Roy Keane – Keegan A God To Newcastle Fans

Roy Keane, the Sunderland Manager, has been impressed his entire career with Kevin Keegan’s enthusiasm and love of the game of football.

Roy Keane – Sunderland Manager big fan of Keegan

Roy hasn’t said too much about the ridiculous situation that currently exists at Newcastle, but yesterday he did share some of his views, specifically on Kevin Keegan:

“I took Kevin Keegan for what he was and that’s a good bloke who was enthusiastic,”  “The bottom line is that no matter what you say about people up round here, the clubs, Boro, Newcastle us, the people love their football, I tell you.”

“That is something to be admired and Kevin Keegan loved his football. The people in this region are passionate about their football and sometimes that leads to frenzied protests or whatever,  but it is definitely something that makes it special in this area.”

“He’s a god anyway to Newcastle fans because of his playing career and style of football he brought and rightly so. I know they didn’t win the Premier League but with a bit of luck they probably would have.”

“Kevin Keegan loved his football and has got to be admired. There is a massive doubt over whether he will come back and. I think the game is a lesser game without him, definitely.”

“I cannot second guess what was going on. There has been enough chat about what might have been going on. Up in the North East, it’s always rife with something,”

“If it is not Newcastle, it will be us next. I had it last year when I had certain players out, people ringing me saying they had been in a club the night before. There’s always something being written about or talked about.”

Roy isn’t far off with those views, but the big question for Newcastle fans this morning is whether a Keegan – Ashley settlement is now on the cards, or was last night’s meeting and failure to reach an agreement, the actual parting of the ways.

• seetow

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM

i can’t believe i’m agreeing with that mackem

• seetow

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM

but keano still w*nks his dog. big al owns you

• tom tomb

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Not many people impress this man, take note Ashley. It’s only you and your cohorts that don’t respect him.

• tom tomb

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Still hate the mackem scumbag though.

• robinho lee

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Got to say, Roy Keane does talk sense alot of the time. I mean, if he wanted to he could of came out n tuk the pish out of us hardcore with him now being a mackem n rubbed it in big style, but thats not his style. got respect for him even if he is a mackem!

For those interested, great piece of Keegan memorabilia I have for sale on ebay, ending tonight. Here is the link:

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:19 AM

He always have a poor opinion of me in my football manager so wat d need commenting about him

• mitch

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:24 AM

SMB knows more than our board

• Graham

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Jesus Christ man Ed!!!! I had a few beers last night and have just woke up with a sore head. Then I put my computer on and I get a picture of Gypsey Keane on my computer! In future give us a day or 2 warning before you do something like that!

Hurts me to say this but he does talk sense most of the time. He would be a decent bloke if he could learnt to punch properly!

• ObaFan2

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Lol tell us something we don’t know Keane! Ok hats off ya could have took that p but didn’t.

Ashley Sell, get out of our club. Your failed PR stunt stinks the same as the people you put in place to run the club.

• tom tomb

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Robinho lee re-ebay KK did not leave NUFC for Hamburg.

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:28 AM

3-0 home and away
    Wit carrol havin a goal

• Jimi

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:33 AM

There’s a lot of things I’ve disliked Roy Keane for in the past and also a lot of things I’ve liked him for too, and I do respect the guy. This opinion is entirely welcome.
    I hope to god that these talks between Keegan and Ashley haven’t ended. It could be the first thing Ashley can do in a long list of things to make any head way what so ever in trying to appease me, if he is determined to hold on to the club that is.

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Goal giovanni just scored Newcastle

• UTD111

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:45 AM

I’ve been sending some erm interesting emails to Ashley via customer services at Sports Direct and you know what?? He doesnt respond to his customers there either!!
    Time for fat Ash and the poison dwarf to leave the buiding methinks…..

• scottish mag

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:50 AM

does any1 have a link to the game today plz

• ROB. WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Ganiya your a tool or a Mackam f##K OFF.

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:54 AM

2-0 hull city leading cacapa scored an own goal

• Kelvin Koogan

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Love him or hate him, the little hard nut from Cork has always told it how he see’s it. I like him as a manager, he never looks for excuses and always shows respect. The Mackems have done well there.
    They’re looking a much better run club than us these days, thats for sure.

• ginkoh

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Maybe Roy Keane will be the same as Keegan when he return to manage ManU after Sir Alex retire.

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Scored one back martin did it from d bench

• Dave Emmerson

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:08 AM

The only way I can see Keegan coming back is if Ashley gets rid of the 3 wise monkeys, and IMO I cant see Ashley doing that. The chances of Ashley selling the club is getting worse day by day. IMO i can see the club going downhill

• Bill F Ash Didn't Splash :(

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Keane isn’t a Mackem, he manages the Mackems. I’ve never liked him as a person but I would have loved to have had him playing for us.

How about this for a long shot bet, KK being at Sid James Park today in the box with Ashley, I would rule nothing out in our real life fantasy game land.

• ObaFan2

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Bill F Ash Didn’t Splash, yeah wouldn’t surprise me, how about the two arrive in a helicopter before the match? ………………

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Ganiyu-do you have to come here? And for that matter, do you watch football?
    as much as i hate to say it, and he’s still a mackem, but roy keane as a manager seems to be one of the smartest talking, most level headed people in football these days. Like others have already said, he seems to know alot more than our board, which is just ridiculous.

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:21 AM

4-2 dramatic come back 4 Newcastle
    Martin scored 2
    Zog and jo barton1

• Taiwantoon

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM

I actually can’t help to liking Roy Keane since he becomes a manager. He is such a smart guy. He didn’t relly say anything but he told you everything.

• stumpofthetoon

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM

wot is everyone doing today any protests i am a season ticket holder and will be going to the match is the march still on etc

• Ganiyu

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Yea i watch Nufc alot pls can u send me a link 2 watch d game live

• Sav

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM

No question who’s the daddy at the SOS. Quinner and the Irish consortium just do as they’re told.

Ashley take note.

• Leo

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Bill F, you been at the magic mushrooms? well i always find it makes it easier to second guess the football…

only joking i would try any drugs because they would make me a NED ( 1 pound for the first to tell me what a NED is)

• Paul

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:42 AM

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:42 AM

well you certainly dont sound like you do ganiyu. i mean, if you wanna say something constructive then fair enough, if not just dont bother.
    all this nonsense about martins bench goal 10-1 or whatever is a bit stupid really isnt it.

• Terry Tupac

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:43 AM

GET YOUR ARSES OFF THE INTERNET AND GET OUT AND JOIN THE PROTESTS.
    THE FUTURE OF THE CLUB IS UP TO YOU.

• JONNY

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:45 AM

please some one post in alink for the hull vs NUFC match
    cheers
    Is it on justin.tv?

• Paul

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:47 AM

See above Jonny.

• Its Time To See The Light

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Ashley should be a hero.
    Bought the club when it was on its last legs
    Paid off all the debt with his own personal fortune
    Got rid of the boring manager at the time
    Brought back Kevin Keegan
    Eight months later Keegan turns his back on the toon yet again
    Ashley tries to stop him leaving
    A week later Ashley holds talks to solve the problem.

Seriously, is your heart and head in the right place? One bloke risks millions at the club. One bloke walks out again without a care in the world simply because Ashley would not give him his blank chequebook. Come on guys, seriously, back your club. A week before the KK hissy fit all was well. IF Ashley sold today he would have been a success at the club without doubt. Time to trust the investor not the quitter. Move on.

• Bill F Ash Didn't Splash :(

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Ganiyu, as you are a Nigerian (I believe), is it possible you can put Mr Ashley in contact with someone with Billions of pounds who needs a way to get it out of the country. That should do the trick for us.

• Leo

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:53 AM

ok i guess no 1 knows, NED stands for Non Educated Delinquent

• toonited

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:54 AM

any one got any good anti ashley chant for the match then so far iv come up with….

hes fat
    hes gay
    hes a tosspot all the way
    MIKE ASHLEE, MIKE ASHLEE!

and also we could chant prick over and over until bored….

4-1 win i reckon