There’s certainly a loud silence coming out of St. James’ Park this week, with hardly anything announced so far by the club.
Kevin Keegan – nothing has happened this week – so far
This comes in a week of anticipation after Kevin Keegan had said he expected three arrivals before our first league game at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Here’s where we stand on various pieces of transfer talk:
- Still no official word on Fabricio Coloccini’s signing, so we don’t know what the hold-up is with this transfer.
- Also news yesterday that Newcastle had agreed a deal with Juventus for former Chelsea midfielder and Portuguese star midfielder Tiago, for an initial one year loan deal.
But it looks like the player may not be too certain about playing in England again, and Spain is said to be his preferred destination.
Everton are also now said to be interested in the player and they can at least offer Tiago European competition next season.
- News this morning that Ameobi may be on his way to Ipswich Town, and while the player hoped to remain in the Premier League, he may be more than willing to move to East Anglia, so at least heâ€™ll get some games, which will not happen on Tyneside.
- News on Stephen Warnock seems to be hotting up, but recent reports that he has asked Blackburn Rovers for a transfer this week may not be true.
- And news that we don’t particularly want to hear is that Aston Villa may be after James Milner again with Â£9M said to be their latest bid. We don’t expect Keegan to be too interested in letting James go, but owner Mike Ashley may be more willing to accept that fee for the 22 year-old.