Ousmane Dabo last night called Joey Barton a coward and also said that Newcastle didn’t seem to care about the law.
Ousame Dabo yesterday in Manchester
The former Manchester City midfielder Dabo was left with terrible facial injuries after Barton had struck him from behind and continued to punch him, even though the Frenchman was unconscious, during the incident at the club’s training ground on May 1st last year.
This week Barton was handed a four-month suspended jail term after pleading guilty to the attack at Manchester Crown Court.
Ousmane Dabo talked to the Daily Mail last night:
“It was a terrible day but now I am happy with the outcome” “I almost lost an eye,” “Barton admits he attacked me, struck me from behind and beat me when I was unconscious.”
“He admits he behaved in a cowardly way, and he is a coward.”Â “We met one another on Monday. He was in one corner and me in another.”
“He did not talk to me or apologize. But it did not trouble me to see him again.”Â “This is not the first time he has had trouble with the law. ‘He attacked some people in Liverpool recently.”
“English clubs teach you lots of lessons, but in this case they truly lack ethics and morals.”Â “Newcastle have invested a lot in this guy, and they do not want to lose a lot of money.”
“The club does not care a damn about the law – and it shocks me.”Â “Thankfully there was no confrontation at the court. Barton pleaded guilty straight away and I did not need to give evidence.”
“That says a lot about me – it shows that my version of the truth is the truth. I am happy with the outcome.”
“I am happy at Lazio, and I do not think I am cut out for the Premier League.”Â “At Manchester City I injured my knee, I got a three-match ban soon after I arrived, and I got attacked.”
“Then to finish things off I ended up with Sven Goran Eriksson as my manager – and he never played me for a single minute.”
Â Dabo after Barton’s attack
Not much should be happening with this case until Barton gets out of jail, and it will be interesting to see what Newcastle will do.
But it was a great relief earlier today for some positive news with Kevin Keegan and the club making what looks to be a very good signing of 24 year-old Argentinian International, Jonas Gutierrez.
Although no transfer fee was disclosed the transfer fee is said to be around Â£9M, and that’s a lot of money.
Hopefully, this deal should help dispel the rumors that we haven’t got a lot of money to spend this summer, if we spend Â£9M on one player, and we know there’s a lot more to come to the club.
Comments always welcome.