Money And Hughton Have Difficult Task At Newcastle

Richard Money will take control of the first team for the foreseeable future, along with Chris Hughton, until a new manager is announced by the Newcastle Board, but that seems as if it will be next week at the earliest.

Richard Money – needs support from the fans – and he’ll get it

Money told The Journal today:

“I’m convinced that the supporters will be behind the team on Saturday and it is so important that they are,”

“I think that at the end of the day the supporters love their football club and I am totally comfortable that they will get behind the team on Saturday.”

“This football club needs the supporters and the team to be as one, there is no doubt about that.”

There have been reports that some of the players are more than discontent with the resignation of Kevin Keegan, but Money has said the players are buckling down and showing good professionalism as he continued:

“That has certainly not been the case. What we have to remember is that they are professional people – we have got a lot of experienced players and their attitude in training has been absolutely exemplary,”

“The players not on international duty have been extremely bright in training over the last few days and their attitude has been nothing short of first class. I can’t stress that enough. This is an important game for this football game and we can’t afford to lose sight of that.”

But Money has also admitted that it’s been a difficult week for everyone at the Tyneside club:

“I think the first few days are always difficult and it was tough for everyone involved. With it being international week that gave us the opportunity to keep the players away from it all, which was definitely a good thing.”

“But with everything that has gone on we shouldn’t forget that a four-point return from the first three games is a creditable return. It is important that we get the right result on Saturday because it’s a very important game.”

Money, Hughton and Thompson will continue to take control of first team affairs on a day-to-day basis while Newcastle look for their fourth manager in 16 months, which is something they appear in no hurry to do.

And it’s a difficult position for Money, Hughton and Thompson to find themseleves in, but they will get all the support they are looking for from the faithful Newcastle crowd.

The fans’ anger is not directed at them, but specifically at Ashley, Wise and Llambias, who have torn the club apart, after a good start to the the playing side of the season.

We wonder if Ashley will show up for the game against Hull City, which under normal circumstances, would be a fairly easy 3 points for us.

We still expect the win, and that will give us 7 points from our first 4 league games, not a bad start to the season. We’re sure the lads will deliver, with the help of the fans, and that will be good, because we all need a little good news.

• Mark-O

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:18 AM

1st comment
    Both good lads i think.
    These rumours of Venables and Dechamp are starting to scare me!!!!

• Born Again Geordie

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM

I like the guys style – something positive coming from the club at last. Oh and it would see that there is ‘Money’ available at the club after all !!! lol 🙂 (sorry poor joke !)

• broon ale

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM

can we remove the pictures of breasts from this site.
    dont get me wrong, i love breasts but I look at this site while I am at work and if my boss looks over my shoulder and see’s i am looking at breasts he wont be happy.

cheers

• ronaldeano

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:27 AM

The only man for NUFC is Kevin Keegan. imo

• RobB

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:27 AM

There was news last week that Ashley wouldn’t be at the Hull game because of prior commitments. I wonder where he’s partying this week? Or could it be a meeting with Ambani?

• Toon Chicken

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:28 AM

I like what I’m hearing.

Now if only the rest would take his lead and come out and talk to the fans.

• bowburnmag

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:32 AM

When I read the link earlier “Richard Money shocked at Newcastle United promotion “, my immediate thought was ‘how can we put this man in charge when he doesn’t realise we got promoted 16 years ago?’. I get it now though….

• ice dog

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM

black and white blood,hope to hear from you today getting worried hope you are ok will wait for up date geordiejanye says things ok!

• ali

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Do we know who’s in charge??? Money or Hughton?

• jay b

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM

lol broon ale, how many women visit this site by the way?

• AO

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:39 AM

lets get right behind the club this weekend! Thats the team,wise and ashley. lets show that spineless prick(keegan) he was wrong to turn his back on us again.

• ANON

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM

I agree with the poster yesterday, the site has gone very tatty with all these dodgy adverts!!

ASHLEY GET WISE N GET OUT!!!

• Indian toon

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM

at last some positive words from nufc/! he’s right , we should get on with the game by supporting whoever wears the black and white on the pitch , and protesting everything outside it.!! please keep the pitch clean ! dont desecrate SJP! cheers 🙂

• mark 1

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:46 AM

My son and I have just got back from 2wks holiday in Florida ,we ve seen no news or papers has the world gone mad since we ve been away,or is it just Mike Ashley.My son refuses to go to any games till king kev is restored to his throne.I,m wondering if it,s all a bad dream , and i,m gonna wake up by the pool.

• Spitfire

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I’m still not gonna go to the match on Saturday. I am not gonna support Del Boy Rodney and Uncle Albert our very own cockney wide boy spiv market traders. Its nothing against the players but we have to mark this in the best way we can. Even if I am the only one who doesn’t turn up it will make ME feel better. Hopefully.

• Spyro

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM

I knew that talk of a player protest was a utter tripe. These guys care about one thing, there wages. Well done to them i say. Well done to Money for his positive comments as well.

• Desmond - GoalSnip.com

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM

I always thought it is every manager’s dream to manage a team with great atmosphere like Newcastle United.

Now that Ashley and gang scared off all the managers, we have to find some noobs to manage the club.

I think we really need a huge turnaround and get managers we always think we cant get = like Rjikaard or Fatih Terim

• Mag1Pie

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM

If Ambani was going to be taking over the Toon surely there would have been something out in the press by now…unfortunately I just cannot see this happening…how long would a potential investor wait…any thoughts or ideas ont his guys?

• Spyro

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM

“their wages”*

• broon ale

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:51 AM

how many people who visit this site will be taken advantage of some breast inplants?

i imagine there is some fellas who might need some breast reduction procedures.. get rid of those moobs fellas!!

on a serious note,, there is loads of rubbish adverts on this site now. every time i log on i am the lucky visitor who has won a new tv or an audi car

• Andy SAFC

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM

“…but they will get all the support they are looking for from the faithful Newcastle crowd.”

Since when have NUFC fans been faithful to the management of their club?

Unless you’re “King Kev”.. of course…

• WesToon

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I dont know what everyone is talking about,the only ads i see are the IQ tests…i dont nor have i ever seen breast ads on here & im on here ALL DAY… hmmmmm???

Any way good luck Richard & Chris & Lads lets get behind the team,THEY NEED US more than ever!!

Some guy said earlier that,its only 1 game & the players will get over it(If we Boycott) Thats a JOKE…if the stadium is empty it might be the catalyst(begining) of a very POOR season… FACT if it is empty the players already low morale WILL be SHATTERED…PLS PLS PLS dont do it Lads 🙁

• ali

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Who picks the team for Saturday?

• Stardust

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Spyro

Just to say first class posts over the last week – I cant believe you take the time to try and rationalise with those who perpetually suffer knee jerkitis.

I just read the blog and thought no wonder we are in such a mess with fans such as ours.

In arguments there are two sides, and what seemed like such a sortable thing wasnt resolved over in my opinion small work outable points.

Everyone needs to remember Keegan is as much to blame for everyones suffering as Ashley. if Ashley didnt have a point of view of merit Keegan would not have hung around to discuss it.

The team of players is the best its been in years. Keegan could have stayed and used the press to put pressure on the club but he lost it the day he walked out. I love the man but he has hurt the club as much as Ashley.

More importantly THE SHOW MUST GO ON – NO MAN IS BIGGER THAN NUFC.

• Bungles Pocket

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Ashley is waiting for the outcome of the proposed takover before putting a new manager in place. (imo)

• Mark-O

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM

i think Ambiani is playing this one very well. He’s probably waiting until Ashley has no choice to sell so he can get us on the cheap (thus having more money to invest in the team)
    I’m going to the match on sat, ive already paid for my season ticket, but i will be making my voice heard and i urge you all to do the same. The majority of the players deserve our support and if Ashley fails to turn up then it goes to prove what a coward he is.
    At times like this we need to stay UNITED, after all it is our name!!!

• Karltoon

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:01 AM

For the record.. I cant see any breasts anywhere on this site..

• geordiejayne

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Icedog….I’ve been speaking to black and white blood this morning. Give him a shout in email m8.

• broon ale

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:04 AM

andysafc! dont create daft arguments for the sake of it

• Estechco

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I agree we need to be UNITED, but I will definitely be OUTSIDE the ground and NOT in!!!

• AO

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Ashley wont sell us on the cheap. I think the bloke is doing well.I hope we get George Graham as manager. He doesnt play great football but he gets results. And if i am honest i cant remember the last time the team entertained me anyway.

• Karltoon

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Yeah.. We need to get behind the team, however i also wont be there.. Simply because i dont already have a ticket.. And the thought of buying one in the current situation just doesnt feel right… If anyones boycotting and already has a ticket i’ll gladly pay them for it.. But not the club

• geordiejayne

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Kevin did stick around to discuss it as you say – I am for KEEGAN but that is MY opinion.

Great to see money talk.

This does not change the fact that Ashley is trying to take us for fools and there is no-one with so called authority speaking on record.

ASHLEY OUT

• Micky Toon

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM

To all of those who hate the adverts first of all use a decent web browser.

Download firefox from http://www.mozilla.org
    Then look for a firefox plug in or extension called Add Blocker Pro.
    Install this to your copy of firefox. Bish bash bosh, easy peasy lemon squeezy no more adverts.
    I wasn’t even aware the site had any adverts until others started complaining.
    Also if you want total blocking of adds such a google ads as well as the banner type, then install the no script add on too.

Right, now I’ve sorted your boobie worries I’m off to put my mortgage on red, then I’ll keep doubling up until I can afford to buy Ashley out. 🙂

• Sav

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Sorry to say it, but I hope we lose on Saturday. A couple of half decent results will have this sorry saga dragging on into a new managerial appointment when, in my opinion, Wise needs to go before we can progress.
    A complete fan boycott would have a similar effect but I can’t see that happening. Sad state of affairs, seeing us scratching round in the bin marked ‘Chelsea old boys’ for a managerial candidate. What sort of criteria for success is that, and how limiting .

• ice dog

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM

cheers geordiejanye just wanted bank acc details

• Micky Toon

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM

geordiejayne – you can’t complain about how “money talks” and then beg for someone who is richer than Ashley to buy us out.

• Spyro

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Stardust

Thanks for noticing. I keep telling myself i am not going to bother conversing with those who simply do not want to understand, but in the end i get roped in somehow. Quite annoying really lol.

Anyway, there are a fair few bloggers on here who are willing to argue a point sensibly whether they are for or against MA, but they seem to be crowded out by the knee jerker gang. Is it me, or do their posts always end up looking something like this,

“GET DAT FAT MAN OUT AND HIS DWARF! KK IS GOD, I HATE SOUTHERNERS”

…quite boring really isn’t it?

• Born Again Geordie

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Westoon
    Stardust

Both great posts lads ! Glad to see some more positive comments on here today!

I will also be at the match Saturday – Ho’way the lads !!!!!!

• Graham

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I don’t know about breasts, but there’s a picture of a huge tit towards the top right hand corner of this page!