Xisco – Joining Newcastle Is A Dream For Me

Our new 22 year-old Spanish striker Xisco, has talked today about his move to Newcastle United, that was completed yesterday.

Xisco – delighted to join Newcastle

The 22-year-old has signed a five-year deal at St. James’ Park, and he joins an ever growing list of young stars at the club.

He was on Tyneside yesterday, but is now off to link up with the Spanish Under-21 squad for the weekend’s Euro Under-21 qualifier in Kazakhstan.

The young striker spoke to nufc.co.uk yesterday, as he said how excited he was at making the move to Newcastle United from Deportivo:

“It is a great feeling to be here and to have signed for Newcastle United,”

“I have waited for this opportunity for a long time in my life and I want to show the people of Newcastle what I can do – it is a dream for me.”

“I love the Premier League and I think I will be suited to English football because it is fast and physical.” “I am a quick player and I’m also strong, it is ideal for me.”

“Now I must go to play for Spain under-21s, but I am very much looking forward to returning and meeting all of my new team-mates.”

That’s an interesting number the youngster has – 19, and if he does well maybe we can drop the 1 at the front of it – but only if he does really well.   😀

The youngster was also impressed with the 52,000 seater St. James’ Park and said:

“It’s unbelievable,” “It’s the first time I have been to this stadium and I did not realize how big it was.“It is a beautiful stadium and I can only imagine what it will be like when it is full.”

“I have heard already about the supporters of Newcastle and about how passionate they are and I cannot wait to make my debut here in front of them.”

We have to think that this season will be the last for Mark Viduka on Tyneside, because he’s always out injured and on a huge wage bill at the club, and it seems that next summer Xisco will fit the bill as the tall striker.

We are delighted to have young Xisco at the club, and are looking forward to seeing the youngster play in that famous black and white shirt.

• ed_speed

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:18 AM

good lad.

i like his name aswell.

regarrds,
    ed

• ed_speed

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:21 AM

where has keegan gone?

• graeme

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Time will tell.

I hope he turns out to be the next Shearer ie the best striker in the Prem. Fingers crossed eh!!!

• James

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Ed Speed – He left the ground to go get some breakfast, but the media said he’s walked out of the toon for good.

🙂

• Edd Case

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Well, I was feeling torn apart last night.

Happy about Xisco – he is NOT another luque.
    He’s much younger, hungrier and a better player – over time, he’ll prove to be a great aquisition.
    Gonzalez can’t be poor but it remains to be seen where he’ll fit into the team. Sadly, if he plays really well, we’re almost certain to lose him at the end of the season.

Still, I was left feeling a bit gutted we didn’t get in two or three more face…

Mind you, this can be a very good thing. It shows we’re not signing crap for the sake of it anymore. I just hope our players stay injury-free because we’ll struggle if they don’t…

So we now have 9 1/2 good players???
    Still not a good starting 11….

• The Legend Of Jonas

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Let’s try and not smash this lads confidence to shreds if he doesn’t score 5 30 yard screamers in his first game for us..

• Kash

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Got a tx off my mate, and press conference expected this afternoon!

• ed_speed

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM

hi jame.

if that is the case then i am happy.

thanks for taking the time to inform me of this, much appreciated.

regards,
    ed.

p.s ‘mon the lads

• scoundreldays

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Bad news maybe.

nufc.com Niall and Biffa’s very reliable site claim Keegan may have indeed walked out on us.

They are trying to find out now what is going on…

Real worried

• ToonKing

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:30 AM

nufc.com reporting KK walked………holy **** ..

gotta love the Toon…..

• Toon Chicken

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Has anyone ever seen this lad play ? (3 min highlights video on youtube doesn’t count)

Just curious to know if he really is any good. A lot of people seem to be putting him straight in to there starting XI but for all we know he could be no better than Carrol, and he can’t even get in ahead of a half fit Ameobi. 🙁

• ed_speed

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM

toon chicken carrol was injured.

regards,
    ed

• Teddy

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:35 AM

high hopes for this lad,

and ed speed (liked the tasty nacho jk) maybe bring some laughs into the houses of parliment?

oh and mike ashley is a business man he has spent 2m and i would much rather have the squad we have now than b4 so yes well done.

coz he made his millions (billion) himself he doesnt like to spend it unlike oher owners who inherit it and jst splash out

• Jacob

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Its always good to hear a player wants to play for Newcastle.

I hope he is a good signing, i’m sure he will, when has Keegan ever let us down?

• GoesseN

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM

yep….

• GoesseN

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM

yep….

where has keegan actually gone?

• mitch

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM

I hope this lad does well I am glad all the talk is of city this morning more to prove I reckon. This crap coming out of the mail is gutter press at its best Keegan was was at st James probably meeting his new players. Well lets see how it goes first eh.
    I know we can look at that Arab and think wow but if you do not know what defeat feels like how can you enjoy the win that is what is happening at these clubs like Chelsea there fans look board and so does manure I think it is no coincidence that old trafford the bridge and emirates are the quietest grounds in the country maybe they and now city should break off and just play amongst themselves as without the lower teams there is no them come on FA lets put your foot down and bring back our football please not the bling throw money at it we have today. Also lets see how much this Arab loves it when after spending 600m he has to do it all again as unlike anything else all footballers do is age and devalue

• ed_speed

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM

‘mon the lads

keep the faith

regards,
    ed

• Taiwantoon

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM

What’s going on? KK walk out? Oh No!
    Plz make sure it is not true.

• James C

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Have it on good authority that a emergancy meeting with the board and keegan has just been called, and my mate who works at the mag says theres going to be a press conference this afternoon but its all very hush hush…

• mitch

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM

I BET KEEGAN HAS WENT TO BED TIRED

• ToonRich

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Welcome aboard the Rollercoaster which is life @ SJP.

I’m pleased to see another young talent come in, but as in many other thread we’re still lacking in depth i think.

Free agents anyone:
    Ljungberg
    Sorin
    Recoba
    Ronaldo (brazilian goofy!)
    We could give any of them a short deal to see us through 🙂

• BenjiToon

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM

@James C – what is the meeting about? Does your source or mate at The Mag know?

• ed_speed

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM

i don’t have a sauce ( apart from a bit of bbq, but this is nearly ran out, as i had a donner kabak yesterday, and absoulotly smothered it in bbbq sauce), but i will stay posative until something official is announced.

regards,
    ed

• The Legend Of Jonas

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:45 AM

At least there is a lot less pressure doing business this way. Could you imagine the circus that would’ve sprung out of no where if we had signed Robinho for over 30 mil?

The pressure is well and truly on Citeh and Spuds shoulders – And you can put Villa in that bracket, who up until and including Milner, had spent 48 million.. And erm who have they got in? That’s right – superstar Milner at 12 mil. LOL. If we bought Milner this year for 12 mil I would’ve been well sick..

• mitch

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:46 AM

this is sounding serious I will be devestated if Keegan goes really gutted

• MR STUCK CAPSLOCK

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:47 AM

I THINK THE WORLD OF KK BUT UNDER ASHLEY HE IS NOTHING BUT A PUPPET FOR FAT MIKE.

I DONT REALLY WANT HIM TO GO BUT IF HE DOES HE IS DOING US ALL A FAVOUR BY CONFIRMING THAT THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THE CLUB ARE ROTTEN.

• mitch

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:47 AM

what time the conference anyone know

• Andy1

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Sounds like a similar sort of player to Roque Santa Cruz – just hope he is as good.

• Kash

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM

@Jonas – You can put Everton in that bracket as well. £15m for some young Belgian kid, alot of money!!!!

• Keeeguuurn

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Mitch .. thats what I thought … I bet the guy is in knackered after the past week/weekend.
    He is probably having a break and composing his thoughts ready to answer the unhappy lot.

• The Legend Of Jonas

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:56 AM

@Kash – Aye, them too mate.. The pressure is well and truly off us to perform.

Also, apart from the top 4, can anyone tell me who has a better squad than us – And prove why?

And please don’t come back with Citeh got Robinho.. That is going to fall flat on its face imho…

• mitch

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Hope so KEEGUURN

• Raul

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:58 AM

you guys do realise that the papers read these comments and basically reword them into stories online yeh?

• fip

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:00 AM

nufc.com may be sudgestin teh kk walking but ssn setanta and other stations aint reporting nout

so for teh moment i am calm
    but if he goes i hope he states why becasue if he leave without been sacked he isnt sworn to secrecy lol

• ehssi

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:00 AM

does this lad talk English?

I will put him on my fantasy team now =)

• Ally

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:00 AM

• Kash

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:01 AM

@Raul – Whats your point?

• geist

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Keegan should stay, it should be MA selling up as I haven’t seen such a tight billionaire.

• Fergie

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:03 AM

ToonRich:

Is Sorin really a free agent? That would be a great signing in my opinion.