Allardyce Better Boss Because of Newcastle Experience

Sam Allardyce was pipped for the Blackburn Rover’s job by Paul Ince last week, so Sam is still looking for a job for next season.

sam-allardyce-7586.jpg

Sam Allardyce – better manager now after Newcastle experience

Yesterday, Allardyce started to pump up his resume and availability, as he told Sky Sports News he is ready to get back into management:

“We had a particularly bad year for dismissals last year and even if you’re sat in my position I think it’s quite outrageous what happened.”

“I would have thought that everyone thinks the same – 11 managers changing hands in the Premier League during one season, for the first time ever, shows the pressure on us all.”

“But it’s one where we have to deal with it and come back and next time it comes round look forward to it.”

“I’ve had a great six months and I come back now as Sam Allardyce and a better manager than I have been before.”

“I never foresaw the situation as it materialised at Newcastle but, from my point of view and from the public’s point of view, you can’t hold me responsible for that.”

“My past record speaks for itself and hopefully that will be enough for someone to take Sam Allardyce on in the near future.”

It’s surprising that Sam says he didn’t see the sack coming last January, because the results which were not good from October on.

But Sam was never short of self confidence, and he obviously thinks he’s a good football manager.

And it was a chance that Mike Ashley took, to Sack Sam half way through the season, but it eventually has paid off for the club, with Kevin Keegan righting the ship, during the last 10 games or so of the season.

But Sam was well paid for his six months of work on Tyneside, and it seems the club did their best to make the break as cordial as possible.

But Sam is itching to get back into the fray, and we’ll just have to see if he can get a decent job with a Premier league club for next season.

We bear no malice against Sam, he did his very best, and worked hard, but it was the type of football he played, as much as anything else, that got him fired.

And over time, you find you benefit more from the bad experiences you have in life, more than you benefit from the good experiences, though it doesn’t feel like that at the time, that’s for sure.

But Sam did bring in some good players for us like Beye, Faye, Enrique, Viduka and Geremi, who were all in Kevin Keegan’s first team, at the end of last season.

Whoops, I missed out Joey Barton.

• AZ

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Sign on the doll you fat mess

• Graeme

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM

I hope he finds a good club and does well there. As long as he takes a certain Mr Smith with him though!!!!!

• The Entertainers

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM

He was just the wrong style of manager at Newcastle.

He never played attractive football (no matter what you insist Sam).

Here at Newcastle most fans and me included would rather see flowing football, than winning the odd cup in a defensive manner.

Our time will come

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM

sod off sam you horrible man!

you never hear fergie or bobby robson bigging themselves up like this plonker does!

i hope he gets a job in the premier league so our keegan team can take his defensive team to the cleaners.

the way he sets his team up will struggle big time with keegans team.

he couldnt even deal with derby county. twice.

• Nev

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:09 AM

i still think he shouldnt have been sacked … i still perssonaly feel that looking into past and appointing keegan is a bad mistake … it will backfire on us over the course of the season .. but thats my opinion and will remain forever the optimist about newcastle lol

• Marat18

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:10 AM

previously I thought his ego is as big, as the man himself. I was wrong, it’s MUCH MUCH bigger.

Mourinho is just a modest kid in comparison to Sam.

• NUFCAl

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:10 AM

I bear malice against the fat tosser, he’s a joke who can’t even get players’ positions right. I was praying he would get the Blackburn job so I could laugh at them, but I’ll just have to settle for a good guffaw at the world-famous First Black English Premier League Manager.

Allardyce was a moron, he may have bought Enrique but he killed the lad’s confidence by not ever giving him a chance. The key for a defence is stability and consistency of selection, but he had different centre backs every week and persisted in putting a lazy left winger who can’t be arsed to (or just can’t) defend at left back. Keegan did so well because he stuck with the same back 4 and guess what, we stopped leaking goals.

I hate Allardyce, he did well at small time Bolton but didn’t know what to do when he took the reins at a bigger club, he was extremely naive to think that his prozone percentage dross was going to suffice somewhere like Newcastle.

He had his chance, he f*cked up, he’s doomed to manage nothing clubs forever.

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:12 AM

nev.

if we stuck with sam we would of been relegated!

your entitled to your opinion buddy but f*&k me you must not have went to any games when he was in charge.

simply horrible..

people werent shouting “you dont know what your doing” for no reason

• 51times

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM

He didn’t attack, so he was never going to last long.

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM

bluetooth headsets and his fat face skipping down the touch line at stoke are the two things that will haunt me forever about his time in charge

• Nev

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM

tbh i didnt go to any matches under samA , so i cant argue that it wasnt boring football as i was never there

the one thing im concerned about is that KK has never been a consistent predictable manager … theres always sumthing going on or flareing up … and i dont know if that is what newcastle need now … when we looking for stability under MA

• Ericles

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:16 AM

I cannot think of a good thing to say about Wham Bam Thank You Mam Sam. His recent behaviour and opinions show him up for an over-inflated shite-hawk. Would not piss on him if he was on fire.

• yet_another_indian_toon

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM

The huge pic of Fat Sam make me sick & angry and want to punch that face that appears on my screen!!!

Please post smaller pics of characters we love to hate in future, else I fear I will end up with my fist inside a monitor…

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM

51 times.. he didnt attack or defend!

he was defender himself. as was nigel “insider” pearson, but we couldnt defend for toffee.

under keegan, (a centre forward) we looked solid at the back.

keegan is a breath of fresh air compared to this chunkster

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM

yet_another_indian_toon!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha… i nearly fell off my chair!

i agree with you. the big picture of fat sam is putting my screen at risk

• WADDLE

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM

He will never get the oppurtunity to manage a big team. They wouldnt take the risk on him. I hope he eventually gets banged up for all the bungs him and his son have been taking!

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM

nev.

if you went to the games you would be singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the toon army.

as you didnt your not really well placed to comment.

as for keegan being a quitter etc,, that is simply a myth.

• DMAG

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM

why does he constantly call himself a sucessfull manager?
    Typical manager with an over achieving team. Once he goes to a club with epectations other than mediocrity he’s incapable!

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM

succesfull manager. that has never won anything.

nothing but a chunkster!

• walker

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM

why cant the fat c**t just say me instead of calling himself sam allardyce when he talks about his favourite subject…him. he gets me well narked ..

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM

cacapa, rozenahl, alan smith, joey barton.

says it all really..

bloody cacapa was top goal scorer out of all of them put together..

Alan smith,, a striker! my arse

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:36 AM

jabba the hut look alike

• CRAIGG

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Keegan never quit Newcastle he was asked to leave unless he could give the club a long term commitment, He refused as he thought his methods werent motivating the same group of players.

Keegan never quit Fulham, Mohammed Al Fayed released him from his contract so he could take over the England job.
    (Also trying to win favour with the home office!)

Keegan did quit England for the good of the national team, But never took a pay off the way Taylor, Hoddle, Erikksson, McClaren did and Cappello will soon.

Keegan never quit Man City he was asked to leave unless he could give the club a long term commitment, He refused as he felt dissilussioned with the clubs lack of ambition and the sport in general.

Broon ale is spot on about the football Allardyce got us playing made watching paint drying riveting.

Did anyone see Fat Sams expert analysis about Spain V Sweden a week or two back, praising the stylish football the spanish played and the organisation of the swedes with every player playing in the right position, Funny how they were the two reasons he was sacked by us!

• Davies

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM

I agree that he had to go. I honestly think we’d have been playing in the Championship next season if we hadn’t.

Playing footballers out of position and using frankly ridiculous formations that made no sense given the players available were just a small part of the damage done to the club.

I admit Keegan had every excuse for the second half of last season in terms of performance; if the players didn’t pick up form, blame it on Allerdyce, if they do, Kev’s a legend. Win win situation for him really, but I do think he’s the one that turned a demoralized and dispondent side into a team that could take Spurs to the cleaners.

I remain sceptical about Keegan’s second appointment for many reasons, but I love the man, so he will have my backing as a Toon supporter.

Good luck to any team that sign BSA. I think he should head back to Championship sides that he can bring up to EPL mid table. THat’s what he did at Bolton, but the way he goes on, you’d think that he placed them in the top four every year.

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM

yip, craigg, i listened to the shite he was sprouting on itv.

he even suggested russia should try and contain holland and try and frustrate them.

russia done quite the opposite and attacked the dutch and more or less had them all over.

i think he has been found out and i dont beleive he pulled out the running for the blackburn job.

i think blackburn seen him for what he is.

• CRAIGG

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:49 AM

The weirdest thing about his “Containing” tactics i found, Was that i watched Bolton under him beat Liverpool a few times, Man Utd at Old trafford, Arsenal on loads of occasions and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

strange how with better players he went more negative.

• faustino

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Faustino thinks that Sam allardyce may have confidence issues due to the way he inisists on talking about himself in the third person. Faustino is never wrong about these things.

• mozza

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM

agree walker talking about yourself in the third person is totally unacceptable, he’s cut from the same cloth as souness dull dour cowardly football where you’re frightened to attack in case you concede and both said the fans expectaions were to high, well sorry yes your both right 52000 passionate fans should expect nothing and put up with insipid spineless displays, wish he’d went to blackburn

• Duncan

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Well fat man. You are the only person in the whole of North East that didn’t see it coming with your poor tactics, poor selection and bizzar substituation. Nor responsible? Yeah right, and Hitler was only browsing in Poland!

• Nick Dryden

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Rhetorical question. He’s so arrogant and stubborn, nothing will change or enlighten him for the better. He deudedly think he’s great. Bet the top 4 would love him as manager – not !!! Thanks Freddy shepherd – another great move. If ever a man single handledly drove a club in to the ground it was shepherd. You could systematically round up a line of people who have robbed NUFC blind, starting with Fred, Souness, Allardyce, Duff, Luque, Smith, Barton et al. The list is endless.

• CRAIGG

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Im delighted that Blackburn appointed Paul Ince instead of him, As its about time proper young talented English managers who preach good attractive football get the nod over Arrogant bastards like him who get their teams to win at all costs.

People like Allardyce give English football a bad name foreigners just see us as long ball merchants who have no flair, We need more guys like KK and Ince who want their clubs to play the right way.

• faustino

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:04 PM

The question still remains, who let the t*at in as f*ck*n pundit for the Chelsea game!

• Martin

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:06 PM

I hate him, actually fully despise him!!!

I still can’t understand why people (himself included) say that he is a proven top class manager.

How?

Steve McClown is far more successful – in his 5 years at Boro (shorter period of time than BS) he not only got them into Europe (the only thing Sam EVER achieved), he took them to the final. He also won silverware with Boro (beating the fat ugly moron in the final)!

I honestly cannot put into words how much I despise him. If he ever came back to St James’ I gladly loose my voice booing him for 90 minutes!

• broon ale

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:06 PM

i think richard hairy hands keys let him in!

• Leo

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:14 PM

FAT CNUT

i will leave what i think of him to that or i also will put my comp monitor at risk

• geordiegraham

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM

thank you MA for sackin this fat tub of lard!

• stk

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:50 PM

yes, similar feeling to the guy who wants to destroy his screen because of that awful sight of his fat head.

my god this guy is delude “not my fault”, yes it was, simply because you went to places like reading with NUFC, looking for a draw, and lost. was that your fault? we should be crushing those teams, not trying to stop them playing.

i really really really dont know why anyone, media pundit, toon fan, human being, would defend this bafoon. he’s so incompetent it makes me sick

ed – not normally disgusted, but seriously, no more articles on this twillet, he’s old, bad, shameful news

• Seymour Butts

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:00 PM

I will never forget Christmas Eve last year, sitting in the pouring rain watching Fat Sam and his crap trying to “contain” the mighty Wigan Athletic. Viduka up front on his own struggling to get back on side after a goalkick, Smith hacking down anything that moved and one shot on target the entire match. What a load of shi*.

And one of the worst things was, none of the so called “experts” knew why he was sacked and instead blamed it on MA and the fans when everyone in the North East could see what was going on.

• Jesus of Nazareth

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Taking about himself in the 3rd person – the egotistical prick.

• Seymour Butts

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Oh yeah and we lost one – nil. My local sunday league team could have put in a better performance.