Kinnear – Too Many Quiet Players In Dressing Room

There’s one thing we’ve learned very quickly about Joe Kinnear, and that is he’s quite a character, with a certain gift of the gab.

Joe Kinnear – Oh no – what have I got myself into?

But he’s an Irishman, born in Dublin at the end of 1946, and has the same home town as Damien Duff.

Joe will take full training today, and we’re sure we will hear his views today at some time. it seems you can’t shut him up, but that’s not a complaint.  Things have been far too quiet at the club, and it’s time somebody told us what he thinks – and Joe will certainly do that.    😀

He talked about Keegan today:

“Every second I turn a corner it is Kevin Keegan. He is their God. I’m not going to change that but I am going to try to get results to earn my money.”

“I love being a winner. I stand up for myself. Every second there is always someone who wants to stab you in the back. That is the life we have chosen, but I won’t lose any sleep over it’.”

And commenting on the performance on Saturday, Kinnear added:

“I could certainly educate a few of them, that’s for sure. I could teach them about not doing silly things and being more professional on the pitch.”

“ We have one or two excellent, experienced players but the rest are very quiet.”

We think he will have a very quick talk to Steven Taylor, about what he did wrong for that first goal, because Joe was seen shaking his head in disbelief when the goal went in. Steven was on the wrong side of Samba, and couldn’t therefore defend the ball properly, and Samba had an easy headed goal gifted to him.

And Joe should be able to shake up Coloccini, who has looked far too ordinary in the last few games.

But we have to be fair to Fabricio and not be too critical, because the poor lad has to be thinking what has hit him since he arrived at the club.

• wigaz

Sep 29, 2008 at 11:53 AM

The more i hear from this bloke the more i like him! dont think he’ll be scared to kick a few arses which is badly needed! be interesting to see how well he does with barton once he’s back coz i think if anybody is kinnears type of player a la crazy gang it’s joey! we’ll save judgement until after everton on sunday, good luck joe.

• valle

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Colo needs to stop the fancy stuff and just play simple, but he is an argentian international and a very good player, so stay with him…

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Wigaz….I have the same feeling that this manager will be ”Out of the blue” but in positive way.He seems very friendly guy aswell.

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Steve bruce zaki valencia palacio

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Hey u promised to predict last weeks games.

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Kinnear pls keep taylor and butt on the bench and lets watch something new from the youngsters

• Marty,TOON RISING

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:13 PM

He seems like a good guy.Straight talking.
    Hpope he can rally the troops,a few difficult games though to start with.
    Taylor should be dropped in my opinion.
    Give him and the lads our full support and lets see LIFT-OFF

• shearer9

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Anyone know if Jonas and Beye will be back for the weekend or not? Can not wait to see Jonas back playing.

• Stevo

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Even when the take over happens I think we should keep Kinnear in charge. He deserves a chance. He’s a no bulls**t type of person. I think he will get the underperforming players sorted out and back up to scratch. I like the ‘play well or your out the door’ attitude. Could be a blessing in disguise!

• Stevo

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM

We could have done with him when the likes of Dyer, Bowyer and Jenas etc were around

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:22 PM

I want him to play a 5 man mid field.Newcastle cant use a 442 to get result for the time being

• samthecat

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Same side methinks against Everton but we then have a 15 day break before Man City-surely we can get some players back by then.-Guti and Guthrie maybe Beye.
    Viduka and Barton by November.
    As for Enrique its like having Babayaro back-the bloke is never fit.

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I want ohara cos he is far beta than jenas.

• Stevo

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Shearer – I think Beye will be in but bit uncertain about Jonas mate. Hes meant to be out until 5 Oct so it depends on his fitness really.

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Joe take my professional advice and play this team against Everton 🙂

————————–Given—————————
    ——————Coloccini—–Cacapa—————–
    Beye——————————————-Bassong
    ————————-Butt——————————
    Guthrie—————Godsmark————N’Zogbia
    ——————-Owen————Duff—————–

• Micky Toon

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:33 PM

If we can’t get the likes of Hiddink to manage us and JK does a good job, then why not offer him a deal with the new owner(s)?

I forgot he’s not Keegan.

• Stevo

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Mickey Toon – I loved KK, great times! but I’m sick to f**k of the club going backwards. I agree mate!

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Everton 3 Nufc1

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Everton 3 Nufc 1
    Manager hadji wont earn a penny this week.

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Ganiyu…..Sorry man,better that i didnt give you any prediction cos you would have lost on Atletico Madrid vs Sevilla.
    I was 100% sure that Atleti will win,but obviously they didnt find that game important cos of the champions league clash against Marseille.
    This week for you
    Chelsea,Fiorentina,Villareal,Man Utd,Roma.
    These are the games for this Tuesday and Wednesday in CL.

Good Luck you Spud 🙂

• Micky Toon

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Actually, thinking about it, if JK does such a good job, then why not offer him a deal regardless of who else we would like?
    Constancy is what the club lacks. So a manager who has the team on a roll is just what is needed.

• Buddy23

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Rasko- Putting Godsmark in your team has brought something to my attention. Why have we not given the kids on the bench a taste of the pl. Instead of throwing on the sham of a footballer known as Shola, why not give a Ranger, Godsmark, Danquah or Doninger a chance to ply their trade? Their youthful exuberance and enthusiasm alone would lift spirits I would have thought

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Its quite oposite Ganiyu….I play against Newcastle all the time.Even this weekend i won 150 pounds on them.
    When it comes to betting Ganiyu,i lose all my feelings as a Newcastle fan and i put my money where i know i’m gonna win.
    Sadly but true,cos last year i lost a lot of money just on Newcastle cos i was betting with emotions for NUFC…..this year is a different story.

• Ganiyu

Duff guthire godsmark zog
    Owen
    Xisco
    Everton 1 Newcastle 4

• Bill F

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Joe looks like a hungry manager who wants to achieve something, unlike Venables who would have just been in for the fast buck. I think it may just be an act of genius by MA intended or not. Thats what I’m hoping anyway.

• Buddy23

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Micky Toon- It would be Roeder all over agin mate. I’m quite happy to give JK a chance because he seems a man capable of injecting confidence into the squad. Our improved second half display on Saturday proves this. But once his stint ends and (hopefully) the new owners are in charge, we need to look for a top draw manager.

• Nacho Man!!

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:51 PM

i think that we could have Enrique, Beye, Jonas and Possibly Carroll back for next sunday. if not i bet anyone a million quid they wil all swann off and play for their national teams and come back worse than when they left.

my team i thinks:

Given

Beye/Coloccini/Bassong/Enrique

Gutierrez/Guthrie/Butt/N’Zogbia

Owen/Xisco

subs – Harps, Taylor, Edgar, Geremi, Carroll, Donaldson and Ameobi

• Buddy23

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Ganiyu- One can only dream of such a scoreline come Sat, but I actually believe we can get a result over there. Lets face it, their form at home has been dismal, an they will be feeling the pressure from their own fans. Hopefully the JK influence is enough for us to get something from the game, because all the lads need is one decent result for things to change.

• Nacho Man!!

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:52 PM

ganiyu – are you pissed!!!!

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Buddy23…..I’m with you on this one,these kids deserve a shot on the big stage.
    I still can’t believe when KK didn’t give any chance to our youngsters against Arsenal when it was clearly visible that we lost that game since the 60th minute.

What made Rooney recognized for the first time…….it was his goal against Arsenal.

• neeraj

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:53 PM

the problem is lack of work rate from our midfield that is leaving our defense in trouble
    i would like us to go for a 5-3-2 formation

given
    taylor colo bassong
    beye n’zog

duff guthrie godsmark

owen xisco

and allow n’zog to play as a sweeper not as a dedicated left back, bassong can cover the bit of lost space on that side……

call butt to replace godsmark in 2nd half he can atleast run for 30 mins….

• stjames

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:56 PM

I quite like the guy. He’s saying what everybody else is thinking, and then some more. I hope he can also master the diplomacy which probably is needed too. Good luck!!!

• Nacho Man!!

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:57 PM

neeraj – godmarks never been in the squad. i think the 2 wing back thing would work quite well, plus 5 defenders to mark 2/3 strikers, then zoogs and beye can blast down the wings from time to time, and drop back when needed

• totsy

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:57 PM

ameobi is the biggest pile of sh**e i have ever seen in my life!!!!!

• neeraj

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM

ya i didn’t remember any name

forgot we had nacho, but i would prefer godsmark over butt any day

• Ganiyu

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Hadji i lost 100 naira because i depended on you.pls predict next weeks matches in ur country only.premier league down to the league 2.make sure your 100 percent sure of wat u predict

• Ericles

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:05 PM

I saw the video of when JK arrived at the station on Friday. Nobody official to meet him. That shows you what the bums running this club are really like. I am prepared to give him his temporary chance. Mick Martin has been positive and he is no dimwit. The comments of Lee, MacDonald and Beresford were all positive as well. As a stopgap he
    will tighten a few bootlaces.

• Buddy23

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Do any of you lads know if Beye, Enrique, Jonas and Nacho will be fit for Sunday?

• Nacho Man!!