Joe Kinnear Has Taken The Pressure Off Players

Steven Taylor has told the Newcastle United official site that the arrival of Joe Kinnear has helped take the pressure off the Newcastle United players.

Joe Kinnear talks to Steven Taylor and Xisco

Taylor had a strong game for the team yesterday, and showed all the fight of a Geordie raised on Tyneside, and of course Steven scored one and made one a minute either side of the interval, to have a crucial impact on the game, after a so so start.

After the game, Taylor told nufcTV that Kinnear had given the lads a big lift over the past week:

“He has been fantastic on the training ground, been good with the lads and given everyone a lift,”

“He has taken the pressure off our shoulders and is a good man to work for.” “He’s a man’s man and we respect him.”

The England Under-21 skipper scored his first goal of the season with a great header just before half-time to put Newcastle right back in the game.

Taylor added:

“A goal near the end of the first half got us right back in the game,” “We were on a high and came out after half-time and equalized straight away.”

“The second-half performance from the lads was fantastic and we could’ve won it.” “It has been difficult for us and we have taken a lot of flak. We got a point and it is important to go on from here.”

It was a better game for Taylor yesterday, and indeed it was a better game for a lot of the lads, with Guthrie making an appreciable change in the middle of the field, and Charles N’Zogbia buzzing all game.

But we still put ourselves two goals in the hole, and from now on we have to start much more quickly, and the defense still has a ways to go to cut out the mistakes they continually make.

• Ausgeordie

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:05 AM

yay

• Rich Y

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:06 AM

seems we are heading in the right direction.

at last.

• Ausgeordie

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:08 AM

I’m sick of this pressure on the defence. Is every goal that goes in the fault of a defender?? The first one wasn’t. Lots of teams concede goals and its not the best but its the fault of the whole team. Each goal in for us and them comes down to the whole team 95% of the time. Bramble was our 5% on b on both fronts and he is gone so no more excuses. We need to start looking at the team as one unit not three and this means you too Ed.

• Oba one konobi

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:15 AM

I here this everytime a new manager comes in, gives us confidence, very good man manager, etc,etc. It shows to prove the accual damage KK has done to the players. I for one want to finally see the back of all this chopping and changing of owners and mangers. Hope these last few years has taught the NUFC faithfull that in the futere when times get hard DONT start calling for the managers head or SACK the board! Every year the same thing! If I was any of these owen, martins, taylor and co I would sit back think about my carrer as it has come to a stop every since they have signed. For there sake they should go! Look at Milner he must thick I am glad I put in a request, and like anyone in a job if one of your workmates move companies and is having fun in a stable environment you would quite quickly pack your bags and look for peace of mind. (I sure would!)

On another subject, I agree Xisco GB, but if Spurs was not doing so badly I do not know were KK would have left us.
    I personaly thick KK IS acting like a spoiled kid. In reality you buy a club worth OVER 1/4 billion. Would you HONESTLY trust KK to spend your hard wedge! I know I would shop around the world to find a modern manager with fantastic ideas that can spend my money wisely(forget the pun). If not I will need a structure in place so IF the manager goes I will not be left with expensive players that the next regime does not want. So I agree a bit with the continetal system exspesially when it comes to young players which KK seams to dislike.

• Ericles

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM

What was the 4th official doing asking a polis to make sure JK left the tunnel. JK is banned from the touchline and dugout. Why was this a matter for the police? Surely such matters are the priority of stewards and ground management at Everton. Typical ham fisted actions by referees.

• shiftay

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:32 AM

personally i think the first goal was our fault.

in the first half coloccini was being dragged to the ball far to often and it left taylor marking 2 at once

• Sav

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Most new managers come in with one or two ideas for new players – either ones they had at their old club of ones they had earmarked for the next opportunity.
    That’s a honeymoon thing. After that, for sustained success you need a top class scouting network with clear objectives and an exec. who can hop on a plane and get the deal done. Of course it has to become much much easier if you are persuading players to come to a successful club, starting with qualification for europe. That worked well under Keegan Part 1.

• Ericles

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I have just registered a complaint with the FA concerning the unwarranted behaviour of the 4th official at yesterday’s game. I protested that requesting Joe to leave the tunnel area by a policeman was unwarranted. This should have been the responsibility of the ground stewards and ground management. I protested that the 4th official was beyond his remit. Anyway Joe has a touchline ban not a tunnel ban. He was nowhere near the dugout and was not interefering with play. How many more times are these arrogant individuals going to pick on NUFC and its staff?

• Sav

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I know he didn’t see much of the ball but Owen didn’t look as fit or as eager yesterday as he has lately. Not a happy chap even before the announcement of the England squad.

• Toon_Ksk

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Agree with Ericles.

• rooks

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:28 PM

blimey Ericles let it go , spark up a bifta mate

• Punk Skunk

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Their 1st goal was offside in the build up, so it was the officials fault, now there’s a novelty!..
    …So, they shouldn’t have had a pen!..

…Good fight back by the Lads tho’, well done!..

…Toon, Toon!..

• Trimdontony

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Well Hull did it again. Maybe Joe should make Hull games must watch for our mid field until we also get 8/9 players behind the ball on most attacks on our goal. I am suprised Shay isn’t sending invitations to the midfield to attend on mass.