Owen Certain To Follow Keegan Out Of Newcastle

If indeed it is true that Kevin Keegan has resigned as manager tonight of Newcastle United, we will be seeing Newcastle captain Michael Owen leave the club, in the January transfer window.

Michael Owen – what is going on?

But since Michael’s contract is up next summer, we’ll not be able to get much at all for him, maybe perhaps £5M if we can get a couple of clubs bidding against each other,.

But we also wonder if the Newcastle Board has even thought through all of this, because it looks like Kevin resigned because he was being forced to accept players into the club he didn’t want.

It seems like the battle between Wise and Keegan as to who had the say for who came in and left, has been lost by the manager, and it’s seems to us amazing to ask a manager to accept players he doesn’t want.

How can he then be responsible for the playing side, if he cannot pick his own players?

This is all a little unbelievable to us right now, but we are anxiously waiting for some clarification from the club, but as yet nothing is on the official web-site.

• gorskino10

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:39 PM

I am annoyed now. PLEASE SOMEONE BUY US OUT REINPOINT KK and that person will be a HERO otherwise Ashley should sell up otherwise he WILL fill the force of the newcastle united fan, he better NOT be in the stands otherwise.

• Matty

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:41 PM

They will ALL leave, and rightly F’in so! What a complete and utter joke.

• D.C.

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Owen will sign on a Bosman, he’s smart and won’t let NUFC get any more money if he’s that outraged over KK’s departure. I’d expect Barton to be sacked as soon as he’s suspended now that KK’s “out of the way” and I wouldn’t blame anyone in the team for slapping in a transfer request in January. No one deserves to be yanked around like this.

• natedawg

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:43 PM

dont think i can really believe it and it isnt going to sink in for quite a long time, whenever something like this happens , which is all to often with nufc, i try and think well thats not great news but maybe we can find someone better and improve, but even if the top managers were available , there is not one decent manager who will even contemplate looking at our club, we will probably end up with wise just because no one will touch us, still hoping ashly will talk kk back but i dont think its going to happen

• ToonEskimo

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Bye guys……SJP will make a great shopping centre, it’s right next to the metro and there is plenty of parking…..

• HATE PRAWN SANDWICHES

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:43 PM

ASHLEY MUST GO! THINGS WILL JUST GET WORSE!!
    HOPE OWEN STOPS AND SHOWS THE FANS HIS SUPPORT!!!

ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUTASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUTASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUTASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUTASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT

• HATE PRAWN SANDWICHES

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM

ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUTASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT ASHLEY OUT

• knocky

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM

Owen was going to leave anyway. he has said nothing since being offered the new contract and the club had to listen to offers. we needed more bodies in and i think we must have tried but we were unable to attract the right calibre of player at the right price. the mistake was that we left it too long in the window and we should have relaxed our requirements and brought in numbers.

• Toon Chicken

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:46 PM

How have you jumped to this conclusion Ed?

Don’t tell me you have a ‘source’ inside SJP now.

Owen has been here before. He will stay so long as we appaoint a decent new manager. I say that young Spanish guy that Guilleme Balligae was talking about on SSN the other day – someone who can work with the new European style set up we have at the club.

• natedawg

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM

for once merson talks a lot of sense.
    anyone get the feeling that this isnt quite it?

• toonfan1

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM

• Ian

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Owen and Given I would think.

• hitman

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:49 PM

terrymac will be next to jump ship,TOONTANIC

• scottynine

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:51 PM

I am Sorry Guys
    I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !I F**King Hate you Mike Ashley Now F**K OFF !

• ToonIreland

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:51 PM

The big worry now is:

who in their right mind would want to come to a club that doesnt give the manager footbaling control of the club!!

oh, god can yo see the exodus ahead?!?

If we had kep bobby in charge when he was we might have had more dosh to buy players rather than buying out staff contracts!!!!!!!

• mag in boro

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Knocky…owen rarely gives interviews especially regarding speculation and if he was to stay kk was the man to sort it and if reports are true the club was ready to listen to offers for all of the playing staff not just owen

• capt. darlin

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM

ed, please get fat ashley and the cockneys dwarfs pictures off your home page before i smash my fu@&in computer………

• hadrian

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Owen and the majority of geordies aswell .
    loyal toon fans or not , any money into mikes pockets is just letting him think he can get away with this , boycott the games , the players will understand .

• steve

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM

who would want to come in and manage the toon under the current regime knowing that they basically have no control over the players who play, are bought or sold.

I bet Milners really happy he left to goto Villa now, would imagine Owen, Given and more than a few others will be looking to get outta there once Jan transfer window comes up and I’m sure Ashley, Llambias and Wise will be chuffed to bits at selling them

• Cloudstrife

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM

i’m so peeved. why?!!

• ToonIreland

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM

I feel sorry for given, what a loyal player having to put up with this circus every few months!!!

• ED

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Honestly, the best way i can see of getting our point across is by not turning up for the hull game, as 50,000 empty seats will even make cashley get into his stupid brain that he is ruining our club and should sell now.

SO disappointed at the moment, not with KK as he was in an awful situation, but with the greedy owner.

No gd manager is going to want to come, with the circus behind the scenes. Ashley OUT, Wise OUT, Jimanez OUT, Llambias OUT.

what a complete joke of a club these people are turning it into.

🙁

• mag in boro

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM

just seen this on sky sports message board thought i would share with all you

Stuart Cooper says…
    Great News, The Sooner Wise Gets in the better, hes proved to be a great manager at Millwall then Leeds, give the guy a chance !

Posted 19:15 4th September 2008

• toonited

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:58 PM

boycott

• mag in boro

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:58 PM

this was on sky sports message board

Stuart Cooper says…

Posted 19:15 4th September 2008

thought i would share

• Ross

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM

you’ve hit the nail on the head here Ed.
    i was about to post in the previous article saying that now KK has gone, i wouldnt be surprised to see 2 or 3 players leave along with him out of sheer disgust.
    i think owen will be one of these players. Its been rumoured that KK said all summer if owen goes so do i,
    well now i think we’ll see the shoe on the other foot sadly.
    we are in deep trouble this season. The saddest thing is, i genuinly dont even think Ashley has realised what he’s done here. i really dont think ashley is aware of the backlash and consequences that will come with pushing kev to walk away like this.
    our season is a write off, and we’re going to struggle greatly.

• toonited

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Stuart Cooper, are you on Crack?

• sean667

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM

i still cant believe what a circus this club has become and we thought fat fred was bad, sweet baby jesus what a shambles

• mag in boro

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM

even my pc is pi$$ed off not working properly

• dontoon

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM

I am devastated.

I hope Ashley dies!

Owen going with prob martins not far behind him cos they can get 13 mill for him I bet they are excited about that.
    I imagine a lot of players will be leaving. I cant see us getting any good manager. Some stupid manager prob lose a lot of games before Jan, in relegation.

Maybe there plan is to ruin the club so that they have to sell or demolish the stadium maybe into property, these guys dont care at all about the club. There is nothing we can do about it.

• Dannufc

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:01 PM

yet he could suprise us he owes us!

• Toon4Life

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:01 PM

I cannot believe this! There has never been a better, more honurable manager than Kevin Keegan.

This idiot Ashley has NO idea. This is NOT the way to run a football club.

Well Ashely, you reap what you sow – now reap the whirlwind!

I implore ALL fans to boycott the games & also boycott Ashely’s empire – sports stores etc.

Ashley – take your fat ar$e & fk off back darn sarf & take that little bong-eyed turd with you.

YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME IN NEWCASTLE!

LET’S GET THIS FKR TO SELL THE CLUB TO A BILLIONAIRE WHO WILL INVEST IN OUR CLUB & RE-APPOINT THE ONLY MANAGER WHO CAN TURN US ROUND

KEV – ALWAYS THE BEST! GOOD LUCK MATE!

• D.C.

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

I thought we were on our way to the top half this year. Now we’ll do well do avoid a relegation scrap.

• Hobs

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Just to make it all worse, the ad on the bottom of the page is about “chelsea ringtones”

WEEHEEEEEE!!!!

• Lee Cuthbert

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Unbeleivable! A Board of directors who have no football knowledge what so ever, I really can’t see ashley ever being accepted! He better sell up and quickly, there will be outrage on tyneside tonite, how dare you treat one of our hero’s like this! Your a disgrace mike ashley. Please get out of town you and your cockney board haven’t got a clue about the passion this club demands!

• toon head

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

hus the favorite for the job now?

• Ali

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Hi, If this is true and KK is leaving, Isn’t there a way the fans could show their utter frustration towards Ashely and Wise, IE no one goes to the home match against hull and then the away match?

• Gooderz

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

No self-respecting manager would accept a job with the current setup. It’s supposedly meant to mimic many setups on the continent, but even they aren’t this idiotic.

And even if someone does come in they could lose most of what is already a small squad to be replaced by many low-cost signings that they may well not approve of.

Ashley has gone from trying to copy Arsenal’s blueprints to being Abramovich on a shoestring.

If Ashley is not bought out soon the club could find itself in trouble very quickly.

• Cooper

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM

is that obafan gwtting interviewed now ???

• dick

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Shearer wont take it, will wait untill they get new owner in so he can spend some money, the only one I can think of is Steve Bruce, will just about keep us up and is a geordie