Kinnear – Can Say He Managed Newcastle After He Retires

Joe Kinnear has talked to the Evening Chronicle today, and says his call from Ashley was “a call from heaven”, and adds that he can always say he managed Newcastle United when he retires – whatever happens.

Joe Kinnear – Steven this is how you mark for a free kick 😀

Joe seems unperturbed and even proud to be the interim manager of Newcastle United, who by his own words thinks are a massive club with the best supporters in the land. Told you he was a good guy.

At the training ground today he said he focused on getting the lad’s confidence back up and getting them to not to be so fearful on the field. Our next game is a 4:00 pm KO at Goodison Park, where we lost 3-1 in the last game of last season, and in the end we were well beaten.

Kinnear believes two wins will change the situation at the club and he talked first about when he got the call from Ashley::

“When the phone call came from Mike Ashley it was a call from heaven. That is the way I saw it.” “It was a bolt from the blue, and I had to pinch myself. There was no way I could say no to it.”“I am honest enough to know I am very fortunate to be in this position.”

“I got it because no-one else wanted it, and I just have to get on with it.” “When my career is over I will be able to say I worked at Newcastle, with the best supporters in the world.”

“A team like Newcastle United should not be in the position it is in today.” “Two wins will change the situation, and it is up to me to bring out the best in the players.” “There is clearly a fear factor there, and I have never had that in the dressing room before.”

“In fact, in my time at Wimbledon, the place was always bubbling.” “Now what the Newcastle players need to do is to clear their minds and focus on the job.”

Joe is saying all the right things, and if he can back this up with some good results, then he’ll be a firm favorite with the fans, and will be remembered fondly for his short stay at the club.

We are really looking forward to the game at Everton on Sunday, and we know the fans will be there in their usual large numbers to give the lads the support they need. Make sure you give Joe the support he needs too.

A win on Sunday would be more than terrific.

• wigaz

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:53 PM

What a good bloke joe is! if this guy turns us around he deserves the job full time, although i dont think he’ll get it he would make a good addition to the board. At least if we did get someone like Moyes or bruce he’s older than them to start with & has more experience unlike a certain wobbley eyed lil prick we shall not name!!!!

• Luke

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:57 PM

“Joe Kinnear – Steven this is how you mark for a free kick”

With your arms up!? 😉

• NUFutureCowboy

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:01 PM

i dont like that red lipstick he’s got on…..dodgy.hehe

• xfer

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Luke, he is probably telling Steven the exact opposite. He is always defending with his arms up, and gives away needless freekicks and penalties away. He needs to learn fast.

• UTD111

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM

He’ll be judged on results but its important to say the right things too – I’m sure by now he knows we dont have a player called Jeremiah….
    Its good that he’s spotted lack of confidence has turned to fear in some players – but he seems to have a keegan-esque enthusiasm which should help him put that right. I don’t envy him the task though….

• bowburnmag

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM

“Lads, we just need some spirit – Stevie, if you just get on my back and then Xisco gets on yours, we’ll have a race with Micky Owen piggybacking Bassa and Joey on HIS back and whoever wins gets a day off. We used to do this all the time with Crazy Gang. Works a treat.”

• Steve_48

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:11 PM

He’s delusional if he think that

• maggpie

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:11 PM

“Told you he was a good guy”

What? Did you not hear him defending Wimbledon’s thuggery after every game? The guy has no class and is a foul mouthed yob.
    I saw him speak at an after dinner event years ago, and I’m as broad minded as the next person but he just came across as a crude and ignorant cockney spiv. He’s not very bright either, and can barely help putting his foot in it when he opens his mouth.
    Can’t stand the bloke, and I can’t understand why this increasingly sycophantic blog is sucking up to him. He’s rubbish and the sooner he goes the better. I will be amazed if he turns anything around but I will eat humble pie and give him credit if he does, and I hope that happens as the team is the most and only important thing.

• Born Again Geordie

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I hope he does well, it will be like having a squad of new players if he can get the confidence back!

• The legend Of Jonas

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Maggpie – Unfortunately, we need a bit of thuggery given the position we’re in, we need to fight like dogs..

I’m starting to warm to the guy.. He’s willing to step in and out and is comletely honest that he was something like 15th choice. I don’t give a flying f*** how we get results in the next few games, as long as we get them.

I would rather we stayed up playing scrappy football, than watch the team getting relegated by playing football ‘how it’s meant to be played’.

Only time will tell though, and I’m more than used to eating humble pie. I support Newcastle after all..

• murvar

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Truth is it’s too early to say whether he has or will have any effect on the situation at all. He claimed to have galvanised us with his team talk on Sat but in fact we were galvanised by the goal after 4 minutes, he can’t say it was him. Any more than I can say I galvaised the team by eating my half-time sarnie. If we get 18 points from the next 6 games with him in charge I will say it was an inspired appointment. Right now it looks like a desperation appointment. Prove me wrong Joe. And then clear off.

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Also teach zog how to pass the ball.greedy player

• Born Again Geordie

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Also teach ganiyu how to post something relevant – complete tw*t

• murvar

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:49 PM

And also teach Born Again Geordie to post something without resorting to insult and vilification.

• ed_speed

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM

evening ganiyu

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Ed speed evening.:-)

• micepie

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:57 PM

I always kind of imagine ‘Ed Speed’ looks like Kryton from Red Dwarf…

• mushy

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Howdy Y’all

Hey Murvar, I was reading another thread where you referred to the pterol bombing of the West Ham supporters in the East Paddock. I was sitting just above that incident in the (then) new East Stand; Scarry stuff. The bloke who got done for it used the defence in court, “I was sick of other teams supporters getting all the attention in the papers”.

• golden xisco

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:59 PM

and also keep mulvar from putting his nose in lol
    just a joke just had 2 add
    soz

• Pancho

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:01 PM

It’s refreshing to read Joe’s down to earth comments. I don’t rate him as a manager but he has built team spirit up wherever he’s managed and that’s what’s needed now, and fast.
    Good luck Joe, get us winning and leave with your head held high

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:03 PM

k k forever // Oct 1, 2008 at 12:16

RASKO FECK OFF AND GO AND SUPPORT UR PROPER TEAM PARTIZAN U MUPPET

KK forever……HAHAHAHAHAHA tou pathetic prick,don’t make me laugh.
    Is that the same team that made you cry 5 years ago when you lost on penalties.
    Listen to me you cockroach…atm i have 3 cars,3 girlfriends and why not 2 teams.
    I’m sure that at least 99% of the fans outside England support their local teams and have 1 team outside their country……mine is Newcastle.
    Now bugger off you lowlife scum.

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Ed harrison fc 442 formation
    Nando ganiyu-toonchicken-elfer-Murvar

Ed speed-kkforever-nickies butt-Hadji

Tombtoon-geodiejayne
    Bench-dan13,shola,smithy,hateprawn sandwhiches.

• mushy

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM

I’m not really surprised that folks on here are getting behind Joe Kinnear, it’s just symptomatic of the desperate plight we find ourselves in. The new manager would get just as much support if he was Adolph Hitler or Mr Bean.
    But come on…. Joe Kinnear…. I mean

• hitman

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM

mushy joe is here to help us,when no one else would,respect to the bloke

• ed_speed

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM

how is my favourite ganiyu?

• murvar

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Hi Mushy – yes it was a bad moment. Bloke lived in Benwell. But they were different days. On the Leazes end lads from different parts of town stood in their own crush barriers – Fenham, Scotswood, Kenton etc. If there were no opposition fans to fight, they’d start a scrap amongst themseves. Thank God for the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, I say.

• mushy

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Hitman – and for that much I truly am thankful.
    But do you think when things eventaully turn round that we should be aiming higher, much higher?

• ed_speed

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM

cannot wait for heroes ttonight.

regards,
    ed

p.s ‘mon the lads

• murvar

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Ganiyu – no place for Toonpipes? I’m on strike…

• mushy

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Murvar – was the petrol bomb thing a revenge attack for those blokes Stanley knifed outside The Travellers? or am I getting my incidents mixed up?

• hitman

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:15 PM

defo mushy,aim for van gaal,for me like

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Ed speed heros?

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:19 PM

He played the last match last night and scored an own goal.he must he with the reserves

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM

Ganiyu….Who was the MOTM in the last game for your fantasy team.

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Match facts
    Ed harrison fc 4 spurs 2
    Goals-kk forever,Hadji,og.dawson. Dan13 sub
    Goal-og.ed speed.lenon
    Bookings-tomb ton red card,nando yellow card,

• Dan13

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Woohoo
    I made bench:)
    I can be the star sub

• Dan13

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Wow
    I scored:D

• Ganiyu

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Man of the match-geodiejayne
    Reason-constant threat to spurs defense and provided assist.

• Dan13

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Haha Ganiyu
    you make me laugh:)

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Ganiyu….You can always trust the Red Lions from Macedonia.

1 2 3 9