Jonas Already Taken A Liking To His New Manager

Jonas Gutierrez is getting the headlines today as he says he’s already taken a liking to his new Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan.

kevin-keegan-909.jpg

Kevin Keegan – Gutierrez already taken a liking to his new boss

Jonas was speaking exclusively to nufcTV, and the midfielder told of his respect and liking for Keegan, after just a couple of weeks:

“I like Kevin so much already,” “He talks like he is one of the players but also has the respect.”

“That’s good for me because I am new here and I want to settle quickly.”

“I heard what Kevin has said about me already and I want to repay him and the fans.”

Gutierrez’s nickname was Spider-Man, because he put on the hero’s webbed mask during his goal celebrations for Real Mallorca.

But it turns out that due to new FIFA guidelines – obviously related to wearing Spiderman masks -  the Newcastle United faithful will not be able to see his flamboyant goal celebration. Boy, that’s a pity.

Jonas continued:

“The rules have changed, so I can’t use it any more,”

“I met a child and his father at the cinema and went to watch Spiderman.”

“I told them that if I scored in the next game I would use the mask to celebrate.”

It seems a pity that we cannot see his goal celebration – at least once – aren’t FIFA getting to be spoilsports?  😀

• gorskino10

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:22 PM

typical PC arn’t we its stupid i heard in a school down south they have stoped putting cheese on potatoes as its dangerous lol.

• Whitters

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Ahhhh we need to see it!

• The Entertainers

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Well hes in good company, as we all Kev too!

They do say great minds think alike

• goochy23

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:43 PM

lukin a gud signing already!!

i dont mind the wait i trust in keegan, hes not just gona bring sumone in for the sake of it, like former managers (souness) they have to be rite for newcastle. hes shown that with the signings so far

am sure hes just tying up a few more signatures as we speak?

• Ross

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Jonas, take the hit, pay the fine, and get that black and white mask on the moment you stick the ball in the net for the toon.
    imagine the noise when he first puts the ball in the net, and then with everyone knowing its against regulation, he pulls the mask out, sticks it on and bolts down the wing. SJP would go mental! haha

• Toon Al

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:59 PM

he should get one of those under armour shirts made up like a spiderman suit n give it a bit or ravanelli when he scores haha

• Gooderz

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:59 PM

It’s all PC and health and safety gone mad. Essentially the government assumes we’re all idiots and are not fit to think for ourselves.

For instance there was a clown who was prohibited from blowing bubbles at children’s parties and the children might slip on the soap film resulting in a grazed knee or two. And we all know how much serious injuries like that hindered our development.

Soon it’s going to be a case of scoring a goal and then walking straight back up the field to restart the game, every stadium will have the live sucked out of it and then FIFA could find they have far less work to then do as fan numbers dwindle. Then again that might be their plan, especially for the English game.

At least we’ll still get to see Jonas spin some webs for a while.

• staffsmag

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Apparently FIFA say the don’t want to offend any spiders that may be watching!!! lol – I guess they will all be under the empty red seats at the SOS anyway !!!!

• Allman20

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I trust that the board will bring in the goods before the end of the transfer window, although its been slow here of late, you can say the same all around the country. Teams and their boards are seemingly looking to spend their money more wisely now and the toon’s new policy of bring in fresh new talent, seems very valid to me! Expect to see two new faces brought in before the end, one being a player than no one will expect of us to get!

• toonoot

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hang on a sec. He must store the mask down his pants. If he threw the mask into the crowd after a celebration, some fan might put it onto their own face and catch crotchaphobia or summick!

• Leo

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM

maybe if he scores in a frendly he could sneek it onto the pitch???

i hope that if he is banned from doing this tevez isnt allowed to get his dummy out

• WesToon

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM

HAHAHA C’mon Spidey,u have to do the mask at least once my son!!! KK is gonna make this kid a legend

• Leo

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:56 PM

crotchrophobia… that sounds like someone has a phobia of crotchs, it could be that they catch crotch rot though haha

• Bill F SPLASH THE CASH ASH

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:18 PM

He isn’t exactly a prolific scorer more of an assist player so the point may be a little moot. The problem with him defying the ban is that he would probably get yellow carded which could be a problem if he scored early in a game.

I do agree with the comments on the thought police and the stupid PC rules that are creeping (galloping) into our society. As someone who works in the complementary healing field I despair at the insistence that the environment has to be scrupulously clean for kids today. I believe in the old adage that every kid should have a spoonfull of dirt daily (not literally). By everything being too clean they are not allowing their immune systems to become tolerant to the hazards of the environment and are consequentally becoming more surceptible to them. (hope that makes sense)

• AndyT

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Don understand why its not allowed. Its no worse than pulling your shirt up over your face!

I think its a moot point though. He only did the spiderman thing once as a one off celebration and he’s not a prolific goalscorer anyway. At Mallorca his nickname was not spiderman, it was the greyhound because of his speed.

• Matthew Tom

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I bet he does it just once, and takes the booking for it. It’s not like players have stopped taking their shirts off or running off the pitch when they score.

But once will be fine for me – no point getting loads of yellow cards just to make a point.

• Egar

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Spidey’s no assistant player. He’s the real deal. So welcome to the neighbourhood, Jonas. You can stuff the mask for all I care. Just bang in the goals. 🙂

• Bill F SPLASH THE CASH ASH

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM

When I said he is more of an assist player I meant it in the sense that he will create more than he scores, it wasn’t a criticism.