Tim Krul – I Love Newcastle United

One of the top youngsters we currently have at the club, 20 year-old Dutch Under-21 International Tim Krul, has come out today and said he doesn’t want to leave Newcastle United, and in fact he just loves the club.

tim-krul.jpg

Tim Krul – wants to stay at the club

When any player comes out and says he wants to stay at the Tyneside club, and is willing to turn down good offers to stay, that’s music to Newcastle fans’ ears – since they love to have players committed to the Newcastle cause, just like they are.

Tim Krul today suggested he was ready to snub the advances of Chelsea and Herenveen, not to mention Feyenoord, by committing his long-term future to Newcastle United.

It seems like Chelsea are willing to pay  £2m for the youngster, and they would then loan him out to one of the interested Dutch clubs Feyenoord or Heerenveen.

But that would make so sense from a Newcastle viewpoint, who could simply keep the player and loan him out to one of the Dutch clubs, the one he would get most playing time at.

But just like we’ve learned not to trust reports in the papers, Krul has completely rubbished quotes attributed to him over the weekend,  claiming that a permanent move to Feyenoord was on the cards.

Tim told the Chronicle today:

“This is my club and I want to stay. You never know what can happen.”“Things can change in one day or in three years’ time.”

“All I know is I love Newcastle United and I love England.”

“There’s been a lot of speculation and a lot of stories – one of them saying I had already gone! But it’s just talk.”

“My future is simple – to prove myself, get fit and then see what happens.”

Tim had injured his shoulder last February, which ended his very successful loan season with Falkirk, in the SPL, but Tim says the injury is now just fine:

“The shoulder is fine now. I have been training for two weeks and it has been a good pre-season.”

“It’s good to be back at the club.”

“We have a lot of games coming up, so hopefully I will get a couple of run-outs soon.”

Tim was outstanding last season and made 22 appearances for Falkirk in the SPL, and there’s little doubt that a loan deal with Feyenoord in his native Netherlands would help improve him as a player, as long as he gets first team games.

Tim added:

“Going out on loan makes you a better player.”  “It doesn’t matter where you go.”

“First-team football is good and it was great in the Scottish Premier League. For me to get my first loan deal with Falkirk was very good.”

“I just hope to get a chance and prove myself to the new manager.”

“I want to show Kevin Keegan what I can do, but it’s still early in the season.”

“We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.”

“We’re going to Spain for the pre-season tour and I hope to get a chance.”

“I still have great memories of making my debut in Palermo – and I want more.”

We knew Tim had a great attitude and is already a first class professional, and it’s almost certain the lad will end up as a top goalkeeper, so why sell him now?

And that attitude will certainly get some attention from Kevin Keegan, who will be delighted with Tim’s comments, because he looks for players to be dedicated to the club, just like the fans and Kevin himself are.

And of course Tim’s comments will give our club’s image a lift, particularly with other players who may be looking to join the club – we hope so anyway.

Tim Krul has gone way up in our opinion, although it was pretty high to begin with.

• Ericles

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:11 PM

There is your answer. He has answered the unfounded press speculation at home and abroad. Well said Tim and am pleased you want NUFC – great, because we certainly want you to stay.

• HeronMag

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Get in! I was gutted when the rumours went round that he was leaving. He looks like he’s going to be an excellent keeper and Holland’s no 1 in the non-too-distant future.

• Tom4Nufc

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Brilliant news 🙂

• Seabert

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Well said!!! Hope he can improve, and be our first choice goal keeper in the future 🙂

• Liam

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:14 PM

proud of ya tim glad you want to stay because we can all see your ability

• Ross

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:18 PM

great to hear that he wants to stay.
    i still remember his debut, some of the saves he made that night were brilliant, i sat wondering where we’d found him and how he managed to pull off what he did, awesome talent, delighted he has the right attitude

• Tom

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM

YEAH, GO TIMMY KRULL!! MY FAV PLAYA AND THAT

• ******

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Just following on from my Bentley exclusive yesterday i hear that the story is definatly correct. We are hoping to sign Warnock and Bentley for around 15 mill. Bentley came back from preseaon last night to wrap things up.

And you heard it here first!!

• Micky Toon

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Best news all week. This guy has the potential to be a legendary ‘keeper.

• GEORDIE69

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Agree with all of the above could be a legend!

• Ally

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I like it, great words young man

• Dondatta13

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Absolutely buzzing with this news … Indeed TK (max) has a wise head on young shoulders

• 51times

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM

His debut in Palermo was amazing really. Not only because his goalkeeping was top notch, but also because Luque actually scored.

• Dave

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Atchoo!

Sorry ****** , I’m just allergic to bullshit.

• Robert

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

bentley to Newcastle,how do you know?

• themanupstairs

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hi guys.

I work for one of the daily rags and have been keeping an eye on this blog for a couple of days.

It is my understanding that keegan is close to signing a couple of young midfielders one of whom plays in spain the other in the bundesliga.
    You would be surprised at the amount of people high up in clubs who read sights such as this, so i wont mention any names .

Thats all the info i have on newcastle at the moment, but i just wanted to put a few of your minds at rest as it seemed some of you were starting to turn on MA. He does have your best interests at heart.

In other news , Villa is coming to the prem. I wont say with who but lets just say it is a bit of a surprise.

Good luck for the season and keep the faith.

• Angryman the Angry Fan

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM

This IMO is the only piece of good news to come out of the club in the last week or so.

I see that KK is now trying to tell us fans that he probably doesnt need a Creative player…..Milner and Guttierez can play as creative players. 2 wingers FFS!! These are not specialist CM Playmakers. You know the thing we were crying out for last season!!If we only sign one more player, get an established quality playmaker, who can make things work.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is ‘not’ keegans thoughts, but that of the Fat Greedy Board, and the man is trying to justify the lack of activity in the transfer market.

This is exactly what it looks like to me, and I hate saying it, but I have said this all along.

My thoughts on this are Mike Ashley and his wonderful board, will listen to offers for Milner. If they flog him, they will buy a Playmaker, if they dont they will use him as a Playmaker!!

It stinks, this whole transfer window has been shambolic! Aimar, Turan, Arshevin, Modric all should have been in our price range…the fat man wont part with the steam unless he is getting a bargain!!

Guttierez cost coppers, I am reckoning 2m at the most otherwise why would Mallorca be whinging for 8m??

Guthrie 2m max!! This is not the dream i had when MA took over!!

This club cannot be run on a budget, at bargain basement prices……well yes it can I suppose, but where will it get us as a team, F***in nowhere!!

However, the rich will get fatter & Richer and the poor thinner and poorer. The team will remain mid table mediocrity!!!

PROVE ME WRONG ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ToonKing

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM

good lad.

• agnetha

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

There he is.(******) Back again little fella or should i call you pinocchio?

I can guarntee that bentley will be at spurs by friday. If not i shall never post on here again.

• *******

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

This is the real *******

The Bentley thing has gone dead, with my spuds mate saying that Liverpool have potentially turned his head!!!

Bugger

• MAG PIE

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

If you read his comments carefully it seems less certain that he will stay. It sounds to me like he wants to be more involved in the first team set-up. Who can blame him – he’d be number 2 keeper at most Prem Lge clubs, if not 1st choice. I think we should keep him and promote him to number 2 keeper. If this means Shay to Arsenal then it’s sad, but in the best long term interests of the club. Harper has to stay because of the loyalty he has shown the Toon over the years. Plus if Harper chosen over Shay this year, Shay will probably seek a move. Then, if we’ve let Krul go, we would start to look a little short in the keeping department. Lastly, the money from Shay – £5m plus? can be re-invested in an area of the park needed more.

• Tom_Toon

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

agnetha/fernando, nobody cares about you, the deluded spud and your team, do you not think it is time to leave?

• Dave

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM

****** .

You talk so much shite.

How could it have gone from “he’s signing on friday” to “he’s signing for Liverpool” in the space of 10 minutes.

Moron.

• Gateshead Mag.

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I love Newcastle United too!

• domtoon

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Language! it’s 14:09 :o)

• Gateshead Mag.

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM

ANGRYFAN:

Your the type of fan that ruin this football club. Back your team. The season is still 4 weeks away, give it f*cking time man!

We will sign players, everyone at the football club knows that. Do you really think Keegan would be aloud to come out and say we need 4 quality signings if he wasn’t aloud 4 quality players? I don’t think so. The guys at the football club know what they need more than us! Support your team and the guys in it instead of slating them off.

Guthrie is a good player and your forgetting he’s only 21! He can only get better.

We WILL sign players.

Mike Ashley isn’t here for a profit. He wants the best for Newcastle United.

Who else has been signing players? No one really. August is always the busiest time for signings, Watch the Turans and so on roll in man!

BACK YOUR TEAM LIKE A TRUE GEORDIE DOES AND FFS STOP THINKING YOU KNOW MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE, THE LOT OF YOU! THE CLUB KNOWS WHAT’S NEEDED, SO BACK WHAT EVER THEY DO, THATS WHAT TRUE SUPPORTERS DO!

We just worry about getting the tickets and thinking of new songs to sing at Gallowgate! 😀

HOWAY THE LADS!

• Marguerite

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Well there’s a relief then, well done Tim, so glad you want to stay with us.

• domtoon

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM

And MagPie I think he’ll probably keep being loaned out until his time at the Toon comes, or we sell him for more money.

This kid’s a great asset who will only get better. Ed is right in saying there’s no point selling him to one of the other clubs when they will do the same. It’s a win-win situation for Timmy Krul as wherever he goes, he will get the action he needs to improve. The bonus here is he has stood up and said I LOVE THE TOON AND WANT TO STAY – something some of our other youngsters (**ahem** N’Zogbia **ahem**) could take a lesson from. Good lad!

If we sell him now, we lose out on his increase in price in a few years time when he really does crave top flight first team football.

All in all this is good news.

• agnetha

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:19 PM

******** so your info was your spuds mate and not someone high up like you claimed. Liar,liar, pants on fire.

• harrier

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:20 PM

hmmmm nufc.co.uk says that the Sun believes we are in the hunt for Torosidis – even tho the sun has no such article. Weird.

• tron

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM

ed – who is we? why are you so patronising?

• spudgun

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM

The lad will be a legend for us – glad he wants to stay.

• Tom4Nufc

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:24 PM

tron, please leave out the criticism,

Ed has already been over this before… its not remotely patronising, so please don’t critisise this brilliant site 🙂

• Tom_Toon

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:25 PM

There was an article in the sun about it, i read it.

• Tom4Nufc

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:26 PM

If its true, i bet you are delighted Tom_Toon 🙂

• Tom_Toon

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Yep, but its The Sun.

• Davies

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Tron, P*ISS OFF.

Love Krul. Glad he wants to stay.

I see him and Forster as the new Shay and “Harps” in years to come.

• Tom4Nufc

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Yer, I suppose, but ‘if’ we where after him what price would he be 3-4m? I know his Euro campain was’nt his strongest.

• Tom_Toon