Kinnear – I’ll Work Day and Night For Newcastle

Newcastle United’s new interim manager Joe Kinnear has promised to work around the clock to get Newcastle back on track during his stay at the club.

Joe Kinnear – proud to be Newcastle United manager

And Newcastle fans will no doubt like the spirit of the man, as he has promised to do his very best to turn the fortunes of the Newcastle club around.

Joe was in the stands this afternoon, because he still has a 2 game touchline ban to serve he picked up while still manager at Nottingham Forest. That means he will be in the stands at Everton next Sunday too.

The former Wimbledon manager still thinks he can turn things around after seeing Newcastle fall to their 5th successive defeat today at St. James’ Park.

Jose said:

“I’m going to make every effort I can,” “Six games, so 18 points. I’m going to work day and night to get it right.”“I’ll work hard with the players and give them confidence. I’ll open things, I’m an honest guy and I say what I think.” “I have a lot of experience in the game. I’m not hiding the fact I wouldn’t be sitting here if everyone else hadn’t turned it down – but more fool them.”

“For me, it’s a fantastic club, a great opportunity. I may not be everybody’s choice but it’s up to me to prove that I am in the end.” “I got a call out of the blue from Ash (Mike Ashley) and accepted it immediately even though it’s a short spell. It’s too good a club to miss out on.”

“I’m going to do the best I possibly can. I understand how big the club is and I understand that you get judged on results, so from next week onwards I’ll take whatever comes my way.”

With those words and a good result at Everton, or even a greatly improved display, will no doubt soon get the fans behind Joe. That’s what the players need – someone upbeat and inspirational to wake them up, which they seemed to do at half time – so that was the good thing we can take out of the game today.

The first half was almost a continuation of the Tottenham game, although we had enough possession, but we conceded two poor goals again.

The lads tried their very best in the last 45 minutes but couldn’t overcome a two goal deficit, but there were definite signs of some passion coming back for some of the players, and Duff and N’Zogbia certainly were going all out today.

Let’s not join the adverse criticism of Joe, and the reports that are trying to ridicule Newcastle with the Kinnear appointment. It could turn out to be a good appointment for 6 games or so, and it looks like Joe has the right attitude, that’s for sure.  It also looks like Ashley will be able to sell the club quickly, so now we need to help Joe get the lads back on their feet.

Let’s keep behind Joe, the coaches and the players as the crowd did so well today, and we can help to put our club back where it has always deserved to be.

We wish Joe the very best in his endeavors – he’s a good man.

• ed_speed

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM

i thought duff was good today.

regards,
    ed

• selly no skill

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM

didnt watch it.coulnt stand anymore heartache.glad now,feel much better than i would have.

• Big Dave

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM

ED hows you m8 I also thought Duff was good today and I thought Zog started to show a bit of b*lls today aswell.

• BenjiToon

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Yeah but have you read this?www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/3093762/Newcastle-should-be-aware-of-Joe-Kinnears-Wimbledon-ways–Football.

Maybe Kinnear will be just what we need. Maybe he’ll be a disaster. Calling Geremi “Jeremiah”. Telling us that Ashley shouldn’t be criticised because he got the club out of the sh*t.

Perhaps it was his team talk that motivated the lads at half time, and as a “match day” manager for a few games he might just kick them on.

All this, and his touch line ban (!), makes me nervous though.

• BenjiToon

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Ed Speed – Duff was good, 2nd half only though.

• AndyNUFC

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:59 PM

The sad fact is that, no matter how amazingly inspiring any manager coming in is to this club… It will never ever change the fact that the TALENT is not there.

• daydeburt

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM

correct andynufc….
    there was no talent at all, i couldnt give a crap about other peoples opinions on here our squad is dreadful, i was there today and the 1st half was Absolutley horrendous and i mean a joke. i wold swap ours for any team in the premier league barring shay,spiderman and owen, and maybe beye when fit

• Charlie

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:10 AM

I think the talent is there its just in the treatment room and banned. I’d imagine Guthrie will be back in the team next week so thats it for Crapcapa and the worst midfield ever. A box to boxer is what we need right now…Cant believe Geremi didn’t take that shot. He wanted to take the penalty from Owen but when he is on his own two feet from goal he wont have a shot.

Bassongs service needs wok as well

• john

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:18 AM

hulls just beat arsenal at the emirates-Joe Kinnear can certainly egg the lads on to get sumit at everton eh-come on-he will change it to his style for the 6 games so we cant be any worse off can we-even a draw would be good at the minute-but look at what hulls just done!if he manages 2 wins and a draw out of 6 its better than current form! cmaaaaaaannnnn!!!howay the lads!!everton away!bout time we put one over blue blogger and everton!

• Steve_48

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Have just listened to the 606 podcast and agree with a lot of the sentiment raised; those players [with a couple of exceptions Duff / Owen] were a disgrace yesterday – if they have any conscience, they should donate their earnings yesterday to charity. If I turned up at work on Monday and sat on my arse for 8 hours and went home I’d feel like I cheated the company. This is exactly what happened yesterday.

We are in freefall Joe and you’re going to have to work more than night and day to even get a draw let along anywhere near 18 points.

I am depressed, we deserve a stint in the Championship to make our Big Club realise what it has lost.

• Patrick

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:37 AM

BCFC fan in peace.

Kinnear has not done badly, especially the comeback at Everton whose return to foirm was always going to come and the win v Villa. You were robbed by Styles also, and Bramble scoring is just bad luck.

If he does well, do you think Ashley will stay?