara is less than pleased that his asking price has doubled in the last six months, as PSG were ready to transfer him to a club in Qatari for only £3.5M last January.

The African striker is now amazingly rated at £8M, and seems ready to leave the club.

Head coach Paul Le Guen asked him to leave last January and reportedly offered him as part of a swap deal with Rennes’ Jimmy Briand only last month.

Diane told Le Parisien yesterday:

“I will not go back next season,” It’s the end with Paris.”

“I am very disappointed by Paul Le Guen’s attitude. I’ve known for a long time that he doesn’t count on me anymore.”

“So I want to go to a club that wants me. Here, they don’t anymore.” “Since the break he (Le Guen) has been ready to get rid of me. I know it.”

“This winter, the club tried to sell me to Qatar for €4.5 million (£3.5M).” “Le Guen told (former president) Alain Cayzac that he didn’t want me anymore. And I had to strongly intervene to stop all that.”

“In the middle of the season, it was better to keep my mouth shut and return to training.”

“But there are always moments when the masks drop. And what PSG are doing to me at the moment is disgusting.”

“I understand that the club are asking for €10 million (£8 million) to sell me.” “In six months my value has doubled according to Paris because we saved ourselves from relegation on the last day.”

“Bizarre things are happening at the club. When Michel Moulin (director of sport for the last month of the season) was here, I met him.”

“He gave me his word that if an offer of €5 million came in, I would be free to go. Moulin left and, all of a sudden, I’m worth €10 million?”

“I’ve had some interest in Spain but when they hear ‘Diane = €10 million’ they stop everything. I repeat, it’s shameful to act this way with me.”

“My future isn’t in Paris anymore. And I must live and find a club. Now, I demand PSG to sit round a table with my agent and discuss things.”

“I want things to happen correctly and with respect,” “I don’t wish to create a war.”

“I well realise that if the club have spent the last two seasons in the league basement, it’s totally the players’ fault and therefore mine.”

“Everyone has to do their own accounts. I’ve done mine and I and I want people to understand well that they mustn’t take me for an imbecile.”

That’s like reading a book, and one thing is for sure, Diane is an unhappy camper right now.

And we cannot be 100% sure he is real target for Newcastle, we just don’t know right now who the club’s real targets are, only those that keep getting mentioned in the press.

But if Newcastle are doing a good job in the transfer market, the signings we make will be excellent, and come as a complete shock to all of us, because they’ve kept it quiet and got the deals done.

But we’ll have to wait and see what transpires, and be a little patient.

Comments very welcome.

• domtoon

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:01 PM

is this dude any good??

• Stockley-(dreaming of signing van der vaart)

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:02 PM

no thanks

• Dan

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:09 PM

raaaaaaaaaaaather not! ! ¬_¬

• Tom_Toon

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Please DONT sign him.

• ronaldeano

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:16 PM

TT, whats he like, ive never seen him play?

• toonfan1

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:18 PM

hes crap. 71 games just 17 goals. s*it bag

• Spyro

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:19 PM

mediocre striker, not going to improve our squad unless he comes for smith

• SwedeEric

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Tom_Toon… It´s much talk about russian players… But a pleyer in the Croatian team I have been realy impresed with is leftback Pranjic (spelling?)

Zhirkov has got lods of praise since Russia cruched my beloved Sweden, but think Pranjic is a bit better from what I have seen.

Probly we are not even intrested anyway, but how is his situation? Price? Wouldn´t you guys think he would be a great adition to our squad? Tom Toon?

Watch the game soon and you will se what I´m talking about, hopfully 🙂

• Tom_Toon

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:27 PM

No where near as good as Zhirkov. Both natural LMs but can play LB, he’d be cheaper than Zhirkov but he aint anywhere near as good IMO.

Nowhere near as much cutting edge.

• Dev

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:39 PM

To be honest he’s not crap at all but he isn’t much of an improvement on Alan Smith really. Not prolific in any sense but that doesn’t mean he is crap.

The lad is quick, strong and likes to have a few long-shots but in my opinion his ambition to join the Toon is just another long-shot.

I think he would be a half decent squad player but with Smith and Viduka also fighting for a start next season I’m not sure it would be a great move given that he will need a settling in period.

I can see why KK might like him, he’s very much an unpredictable but skillfull player and when he signed Asprila back in the good days the Columbian rogue was also an unknown and also far from prolific. But I still don’t see this twisting KK’s arm. Especially at 8m quid.

It would seem more logical to target a Viduka type player to join Owen and Martins which is why I think Gomis is the more serious target but there is also whispers that Bayern Munich pair Miroslav Klose and Marc van Bommel are pushing for a move to England.

Klose, a former target of Glenn Roeder, would be a fantastic signing but it would mean Mike Ashley would have to ease up on the penny-pinching, that much is certain.

We will see in time but I’m confident that should players come in they will all be as good or better than what we have already and as good as Diane is on his day, his chances of playing alongside Owen and Martins must be very slim.

• Marat18

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:41 PM

PSG reject, complaining too much, 17 goals in 70 games = no, thank you.

i personally don’t like players who are blaming their managers, supporters, ball, weather, pitch etc.
    he better should train harder and waiting for his chance rather than going out to the press.

• Ashton

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Derdiyok is younger stronger and much better than Diane we should really make an offer for him i think he said that his dream is playing with owen so we have a good chance of getting him

• Daniel Petersen

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM

I’m excited about this. I follow PSG and think he will be a good foreword for us. The reason his scoring record is so poor is that Le Guen either uses him as a sub or subs him off for luyindula at the start of the second half. I believe he also led the team in goals (he might be tied with Pauletta at 14 in all competitions) and assists this season. Good on the ball and fairly quick.

• Chris F

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM

haven’t we bought enough crap from PSG over the years?

• micepie

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I can never remember even one occasion though when a player tries to initiate a move to a club by expressing his desire to join them and then that move taking place. Unless there’s already been interest from the club!

• arsh

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:21 PM

tottaly agree with you ashton. derdiyok is a good young prospect and have a great chance of getting him since is dream is to play with owen…

• Tom_Toon

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM

GSfan, how much is Mehmet Topal valued at.

Hes playing great for Turkey so far, i knew he was one of the best talents in Turkey but i hadent seen too much of him.

Rather have Topal than Arda because we need a DM more than a winger.

Edit: Almost scored a screamer 🙂

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Hmm yea, he’s one of our fine youngsters. Don’t know the exact value but it couldn’t have fluctuated much seeing as he just had his first season with us.

Edit: Wish Sabri would shake off the tension and play his real game. I don’t like him but I know he’s better than that.

• robertsa

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM

i dont really care how good he is. I just want to see some action in the transfer market or i wont be renewing my season ticket

• Spyro

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:30 PM

who do people think will win this game?

• Tom_Toon

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Turkey i recon.

• Spyro

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:32 PM

same

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Hamit is money.

And the commentator’s got the nail on the head. Freakin Southgate thinking Tuncay’s a forward for heaven’s sake… Gotta play him in his real position, I’m lovin how he’s playing till now.

Oh and Rustu’s all rusty… He better improve!

Btw trade Sabri for Alan Smith, kk?

• Spyro

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:32 PM

croatia to me just dont have that cutting edge up front without eduardo

• Leo

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:32 PM

PSG used to be my second team along while ago but they just changed all of a sudden, and i stoped enjoying watching them.

his record stands for itself… well when i say stand i mean staggaring like a man who just had themselves 8 shots of stroh

• Dan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM

turkey hopefully!
    Any news on the Arda saga?????

• Tom_Toon

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM

What is Tuncay’s best position? Just behind the strikers floating around?

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Ye Tom_Toon, exactly that. He was also described as being a ‘dynamo’, just running around all over the place in midfield and closing his opponents down when he played for Fenerbahce.

M’boro bought him cuz they lost Viduka tho, and they thought he would be his replacement… they should have at least done some research upon him before the purchase. I remember they even admitted they bought Tuncay cuz he was good in FM, just after the signing.

• Geordie Gerrard7

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:40 PM

hate to say it but modric is world class

• Dan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:43 PM

why is it that i always get ignored on this blog :(:(:(:(

• Geordie Gerrard7

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:43 PM

hi dan

• toon4lyf

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:44 PM

is emre still injured or wat?

• Dan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Thanks 😀
    Whats your thoughts on Arda and his well being??

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Meh Croatia’s better than us so far I gotta admit. Wish we had Servet, Aurelio, Emre Gungor and Volkan at least, don’t care much about the other injuries.

I hope we can crop up something, Semih just might be the key to break up that Croatian defense. But who to take out? 😐

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Nothing new on Arda rly =/ Like I keep saying, just need to wait for the end of the Euros for solid statements.

• Spyro

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:48 PM

this is by far modrics best 45minute performance, could have been ours (sigh)

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Meh Emre’s trying to dodge that military service imo so he can delay it another year ;p 21 days is nothing, go onnnnn… he might even lose some weight.

Edit: Gawd our defense is RUBBISH.

Double edit: If we do get through, looks like we won’t have enough players to field against Germany 😀

• GSfan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:55 PM

LOL, Rustu meant to do that! He just wanted to make the match more exciting that’s all. He had everything under control…

Sorry lads, I don’t see us winning this. Wish we could let you guys watch a nice quarter finals match.

• Spyro

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:57 PM

turkey cannot defend

• Dan

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM

GSfan, whereabouts in turkey you from
    I’ve been a few times to marmaris, altinkum, bodrum and icmela
    Beautiful country!
    May i also that in a strange way i’m very happy arda will miss next game if they get through as he won’t impress:)
    Sick I know, but i REALLY REALLY want him to come to us!

1 2 3 6