Colloccini – I Love The Premier League

Seems like the Newcastle target, Fabricio Coloccini, who is still not signed by the Tyneside club,  is eager to make his mark in the Premier League.

fabricio-coloccini-66.jpg

Fabricio Coloccini – keen to make mark in Premier League

The Deportivo La Coruna defender is hoping to move to Newcastle United soon, and we hope the deal can be signed within a couple of days. Why it’s taking this long we have no idea.

Kevin Keegan is keen to strengthen his rearguard before the season starts, and Coloccini will fit the bill at center-back, although we still need to bring in an experienced left back this month too.

And the Argentine international thinks he will have little trouble in settling into the hectic pace and physical nature of the game in England.

Fabricio told The People today:

“I don’t fear the Premier League.”

“I love it and I watch it a lot. I will be a big hit.”

“I am confident a move will go through.”

We like to hear confidence from our new signing, although he hasn’t signed yet come to think of it – well with the next day or two hopefully.

• Teddy

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:18 PM

i normally look for some one to play cb who looks mean who will scare strikers, this guy has a perm.

• Danish_Magpie

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I really hope we conclude this signing soon… to make sure we don’t lose him in the 11th hour.

No more Woodgate’s and Modric’s please!

• Danish_Magpie

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Don’t be fooled, Teddy. Coloccini is mean. A few strikers will come away with bruises from playing against him

• Toon1978

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Why dont NUFC just get the bloody deal signed and seasled. Is Ashley deliberatley waiting for someone to hijack the deal, i wonder.

• Karl - Fenham Hustler

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Teddy – The perm will scare the strikers alot more.. Except the fruitier of them like torres, but he might get caught up chatting about shampoo’s

• Ross G

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Have u all noticed Ashleys best mate is at Spurs and they seem to sign our players late on,you reckon that Ashley is using NUFC as he really loves spurs. Even though he sid he hates them??? Plus i will give 5 british notes to whoever can skin Colo’s head. He will be bullied by opposition fans next year, and I worry for his confidence.

• arctoa

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:28 PM

The mop’s a distraction, they think he’s not all that then before they know it they’re eating grass. Apparently he’s a bit of a metal-head, too, which in my books is a bonus. Not sure if he’s worth all that we’re shelling out for him but there’s no doubting he’s a good player and an improvement on what we presently have. Assuming, of course, that we get him signed. :\

• John B

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Collocini is one of the most dirty players I’ve seen play. Typical cynical Argie.

Dont mind that if he is doing it for the toon, but he will have to cut out cynical fouls on the edge of area. (Gets away with it in Spain all the time..)

• Nev

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:29 PM

his medical is arranged for tomorow so thats why it isnt confirmed yet

• Mikey24

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:29 PM

He’s had the urine excreted out of him loads of times I’m sure a few rowdy English fans wont make a dent! Great player, just hope we bloody get our asses into gear and get him signed!!!

• Ross G

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Another note, Reading are on the look out for a target man replacement for the departed Kitson. Just a thought but anyone for Ameobi and a couple mill for Shorey? Or not so good a deal but a swap for Paul Robinson at WBA?

• normski1930z

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:30 PM

i dont care if his hair is green with yellow spots aslong as he does the biz on the field…

• Spyro

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:33 PM

How can you people doubt this guy, he is class, one of the few CB’s who are both technical and no nonsense. Great defender and if we get him it will be a steal as he is definitely good enough for a top four team

I just hope we dont ruin him by pairing him with a dope

• Ashton

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Teddy

you fool bramble is ugly and lookes mean but he is shit

• llll

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:35 PM

does anyone know if tom_toon is still alive? aint seen him in few days on this :L

• John B

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:37 PM

I’m not doubting him Spyro, I think he is an improvement on what we got for sure. But he is very dirty as well, and gives away the kind of fouls you get booked for over here. He is very good but he will have to adapt his game I reckon..

• Ashton

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:44 PM

On the other hand Mexes looks like a girl but he is brute ! he is one of the best CB’s in the world

• Spyro

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:44 PM

fair enough John B, i just hope this deal goes through as we definitely need a technical defender to go alongside Faye who is our no nonsense defender

• Irish_toon

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:48 PM

any1 think Coloccini looks like the lead singer in the pidgion detectives in the pic above

• faustino

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:48 PM

The kids from Cordoba and has played at the Boca AND the San Siro in his time. I think he might just hande the pressure of the prem; perm or no perm.

If I was him I’d get used to hearing “I wandered lonely as a cloud”.

• FaroeMagpie

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Get him signed A.S.A.P! over and out

• faustino

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM

John B – You’ve confused me mate. as far as I know there is no more physical a league than the Premier league. Surely if what you say is true he’s likely to have an easier time of things in England than in Spain?

• savio

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM

i think this guy is class.i think the reason why this deal is not over yet is because MA is seriuosly thinking of seling the club to Anil Ambhani.and i personally think it will be good for nufc because this anil is a guy with al ot of money.he can buy world class players and then take us to europe

• hitman

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM

have we signed colloccini

• Teddy

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:51 PM

lol, well if hes mean then im all for him.

im sure if hes a great his song will include his perm and the fact he looks a bit like sideshow bob from the simpsons.

• Andy

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM

he will be huge for the club.. now lets get skjeldbred!

• Shearer#1

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Offer Ameobi+Caccapa for Shorey or Geremi+Smith for Warnock.

• Spyro

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM

im with you Andy, would like to see Skjelbred come here, i want another creative cm

• John B

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Faustino – Your right, the physical stuff should be no probs he is a tough defender. It is the ‘if i can’t get the ball i will get something’ foul that Colloccini does a lot of, thats what I meant by having to adapt

In Spain you just get a foul but that kind of cynical fouling will get him a lot of bookings over here. Our refs don’t mind physical but will book deliberate fouls alot more.

• toon 24/7

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:24 PM

i just wish the deal was completed, im hoping no one will try and nick him from us on the 11th hour,the deals taking ages to go through,other teams no hes avalible now,im just keeping my fingers crossed

• 1892

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I think we have signed him tbh.

We’ve agreed a fee with Depor (they haven’t came out and said another club has agreed a fee)

He’s booked up for a medical tomorrow.

He wants to come here (wants to play in the premiership)…

• Miloflembo

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Whatever happens, we need a perm song!

Shame Beye stole(has) happy days ;P

• Bucks_mag

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Irish Toon- yes i agree 🙂

• micepie

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:16 PM

This is off this topic, but as I type now Sky Sports News are going on about that latest bid to buy the Toon – the mega rich Indian business thang. The bloke reporting is saying how excited fans would be. But even if it happened, I personally don’t want us to go down anything like a Chelsea route. I know our club will always have a rich character and history, and won’t ever feel like a Chelsea ‘plastic club’. But in terms of building for the future, I want our youngsters to come through in two or three years time (or less), for us to build humbly and constructively for the future and not just try to buy the world’s best players. Chelsea and possibly teams like Man City are not the way I’d like us to be. I’d rather we built ourselves up slowly to success. Also, if more asnd more rich foreign owners buy Prem clubs, only a small handful can be at the very top – they can’t all try to buy success in an ugly financial war with each other!

Anyway, it’s probably just rumours again. I don’t mind if we’re HALF-way between what we’re trying to do now and a Chelsea-like approach, just not altogether losing sight of the evolotion over revolution approach…

• Toon Raghav

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Come on whoso ever it is plzz buy da club,free us from MA.

• Alex

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Didn’t his agent say a couple of days ago that the club and player had already agreed the terms of a contract . That was before the 2 clubs agreed a fee , i reckon its only the medical that needs to be sorted then the deal can be signed.
    Also there must be a number from the musical HAIR that we could sing . The perm is truly awesome , he only needs to colour it with black & white stripes and all opposing strikers will shit themselves.

• WIGAZ

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Comon Colo! cant w8 to see him volley Roon in the air first game of season! ha ha! that would make a mark eh!

• micepie

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I mentioned before that a feiend-of-a-friend gave up supporting West Ham some while ago to follow Orient instead and he’s now an avid Orient fan. Not that I could personally ever do that and I can’t even get my head around having a second team (e.g – I couldn’t really get interested in the Valencia team when I lived near there). But, even so, there is something admirable in not having that “must win, must be bigger, better and more glamourous than other teams” menatlity, and getting back to grass roots football.
    I hate that must win mentality, must have the best players mindset that many Prem fans have. I just love supporting Newcastle and like our current, slow, tradition-of-old attempts to build the club up over a longer period of time. Many Toon fans won’t agree. They want rich foreign owners now, have us bidding for the cream of the top players nad muscling into the big 4. That way they can hold their own with and even gloat over other Prem team fans.

I must admit that Arsenal are the most likeable of the top 4 and arguably have the most integrity even despite that they have too many French players so I don’t want to tar them with the same brush.

Though it would be exciting to suddenly have mega money to spend on players, I would also be sad if it happened at SJP right now. I don’t want to see some of the most impatient Toon fans given what they want if MA is making a genuine attempt to build a side slowly and for the future, with intelligent, creative young signings and careful spending. I want to see the result of gradual planning, not have us bought out and go the way many other teams are unfortunately going.

If we get bought again by some business and consortium, and they pick up the threads of an evolutionary approach then great – even if they inject a decent amount of funds without going too far. But if they just sacked managers (like Man Cuty did with Sven) out of impatience and throw loads of money at top players, no thanks.

• faustino

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Micepie – I have a feeling that Ashley isn’t looking to sell the whole club but looking for investment from high population areas such as India and China and big spenders such as Dubai and the richer Middle Eastern families. Very much in the sameway the top 4 do in a commercial sense, especially Man U who make a fortune out of publicity tours.

As much as you can knock the guy for maybe not splashing the cash you can’t knock him for business nous. It’s common sense to f ollow the big markets and I think maybe these stories are spweing up as a result of witnessing various meetings and then sensationalising the possibilities.

That or he’s selling 😉

• Paul

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:57 PM

that dude shud b in the lion king….cant wait to c him put ronaldo in a&e in the man u game lol
    b good seein him unveiled 2mo 😀
    but….surly..liek someone said erlier…that perm needs ta av black n white stripes 😉