Kinnear To Keep Fighting Journalists Inaccurate Reports

Joe Kinnear said he would keep fighting inaccurate press reports, if they continue to be written about him and the Newcastle team.

Joe Kinnear – has proved himself quite a character this week

Kinnear talked today about the things being written about him:

“I’m going to keep standing my corner. I’ve always had a competitive spirit and nothing ever gets me down but I’m not going to accept more of that rubbish bring written about me,”

“I’m as strong as an ox and as I’ve said before I’m going to keep fighting. It is not the first time I’ve faced adversity. Whatever was said or written, it was just more of the usual as far as I’m concerned. Surely it is in everyone’s interests for us to win a few games before I hand it over to the next manager?”

“The Everton game is much more important to me. I’m not one to make promises and they have a strong squad but if we approach the game with the right mentality then there is always a chance.”

Unfortunately Habib Beye is still not ready and will not even travel to Merseyside, so Kinnear will be forced into some defensive reshuffle, although it appears that Jose Enrique is ready to play, which is good news.

Of course Habib is our only specialized right back, put perhaps Sebastien Bassong, who’s looked good when he’s played can play there, although he’s a left sided defender.

Kinnear added:

“It’s obviously a big disappointment for us. He had one day’s training and I put the question to him but he said that it was far too early,”

“We will get him in shape for the Manchester City game instead but obviously we’re all disappointed because he’s such an important player for us.”

“I’ve heard so much about him and every time I have seen him play he looks like a class act. But there is no reason to rush him back for one game and risk him breaking down.”

Kinnear has worked on the defense and worked on the confidence of the side this week, and he seems delighted with how the players have responded. He’s also talked to the players a lot this week, and to us has shown terrific leadership and it looks also that captain Michale Owen has been a big help to both Joe and the team.

Kinnear will again talk to the lads this afternoon and we have to think tomorrow’s performance will be a key one if we are to pull away from relegation.

Joe added:

“What I’m looking for is a change of attitude from the players and some real belief in themselves,”

“We have got match winners, we have got people like Michael Owen who have made a habit of scoring important goals in big games and we’ve got people like Nicky Butt who are big players who’ve played in big games.”

“It’s a big test for us. They might have been beaten in the UEFA Cup but Everton are a good team and they have got a lot of top-class players.”

We are expecting a much improved display tomorrow from the lads, and if we can produce that, and lose but go down fighting that would be OK. However, we must start picking up points soon too.  Joe’s goal is when he leaves we are not in the relegation zone, and whoever the next manager is, will have a team with players both playing well and full of confidence.

If Joe can achieve that he will have done a great job for the club, and that will be remembered and appreciated by the fans.

• Toon Toon

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:05 AM

1st

• ds

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:08 AM

• Kevin nichol

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:25 AM

I like everything joe has said so far! From my point of view its the biased southern press who dont want to give him a chance! Lets all get behind joe as fans of nufc, he has come in where no1 else wanted to and if he can put abit of fight back into the players that will do for me! The 2nd half against blackburn was much improved from previous games and came about after joe had went in like a bull seen red at half time! It hurts me right now to see our club in this mess so lets all pull together!

• Charlie

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:28 AM

I like him. He is a strong character and will bust some balls. I would not be surprised to see us pull off something on the weekend

• Ericles

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:32 AM

I am impressed by Joe’s attitude about the insulting media. I wait to see how he works with the team – especially against Everton. I have something in common with the bloke – we have both had heart attacks. For a Geordie our NUFC is worth dying for so don’t blow another gasket Joe. You know we are all behind the team. Dennis the Menace will be keeping a low profile and Llambias will not set his sweaty feet in Liverpool.

• Toon_Ksk

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I’m just worried about the health of Joe. The media will keep coming at him, all out for revenge.

If he doesn’t keep his head cool, he could suffer another heart attack.

• Turkish magpie

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM

he’ll be under special care with our pysios maybe they’ll give him a free achillies injury!

• Guinea Mag

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Kinnear is a fighter, making a huge differance from the previous manager who has quit many of his previous posts……

Was dissapointed with Kinnear’s apointment initially but appears to be saying the right things at this time!

• MarK

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:06 AM

ahh crap sounds like nicky butt will be starting =(

• AO

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:14 AM

i see from newsnow that spurs slammed an article linking hughes with there managers job and the sun have now sacked the journalist who made it up. hopefully joe has set a precedent and all inaccurate stories will be flagged up and the journos responsible sacked.

• Punk Skunk

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM

AO,
    it would be nice if that happened…They are on the run…
    …Kill the press!..

…Don’t buy their trash!..