Kinnear – Investors Buying Newcastle In A Week

Joe Kinnear has talked to BBB Radio 5Live following his appointment today, and said that Ashley told him some investors are ready to buy the club in early October, which is about a week away.

Joe Kinnear – Investors ready to buy Newcastle

Joe told BBC Radio 5Live following his appointment:

“I am aware that the new owners have Kevin Keegan and possibly Alan Shearer parked around the corner.” “I understand investors are about to buy the club, (current owner) Mike Ashley told me openly. I will be here for 6-8 games.”

“I believe the club will be sold at the start of October and at the moment Chris Hughton needs all the help he can get, and I hope now that I can help to get a few results together.”

“Those are the cards that I have and I’ll do the best that I can.”

Kinnear admitted he faced a difficult task in his time at the club, and that he may have some problems with the Newcastle United supporters.

“The fans will be disappointed, I understand that, but I can’t do anything about. I will just be doing my very best because I am desperate to get back into the game.”

“I will be going up to Newcastle on Monday and will pick the team from then. I’ll speak to Chris about it.”

However, he did seem a little confused about his past managerial record. When asked about his last managerial experience, he said:

“The last time was with Nottingham Forest, and that was about 18 months ago.”

The stupidest thing fans can do now is complain that Joe has been appointed. Let’s now show people what Newcastle fans are made of, although it would appear that he may not be at the game tomorrow, which is disappointing to say the least.

And it now looks like Mike has a buyer, and things should get a lot better shortly, but it would be great if Joe can steady the ship before the new owners come in.

He deserves our full support, and we really hope he will get it.

• beyethegreat

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:43 PM

dissapointed but we seriousely need to get behind him na d the team hopefully we will pick up a few points and gain confidence as we will need it to beat the mackems

• Safferman

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:45 PM

atlast some kind of confirmation on the sale, wonder if its the africans, guess Oba will be the new captain!

• graeme

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM

I Wish him well.

He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. His wouldnt be the 1st (or 21st) name I would have thought of, but, he’s here for a few weeks, makes a few quid and hopefully gives the team some focus.

We have nothing to lose either, if there really are new buyers in the wings waiting to take over next month. BRING IT ON!!!!

• Ohmelads

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Don’t want the nigerians in – imagine it….

“Goood afternoon madam, I’m calling from your club….”
    “which club…?”
    “Your club…!”

Dodgy as you like.

• Gazzatoon

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM

i think give the guy a chance he cant do any worse than were doing at the moment, although he will struggle as our squad is a joke and with oba now out for another 6 weeks we better hope xisco turns into a goalscoring machine

• lee

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM

by pass the midfield get three strikers up front no need for a midfield now…

what a load of crap..

the whole thing stinks

i dont want the africans either… it will be dirty money and another big scandle waiting to happen

• xfer

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:51 PM

“I understand investors are about to buy the club, (current owner) Mike Ashley told me openly.”

Anyone putting money on him losing his job before he gets stuck in next monday? Mike must have told him to “STFU” and not tell the press so much.

• Ohmelads

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Big scandal and even more of a laughing stock!!!

Oba blatantly doesn’t fancy it either – injury my @rse.

• Isaac Hunt

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:53 PM

It won’t be the “Four Nigerian tycoons”.

• beyethegreat

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:58 PM

ohmelads it does seem a bit dubious but oba since being at thte club has shown good attitude

• Mark

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Joe Kinnears Black and White Army… Viva NUFC… Keep the Faith.. easier said than done.. but what can you do, black and white through and through!!!!

• spitzoid

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Ohmelads – what a negative tw@t you have proved yourself to be. You are not wanted on this board – GO AWAY!

• Davy C

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:08 PM

I totally agree Ed and beyethegreat. We have to get behind the team and the manager. Joe Kinnear would never have been a choice of mine but he’s in and hasn’t done anything wrong so for me he doesn’t deserve any barracking from the fans.

I’m worried that he’ll play a long ball game and try and contain teams in the hope of avoiding defeat. With Viduka out we have no one up front that can hold the ball up to work to this system.

Let’s just wait and see – howay the lads!

• Davies

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:12 PM

We can’t even judge on results as every manager needs time to make his mark on the team. I’m not in favour of an interim manager, nothing against Kinnear, it’s just that there’s already disruption around the corner when the next manager steps in.

I will, however, get behing the team and wor Joe for the time being.

• Simple

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Whatever next….my grandma in goal ?

A pond in the centre circle ?

Why not change the magpie on the badge to a squirrel eating it’s own nuts !

…Mike Ashley………….what a total and utter buffoon….if I wasn’t laughing so hard, I’d be crying !

• jules

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM

JK may have no choice but to play a long ball if we keep losing players through injury. I dont think Martins is putting it on, He seems committed to me.
    Everyone needs to be behind the team tomorrow and lets get the points.
    I respect the candid comments from Joe K, no pretence, this is always a good asset.
    Remember when he was at Wimbledon etc he played football which suited their strengths lets wait and see what he does with the lads and comment.

• London Mag

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I only hope it isn’t this Nigerian cartel who seem to have people in their own country baffled. I feel my club is in for a massive let down if it is.
    This whole scenario is baffling. I’ve just listened to Kinnear’s interview and the Keegan/Shearer
    thing is just supposition from him. Nobody has definately said its going to happen.
    “I will be in charge for six to eight games, but the new owners are probably going to have Kevin Keegan and maybe Alan Shearer parked up around the corner when they come in”. It just doesn’t sound right, and I’m not particularly happy. I’m very concerned we are heading for another knock
    Having said that, I will be giving it my lung bursting best at the match tomorrow

• wiindo

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM

who are we selling to?
    Nigerians??

• jules

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Simple
    My old mum said to me if you cant change the situation then change your attitude to the situation ! No one likes what has gone on, lets get behind the team and prove it truly is our club.
    Joe K may not be perfect but I dont see how we can be any worse off than we are now.

• magsie

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Cant see what people are moaning about now! We need someone in to try and stop the rot.
    No top manager would come is as a temp for a few weeks so at least the blokes going to give it a try.
    He has said we are going to be sold soon which is what everyone on here wants but to who nobody knows for sure, yet still fans on the boards are whinging. Nee wonder the country think we are a joke, lets just back the bloke and the team and hope things are on the up instead of all the negativity ffs.

C`mon The Mighty Mags!!

• jules

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:23 PM

One common theme about MA and his crew, we never know anything until it has happened. Who know’s we may even have a buyer next week ! Cant see how JK can comment on how many games he will be in charge ,if we are bought, I would guess whoever buys us would have approached potential managers before concluding a deal.

• Gordon

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I really don’t think we’re in a position to complain.

The fact that we have an interim manager with *any* PL experience is amazing in itself as not many would take it for just half a dozen games or so.

I can’t see how JK can possibly make things worse. If he can just steady things until the takeover’s completed I’ll be happy.

• MarK

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:46 PM

hes here for 6-8 games who do you expect? hiddink? stop being so whiny everyone jesus.

• Rich

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:23 PM

He’s never lost more than he’s won as manager of any team, so let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. By that alone he’s better than Hughton…

• Terry Mac's Crossword

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Lets stop whinging and lets get behind the guy and the team! Lets show all the tossers who have come out of the woodwork over the last 4 weeks that we are what we say we are SUPPORTERS. He’s only here in the short term. Frankly i think we’re lucky to get anyone considering the circumstances. HOWAY THE LADS!!!

• rojan hosh

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:39 PM

i`m not being funny do you really want a bunch of nigerians to have access to 50`000 peoples bank accounts details ……….. ?????

• Bill F

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:53 PM

If the Nigerians are on the level about the takeover, I don’t think they are going to be too impressed with the zenophobic Little Englander comments. Perhaps we should back of a little after all I don’t think they will be able to scam Ashley.
    It may be that Joe Kinnear had to play long ball stuff with the squad he had, doesn’t mean he will do so with us.

• Obafan

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:34 PM

To be honnest I don’t know this Kinnear, but I will support him 500%, cause at least he is going to try to help us. Other managers didn’t want to try this challenge to steady this sinking ship.

Good luck Mr Kinnear.

• Waddle's mullet

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:27 PM

I know it’s only 6-8 games but has joe got his UEFA Pro license?
    Ha Ha

Get behind the lads
    Your club needs you!!!

• Toon Graeme

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:49 PM

There have been calls for help for hughton and the team. Terry V was approached and people on here are like NO WAY etc etc etc.

MA signs someone up and its just the same.

Forgive the bluntness but the last few weeks people have been peeing me off. For every thing that comes out its slag off slag off.

Owners, managers, players, potential buyers.

I cant wait for a few weeks when all this blows over and its just the rest of the season to worry about and points on the board.

Reading some posts over the past week I know there are people who will agree and disagree.

I for one will support the team and Hughton and now Joe Kinnear and always have even through the last few weeks and aslong as that shirt is on those players backs – I always will

COME ON TOON!!

• daydeburt

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:05 PM

an inside source told me that and i quote “tomorrow newcastle could win 2-0”
    i said “if we score 2 and they dont score you may well be right”. he also said “iám hungry” and i said “buy some munch bunch yoghurts then”, he said “mike ashley is fat” and i said “that was a bit irrelevant”, he said “ahh kna mate”
    Has anyone else had this conversation????

• davecbr

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:04 AM

Like most I’ll be happy if JK steadies the ship and actually prevent the sinking.
    One thing stands out; the total and complete lack of communication from the club management does nothing to alleviate the feeling that we’re completely stuffed. Some honesty would go a long way. You can be honest and open and still preserve the essential commercial-in-confidence aspects

• oztoon

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:01 AM

you wanted ashley to sell he is we have to accept there will be no fairy tale for NUFC to win the title in the next few years and the best we can hope for is some stability.

• niconeil

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:13 AM

There’s only one Joke innear and thats Mike Ashley

• Toonloony

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Didn’t Kinnear die falling off a horse whilst filming Return of the musketeers? Or was that his brother Roy?

Lets get behind him whoever he is!!!!!

TOON! TOON! BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!