Magnificent Given Admits Tough Times At Newcastle

Newcastle’s long serving outstanding goalkeeper, Shay Given, has conceded it has been tough times at Newcastle in recent weeks.

Shay Given – the great Newcastle goalkeeper unsure of future

But of all the players at Newcastle, Shay has been at the club the longest, apart from his pal and backup, local boy Steve Harper, who played just great for the team at the end of last season.

But it seems now that Shay has fully recovered from his groin injury of the last two seasons, and he is back to his magnificent best, and had a fantastic game for Ireland last night in a 0-0 draw at Montenegro.

And Shay has gone through all the trials and tribulations of the club over the last 10 years or so, and Given is now unsure what the future holds for this famous club, with one of the most passionate fan bases in the world.

Given talked to Sky TV today:

“We will see what happens in the next couple of days,” “Obviously we have got to prepare for Hull now on Saturday, it is a big game for us and it has been tough times back at Newcastle.”

“But I have been concentrating on these games with Ireland, and now I will have to focus my time back on Newcastle now.”

Presumably Newcastle are now after their 4th manager in 16 months, with Kevin haven’t resigned from the club last Thursday, an act the Geordie fans are still coming to terms with.

Given added:

“I don’t know about a new manager, I have not spoken to many people from the club or even players for that matter so I cannot really comment on that and I am likely to meet up with the lads in the next few days and take it from there.”

Let’s be honest about Shay, he’s been one of the very best goalkeepers in the Premier League for a long time now, and could have played for one of the top four clubs, and had a load of trophies.

But he has chosen to be loyal to Newcastle United, and it’s just such a pity that we cannot get out avt together as a club, and become great again.

We really thought we were on our way with Kevin, but that dream seems now in tatters, so at some point, probabaly sooner rather than later, we’ll have to pick ourslelves up and move forward again.

Let’s just ensure we get the 3 points on Saturday, as we recover from the shocks of last week, we’re sure the lads can do just that.

• cooldj

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:42 PM

🙂

• KevinHann

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Hello, dear friends!

A few might remember my rare, but sophisticated posts on his blog concerning our beloved Newcastle United. Which makes me a little uneasy about what I am going to ask. Though with the knowledge that we already share a passion, I might as well light some enthusiasm with this project.

A few of us here, in Bulgaria, decided to start a research of massive proportions. The basic idea is to create a method for universal club research, based on various groups of criteria such as finances, history, fan-base, etc. This method will therefore be used for various tasks, including thorough compare between two clubs, the way different club policies function in different environment and so on. The possibilities are unlimited.

Let me know if any of you believe they can be of assistance and have the desire and knowledge to do so!

Thank you for the attention and may we defeat Hull with a sound result!

Kev

• KevinHann

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:46 PM

If so, contact me at:

e-mail – kevinhann@abv.bg

skype – kevinhann

• HATE PRAWN SANDWICHES

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:01 PM

ASHLEY OUT!! ASHLEY OUT!! ASHLEY OUT!!

Lads If we are “UNITED” in agreement that Ashley and the board must go!! Why on earth is there a mere 5500 signatures to the petition!
    considering we usually have a full ground of 52K

COME ON LADS GET SIGNING UP! ASHLEY OUT!!!!!

WE MUST GET ASHLEY TO SELL UP!!
    ASHLEY AND THE NUFC BOARD MUST GO!!

• Davies

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Maybe not everybody sees things that way you do HPS.

I’m not having a go, I’ve actually signed the petition, I’m just saying that you might not get the support you were hoping for.

Might be an idea to get a banner with the web address on it for Saturday’s protest. I reckon if you can get it on the telly you might get a few more hits.

Of course, it could be the case that people just want to get on with the rest of the season with as little disruption as possible.

I can’t see Ashley going because of a petition. I hate to say it mate, but you might be fighting a losing battle with this. Best of luck to you with it though.

• bill

Sep 11, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Not everyone has access to the web and not everyone knows about the petition. It’s as simple as that.

Go stand in Northumberland Street with it and you will get several thousand on the petition in a couple of hours.

Not only that, those signing will be the people of Newcastle not the shit who are trying to discredit the on-line petition.

• Davies

Sep 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Are you referring to me bill?

• richie

Sep 11, 2008 at 7:11 PM

shay deserves better than us at the mo, hes served us well and i like him to move onto one of europes greats while hes at the peak of his career

• FARTY

Sep 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM

players get paid big wages so they should keep their gobs shut and get on with the job

• Charlie

Sep 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM

OI I hate prawn sandwiches fix your petition. I tried to sign and it would not register my email.

• clinta

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:27 AM

‘We really thought we were on our way with Kevin, but that dream seems now in tatters,’

with you on that one ed, it was definately just a dream- success with KK, mind he did give us back some good attacking football which was a pleasure to watch, wasn’t going to win us anything though was he.

• lesh

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Shay, the fans are with you and the boys.. .just have faith eh?

• HATE PRAWN SANDWICHES

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Actually, I’ve changed me mind, after all, Ashleys trying to run a business! Okay, no WOW signings, but at the end of the day the club hasnt got any debt to worry about, and Keegan wasnt all that good anyways…