N’Zogbia’s Attitude Points To Newcastle Stay

Good news reported by Alan Oliver in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle today, as he reports that Kevin Keegan seems convinced Charles N’Zogbia wants to stay at St James’ Park.

charles-nzogbia-132.jpg

Charles N’Zogbia – we hope he stays put at Newcastle

Kevin thinks that Charles so much wants to stay at Newcastle that he hasn’t even talked to the gifted 22-year-old Frenchman about his future.

N’Zogbia’s previous agent Willie McKay (who is also Joey Barton’s current agent) had said the French Under-21 International had wanted to head to London, where apparently some of his family live, and even said he wanted to join Spurs during the January transfer window

Charles went back to France early this summer and was said to have indicated he may not see his future on Tyneside.

But Kevin Keegan has gone on record and said he dosen’t want to lose any of the players he currently has, and is clearly looking to increase his squad with at least four new first team signings in the next 6 weeks.

Kevin talked to the Evening Chronicle today:

“Charles’s pre-season has been absolutely tremendous.”

“That’s a massive boost for me because I did not know quite how he would come back. But he has returned absolutely spot on.”

“He has worked very hard, and he’s a very valuable player, because he can play in two or three different positions.”

“I haven’t talked with him. I don’t ask players if they want to stay. They’ve got contracts. His attitude tells me ‘yes’, but I don’t ask them.”

N’Zogbia looked to be in good shape on Saturday, as he played the full 90 minutes in Saturday’s 4-1 victory at Hartlepool United in the first of the pre-season friendlies.

A game and a win we may add that has lifted the spirits of Newcastle supporters all around the world.

Charles began the game on the left wing, and then dropped back to left-back to replace Jose Enrique after half time.

Charles has already shown he can operate well at left back, and still score goals from that position, but we would expect Kevin to play him in a more forward position.

But there were no complaints from the young Frenchman when he started the second half at left back. He’s a boy who wants to play, and you cannot blame him for that.

In fact James Milner, Damien Duff and Charles were all out of the first team at the end of last season, and all three have come back with the attitude we would have hoped for – determined to make the starting lineup.

N’Zogbia was one of our very best buys when the great Bobby Robson brought him from Le Havre in 2004, and then announced he expected him to fight immediately for a first team place.

Looks like he still has a good career ahead of him, and hopefully that will be at Newcastle, and Kevin Keegan has shown he knows just how to handle the youngster.

• LoonyToon

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:21 PM

good….bout time he let his considerably good feet do the talking instead of his daft mush…like him as a player…needs to get his head down and prove he is as good as he thinks he is

• Faustino

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:24 PM

That’s sooooo not Alex Freguson’s technique 😉

Good news…hopefully.

• ObaFan2

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Zog can play well at left back @ times, he did very well there at the start of last season but you can tell he’s happier on the wing. Duff I seemed to remember has played LB in the past aswell when needed but again much better on the wing.
    With their experience at defence they’d be better at helping and covering our LB when neccesary.

If Zog is playing well and not whining I’d certainly want him to stay but if he’s “twisting” I’d want him sold.

• laurent32

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM

hopefully we’l see charlie in cm or lm only next season. those are his 2 best positions and playing him at lb was one of the reasons he was wanting to leave. personally i’d like to see him in cm in a 4-4-2 formation which is his best position.

• John

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Brillant that he’s showing the right attitude, but a bit worrying that no talks have taken place…

wait and see what happens..I have a feeling that if a big enough or any offer from London came in you might see a different attitude from him..IMO of course

• micepie

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:38 PM

If we can find the best way to play Zog in the middle, could he even turn out to be the creative mf we need?

• Davies

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:41 PM

It would appear that Messrs Duff and N’Zogbia have staked their claim on the left side of the field. Good news if Zog wants to get his head down and play the football we all know he’s capable of playing. You never know, if Duff is as rejuvinated as Saturday’s performance suggests, Zog could be playing just inside him and that would a very difficult side of the team to stop going forward or get past.

Dunno what we’ll do on the right. Milner and Gutierrez will have to slug it out for that. Suppose it depends very much on who we’re up against.

I’m far happier with some of our existing midfielders than I was this time last week. I suppose we’ll get a proper look when we play the four matches after Doncaster. Two of them are on Setanta I think.

Looking forward to having a look at Gutierrez on the ball!!!

• Liam

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:41 PM

well its good news, when did he change his agent i couldnt read much of the black writing because i got a cricket ball to the face and found it hard reading much haha. so i put my effort into reading the quotes

• Robz

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Anyone know about the starting lineup? and who was on the bench?

• ANON

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:52 PM

UNTIL HE GETS DROPPED AND THEN HE SPITS OUT HIS DUMMY AND CRIES ” I WANT MY MUMMY”!!!

GET RID FOR ME!!!!!

100% COMMITMENT IS THE ONLY PRE REQUISITE AND THIS LAD HASNT GOT IT!!!!

• Davey G

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Hope he has got rid of the biggest S*** stirrer in football as his agent, then we may see a better attitude from Zoggy!!!

Why we deal with Dirty Willie in the first place is way beyond me!!

• Spyro

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:13 PM

who is his agent?

• Waddles mullet

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Not too sure if he has dumped Fat willie. But hope so as he is a disgrace to wear underpants and a two faced jock. The players he has on his books very rarely stay with the same club for more than 1 and a half seasons.
    Hate the bloke!
    ahem

• micepie

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:16 PM

A friend, my brother and myself have predicted the Prem table before the start of every season for the past 3 years – on a basis of you get 3 points if you guess the exact position of the club, 1 if within two places of the actual finish. Just a tenner from each “losing” person to the winner. We’ve done okay, with one or two woefully incorrect guesses.
    I normally wait until I know which team has signed who first, but went for it anyway for 2008/2009. Could be wildly off but for mild interest’s sake this is it: Probably too safe a guess though/too close to last season? If anyone else posts their prediction, oi – no Spurs fans nay Mackems! If Toon mysteriously appear in the bottom 7 or 8 of someone’s table we know that the blonde transvestite Agnetha from Waterloo posted it:

p.s – how come the font on the blog site has suddenly come out really tiny?!!! On this computer anyway!

Man Utd
    Blackburn
    Bolton
    Hull
    Wigan

• Stamford Toon

Jul 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Seems to me that KK has changed his atitude saying he doesn’t talk to players. When Rosenhal said he didn’t like playing in the wrong position he got the boot. When Nzogbia ralks about London he is ignored. I thought he was supposed t be the great communicator!!

• nathan j

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Look at this tripe from the sun today:

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has made a bid of £5million plus Charles N’Zobia for Celtic winger Aiden McGeady.