Dabo Calls Barton A Coward – Criticizes Newcastle

Ousmane Dabo last night called Joey Barton a coward and also said that Newcastle didn’t seem to care about the law.

ousmane-dabo.jpg

Ousame Dabo yesterday in Manchester

The former Manchester City midfielder Dabo was left with terrible facial injuries after Barton had struck him from behind and continued to punch him, even though the Frenchman was unconscious, during the incident at the club’s training ground on May 1st last year.

This week Barton was handed a four-month suspended jail term after pleading guilty to the attack at Manchester Crown Court.

Ousmane Dabo talked to the Daily Mail last night:

“It was a terrible day but now I am happy with the outcome” “I almost lost an eye,” “Barton admits he attacked me, struck me from behind and beat me when I was unconscious.”

“He admits he behaved in a cowardly way, and he is a coward.”  “We met one another on Monday. He was in one corner and me in another.”

“He did not talk to me or apologize. But it did not trouble me to see him again.”  “This is not the first time he has had trouble with the law. ‘He attacked some people in Liverpool recently.”

“English clubs teach you lots of lessons, but in this case they truly lack ethics and morals.”  “Newcastle have invested a lot in this guy, and they do not want to lose a lot of money.”

“The club does not care a damn about the law – and it shocks me.”  “Thankfully there was no confrontation at the court. Barton pleaded guilty straight away and I did not need to give evidence.”

“That says a lot about me – it shows that my version of the truth is the truth. I am happy with the outcome.”

“I am happy at Lazio, and I do not think I am cut out for the Premier League.”  “At Manchester City I injured my knee, I got a three-match ban soon after I arrived, and I got attacked.”

“Then to finish things off I ended up with Sven Goran Eriksson as my manager – and he never played me for a single minute.”

ousmae-dabo.jpg

Dabo after Barton’s attack

Not much should be happening with this case until Barton gets out of jail, and it will be interesting to see what Newcastle will do.

But it was a great relief earlier today for some positive news with Kevin Keegan and the club making what looks to be a very good signing of 24 year-old Argentinian International, Jonas Gutierrez.

Although no transfer fee was disclosed the transfer fee is said to be around £9M, and that’s a lot of money.

Hopefully, this deal should help dispel the rumors that we haven’t got a lot of money to spend this summer, if we spend £9M on one player, and we know there’s a lot more to come to the club.

Comments always welcome.

• HATE PRAWN SANDWICHES

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Not interested!!! Had enough of barton!!!

• Hammy

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:11 PM

To be fair Barton was at Man City when Dabo got chinned…

• 51times

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Joey’s gonna get ya

• toon4life

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:14 PM

dabo is such an idiot criticising us..
    he deserves another beating, shame he didnt lose an eye.

• 51times

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:16 PM

toon4life – I like your style.

• Faustino

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Does anyone know what Dabo did to ‘provoke’ the noob?

I’m not saying that he had to have done somehting particualry bad but Im sure not even Barton wouldnt have done this for nothing?

• Greg B

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Whats with the sellatape on Dabo’s eye? Absolutley bizarre….

• Beattie

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:21 PM

“YOU’RE A COWARD”

shouts the frenchman…

from abroad…

• Ryan

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:27 PM

I think Dabo has some kinds of problems and maybe has provoke Barton so he hits him. What for we just sack and pay for the wage? Is he ignorant or what@@

• Faustino

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Says the man with the quite clear physical advantage 😉

• MarK

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM

lol beattie

• dingo

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Greg B…. its to stop his eye falling out and him “nearly loosing it” again. Wor Dabo’s lost his plenka doon the lonnen trap!!!

:[]

• ObaFan2

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Why believe the highest quote Ed of £9 million when sums of £4 million and above been mentioned, it’s even been said that he bought his own contact out and we paid even less for him…?

As for Dabo….. enough said.

• beye the great

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

y is dabo critsizing us now we signed him last year n he said nothing n ifv he thinks were gonna sack him after a year of payin 6m he is ludacous
    would you buy a house for that price then sell ita year l8er although barton should have at least apologized

• macitect

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Geee, I wonder why he was attacked in the first place, with remarks like these!? What a bloody self righteous cry-baby.

I am soooo sick of all the Barton hating, it’s like there’s a huge number of people here who have never made mistakes or don’t have to deal with bad habits on a regular basis…

Everything gets blown so out of proportion. We NUFC fans, of all people, should know not to let ourselves be so easily swayed by the media. All this crap about 20 punches on the other kid – I watched the cctv video – he punched him FOUR times. The way they say he continued to hit Dabo when he was already unconscious… would Barton have known that in that moment? With all the adrenaline, probably not. And the “attack from behind”… for all any of us know Dabo could have taken a cheap shot and quickly turned his back to Barton’s retaliation.

Does Barton have problems – by all accounts yeah, but is he a complete waste because of that? FU©K NO! Leave him alone and let the club do what they see fit. It takes 2 (or more) to tango, Dabo must have done something, and he lost (badly). End of story.

Drop it Ed. I love your blog, but you have it in for Barton and that’s clear. You’ve reveled in this $hit for long enough now…

• ronaldeano

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Dabo is right in what he said about Barton, but to bad mouth NUFC is pathetic.

Dabo, you got chinned off a scrawny little scouse git, get over it you pussy! 🙂

• Hadji

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Barton is just a punk who either attacks from behind or someone weaker than him.
    He’s a complete disgrace to the club’s reputation,along with the fans who said that Dabo or anyone in this world should have lost an eye.

• ende

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

He should say that to Joey’s face.

• Nick Dryden

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:41 PM

toon4life
    what an utter moron you are. Who needs you?
    That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    You obviously are not a civilised human being.
    Barton is a coward, liar, thug and an utter disgrace who has bought nothing but shame and misery to our club. With comments like yours, actually wanting someone to lose an eye an get another beating, you put yourself in the same bracket as Barton.

• Wezside

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Barton seemed pretty cool and composed in the court – seems he’s got the hang of this whole law suit lark…

• 51times

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Hadji – Dry your eyes, pet.

• PopB

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM

seriously, french women are tougher than french men. i’m not trying to defend joey but this guy is a little b!tch. i wonder if he wants cheese with that whine. i wish i new the truth of what happened but i’m starting to see why he got hit.

• Truth&Justice

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM

It was in the Daily Mail, therefore there’s a good chance that Dabo said nothing, or something else entirely, about NUFC.

• ende

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Nick, c’mon mate let’s lay off the personal attacks.

• Gallowgate31

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Dabo you are WRONG !

Joey is in no way a coward………..

He is a brainless, ill-educated, spoilt, scouse embarrassment of a man, selfish f$$$ing w$nker who thinks he is someone special.

Looking at that video of him he is a complete ar$ehole and that is an insult to all ar$eholes around the world. He is a brainless thug of a tw@t.

There is no place for him in the human race never mind football. I am soooooo gutted he plays for us, I used to think Dyer, Bellamy were trouble……..

P.S excuse the language,but he is the sort of man you meet every now and then and your missus persuades you that he is simply not worth it. One day he will come up agaisnt some bigger and dafter !

Heres hoping……

• Toony

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Only a guess but I think after all the Barton publicity “todays ?”signing came at a very convenient time hmmm!

Maybe we have already signed a few players and the club dont wish to tell anybody yet.

Unvailing Gutierez balances bad publicity with good. As I mentioned on the Jonny Evans page… I was at the NUFC box office this morning and was told to look out for 2 or 3 major announcements this week….lo and behold when I got home Gutierez had signed.

Maybe nothing maybe something not sure yet but still chuffed that we seem to have done business the right way and aquired a canny player in Gutierez (not that Ive ever heard of him mind!!!!)

Oh ! and I still think Joey Barton shot JFK as he was riding Shergar on the grassy knowle…………

• Gallowgate31

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM

By the way the word tw@t was not meant to be a link………… doesn’t lead anywhere , if i had the knowledge tho it would have took you to a giant picture of the accused , one Mr J.Barton.

• Hadji

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM

My eyes are fine pet,too bad your brain is dry.

• mark

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM

barton is total scum, he makes Bowyer look like a balamory presenter! he hit the guy in liverpool when his back was turned. hes obviously got a serious anger prob. players with his record should be sacked & banned from playing at the highest level again.. or learn boxing..

• Toony

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Wezside ….they say practice makes perfect!

• Punk Skunk

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Let me get this right…dabo runs to the cops & barton’s a coward?..& some how NUFC are cowards?..If he had any pills he’d have got fixed, then kicked bartons ass all the way to…somewhere a long way away!..I doubt if he ‘nearly lost an eye’…Looks like a shiner to me!..Not condoning what barton did…Little guy gets the jump on big guy, big guy regains senses, then flattens little guy?..

• 51times

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:57 PM

My brain is dry? I…what?

Also, please get over yourselves everyone. He smacked Dabo and some little Scouse charv about, so what? Support your team and players ffs.

• Seymour Butts

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Hadji is 100 per cent correct toon4lyf comments lyk that are completely out of order and have no place on a football message board. 51 times – grow up, if it was your bairn hed beaten up outside mcdonalds or punched u in the eye at training you wouldnt be sayin “dry your eyes pet” like a little girl on an internet messageboard. as for barton i personally would sack him especially in the light of todays signing but if kev thinks he deserves another chance then ill give him my full support as i will to anyone who wears the newcastle shirt.

• Gallowgate31

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:59 PM

OR tw@t could be the new creative genius we need ?, just wait for the sun, mail, star etc…….

‘EXCLUSIVE’
    NUFC SIGN tw@t………..

Heheheheheheheheheheheheh

• Punk Skunk

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM

LOL @ Gallowgate31… 😀

• Nick C

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Hear Hear, Seymour…

• mr x

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:05 PM

dabo is a whinging twat – just admit you got chinned you soft puff.

ooh i nearly lost an eye – whatever you big pile of soft crap.

• Obafan

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:07 PM

I’ve had enough of this story. Get rid of Barton! He has put the club in lots of difficult situations recently.

• Lull

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:09 PM

lol…nice one Gallowgate31.

Chill out guys.forget about barton & dabo. we’ve just sign ‘el galgo’! 🙂

• Gallowgate31

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Dabo……

Excuse me orricifer I seem to have this cigar in my eye !

There was a young Gent speaking in tongues at me , think you had better investigate quick sharp !

the other version was aaaaaaaaaaaaalright tttttthere llllllliikkkkkkkkkeeeee u loooookkking at me llllllllliiike , calm down calm down

Wallop…….. the mans an idiot , does he not realise how much he can get sued for these days?

” have you suffered an injury that was not your fault ? “