Xisco Got Glowing Report Of Newcastle From Coloccini

Newcastle United new 22 year-old striker has revealed that his former team-mate at Deportivo La Coruna team-mate Fabricio Coloccini told him all about Newcastle and Tyneside, before he joined yesterday, on a £5.5M deal.

Xisco – glowing report from Coloccini on Newcastle United

It seems that Fabricio gave him a glowing report of things on Tyneside as Xisco told nufc.co.uk yesterday:

“I spoke with Colo and he told me all about the club and the city,”

“He said it was a great place and that it would make him very happy if I joined him at Newcastle.”

“Of course I know Colo and also Jose Enrique from Spain under-21,” “There are also other Spanish speakers and that will be a big help to begin with.”

“But I want to work on my English and learn the language within the first few months.” “That is important because I will be able to get to know all of my team-mates and also settle in the area.”

That’s good to hear from Xisco – and from Fabricio.

But both players may find they have a new manager shortly as the news doesn’t look good about Kevin, there are too many legitimate news agencies now reporting he’s been sacked.

• Taiwantoon

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:43 PM

It’s a shame he has came in at this moment of time. But I am sure every fan wants him to do well and be a success here!

• Ex-pat MAG

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:48 PM

If KK has been sacked as is being reported, does anyone else subscribe to the conspiracy theory that MA:

a. Knew he was getting rid and therefore didn’t allow any money to be spent by Keegan.
    b. Waited until the end of the transfer window to sack him to avoid the inevitable transfer requests from the players.
    c. Used KK as bait for the players he did get in.

I have to say I am devastated, I really had hoped we had turned a corner when MA arrived and eventually brought in KK

• Pg

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:50 PM

hope MA is in the stand at the next game

• Graham

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:50 PM

This blog post is pointless in the current climate

• JonnyToon

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:51 PM

What a great start for the guy lolll

I guess either way it’ll be a new manager to him though.

• Davies

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Hope this kid is good. Not supporting conspiracy theories at the moment. I think I’ll wait for an official announcement.

Enjoy your afternoon of whinging and unnecessary anger.

• kingkev

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:55 PM

no longer a fan til ashleys out. shocking if keegans gone

• gorskino10

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM

cool name lets hope for goals 😀

• Angryman the Angry Fan

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM

To all you lot who think CASHLEY is running the club professionally!!

Today has been very professional!!!!

CASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anil Ambani, you would have the backing of the geordie nation if you bought the New Greedy Fat Bastard out!!

• evildick

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM

somehow i doubt MA will be in the crowd next game…

• Frankie Wilde

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM

What is happening with Keegan ? has he left, has he been sacked?

• Optimist

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:57 PM

what Graham said.

• kenny g

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:57 PM

agreed Davies.

and welcome to the NUFC pantomime Xisco

• dave v

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:57 PM

I want to buy a camel, anyone know were I can buy one?

• Frankie Wilde

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:00 PM

What is happening with Keegan? Has he left, has he been sacked. There will be uproar if this happens

• DC Magpie

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Ok so it looks like Wise will be our next manager…

…who knows what his management style is like? What sort of team did he play with at Leeds? formation etc?

Cheers

• DC Magpie

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM

eh?

• barmy

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Theres a few donkeys on here dave… will those do?

• neeraj

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM

dave v you can get the camel at man c head quaters

welcome to newcastle, hope he is good

• ToonTex

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Owen is gone this summer for nothing. Keegan is gone already. Milner gone. Tranfer requests lining up I bet. Dominoes are falling. Looking pretty effing dark right now. What a difference from the last bit of sunshine from Keegan huh? “irons in the fire” “happy” about the Milner sale … Then a 26 year old loanie and a striker no one has heard of and the manager out the door. Hurts my brain no end.

Bastards.

• hitman

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM

its all kickin off at the too,i might pop up,anyone else going

• gorskino10

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM

yeah it is you cant get passed the KK situation all i have to say is what do the PLAYERS feel now this will kill moral for ALL NEW players if it aint a guy who oozes carisma like Shearer then were buggered

• azza jones

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Ed what are you hell are you posting this shit for We need to be thinking about Keegan…..

Im gutted and a tear is welling in my eyes…..

F*ck if this is true then this might be the end of the rollercoaster, my heart cant take this shit anymore….

• sirjasontoon

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:07 PM

I posted this link hrs ago…glad to know I am on the Ball Ed (harrison)

Still shocked..if he has been sacked I am even more shocked…WHAT A SHOCKER ! : (

• Scottynine

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Feel the same way azza jones don’t know if my heart can take anymore.

Full state of depression is starting to kickin now.

• azza jones

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:09 PM

People think the days when allardyce was in charge were bad with the fans singing you dont know what your doing…..

Just wait till wise steps out on the pitch….

Riots for sure….

• seetow

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM

let’s try and make a statement.

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33293802111 a facebook group i did to tell everyone we love kevin keegan and ask him to stay

• Toon Chicken

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Wonder what the pair of them think about it now?

Las Shamblas

• clinta

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I doubt MA has sacked KK very much!! If KK has truely gone as we are now suppose to believe it would of been his decision and not that of the clubs.

MA and the board would be fools to sack the man that, let’s face it, all of the fans see as NUFC, and whos side we’d all be on before the owners.

Think of the reaction by fans if this is the case……………? KK sacked? there’d be burning cardboard cutouts outside the ground for weeks to come!

• Roby

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM

i wont support Newcastle…this is very hard for me,and offcourse for you guys..

• RobB

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Glad I went to bed at 11.00 last night – could see no action. Glad I went to the garden centre this afternoon – could see no action….

Will await developments in due course…….. been here before.

Looking forward to seeing Xisco and Gonzales though – might have a canny team if they all stay fit. Glad I’m not Mark Hughes – wonder how long he’ll last!

Hate Dennis Wise.

• aaron d

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Never get a top name proven manager now, with the last 2 managers only given 6 months and 8 months, being Newcastle manager ruins your career. Only person i can see taking job is Dennis Wise.

• O'Hurley

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Man, this freakin’ sucks. I’m a yank and just became a Toon fan about six months ago. You can imagine how much I anticipated this season. I’ve already hung a framed picture of King Kev in my house!! I had dared to dream that nufc might have a top 6 finish. HAH! What brilliant, impeccable f*kkin’ timing:( Ya know, I gotta say- I LOVE football. I mean, words can’t really express my undying passion for this game. BUT- one thing I gotta give American football is that it’s managed a HELLUVA lot better than this shirade. You never know what’s gonna happen in the NFL over here. A team could have the shittiest season EVER and next season come back and win the Superbowl. Not so much in the UK apparently. I’m so tired of hearing about the stupid F*kkin’ “top 4” I could SHITE! Ahh, sorry about the rant, I’m just a little dissappointed that’s all.

Howay the lads.

• Black and White Blood

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Guy’s thanks this is brilliant, I was hoping to get 1000 signatures by the 15th of September to present this petition to the board of Newcastle United FC – However, we already have over 300 signatures…Please forward this link to all your friends and family..Thank you!

• t-g-w

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Really hope this boy does well. Could be a steal at that price but will just have to wait and see and give him a chance.

• chuck

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Kinda disgusted to-day.
    Feel like MA has pulled a con job on the Fans , KK, etc.
    Where are the promised reinforcements, never mind the WOW signing (hope it was`nt The Xisco Kid)
    Whats the story Mike?, would you like to explain why you lied to us and why you fired KK.
    And dont even think about making that rat Wise manager, unless you are totally dumb.
    You are gonna need some great PR if you are going to remain as owner of this club, yet you just keep compounding your f*** ups .
    I guess by this time you must be top of every fans s**t list.
    C`mon man, get your s**t to-gether!

• matty

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM

sack the board

• Stami

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM

this is NOT the start to the season we all expected!!! our inspiration, KK no longer at the helm!

• gorskino10

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM

No i think he has been sacked when the official statement comnes it will say Mutual Consent which would say to me hes been sacked but dont want the work sacked to be used (still trying to palm blame of the fans onto KK) all i need to say is you have seen what hes done in a short time hes got Jonas one of the best NUFC ever i have seen also Collo and Guthrie were good signing too, Is everyone with this, If KK is SACKED and IF Wise is manager we need a revolt 🙂 Wise couldnt manage a championship side let alone a premiership one 🙁