More Good News For Joe Kinnear


Good news today that Newcastle interim manager will not face any disciplinary action from the FA, for appearing in the tunnel 10 minutes before half time on Sunday.

Joe Kinnear – no action for him being in tunnel on Sunday

Joe has now served a two game ban for calling one of the match officials, Coco the Clown, while he was still at Nottingham Forest.

Joe had explained after the game that he couldn’t reach coach Hughton on his cell phone, and he desperately wanted to get Enrique out of the game. Joe said he had left the stand to pass on the instructions to substitute the struggling Enrique, who was returning from injury.

Joe had explained:

“That’s when I was running down to the tunnel. I couldn’t get the phone to work.” “Every time I was getting through to Chris, it was cutting out.”

“I dumped the phone and ran down. I was just shouting round the corner. I didn’t go on the pitch, so I don’t know why anyone is making anything of it.”

“I got the substitution sorted, and went back upstairs. I want to be on the bench. I want to see things and act quickly. Thankfully, it’s all over.”

That’s good news, so he’ll be on the line for the vital game against Manchester City In two weeks. There is still the little item of his foul-mouthed tirade last Thursday, so we don’t know if the FA will take any action on that.

He could justifiably be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

We’ll be glad to see Joe on the touchline form now on, because he has a good reputation for reading the game well, and being decisive in games, when it’s called for.

If we can get all 3 points against Manchester City, things will be flying again on Tyneside, that’s for sure.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

13 comments so far

  • Lost prophet

    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:03 AM

    Comment #1

    Against my better judgement I’m starting to like the bloke.

    0
  • ArtyH

    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:18 AM

    Comment #2

    Despite being in the shite as deep as we are, JFK is all we have got, so we better get behind him and the team. It would be great if he could get that Wimbledon feeling in the dressing room, and who knows a few wins may come.

    0
  • Punk Skunk

    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:19 AM

    Comment #3

    You can’t call slagging off the rags ‘disrepute’…
    …They are the epitome of disrepute!..

    …The crap they dole is ‘FOUL’!..

    …It’s a mans game, get over it!..

    0
  • ronjohno

    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:38 AM

    Comment #4

    He may well have been brought in against what we thought was our better judgement and I have to admit I fell into this category.
    Regardless of what happens I shall try not to prejudge people again because at the end of the day I knew very little about him and was not even prepared to give him a chance mainly because I thought here was just another “crony”,
    I said last week that although the language was over the top I totally agreed with his sentiments and it is about time someone fought back against the press whether in sport or general life because they get away with far too much.
    As for the possibility of the FA and the LMA getting involved then the mind boggles. They would not dare go against Ferguson for instance. It should be asked who is responsible for controlling journalists when they are out of order. They can print whatever they like and from what I can tell always get away with it unless it is against a big celebrity or corporation who can afford to sue. Once something is printed it is there for good and even when an apology is made it is usually hidden in the middle of the paper in a small paragraph- in any case the damage is already done.

    0
  • Will

    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:49 AM

    Comment #5

    It’s only fair he didn’t receive a punishent as he was concerned for Enrique. How else was he going to transmit his concern if the bench haven’t noticed?

    Good for you Joe!

    0
  • Whumpie

    Oct 7, 2008 at 12:12 PM

    Comment #6

    Thank god he only called the journo an “f**ing slimey c***”. If he’d called him anything to do with circuses, he’d be banned for life according to FA logic.

    Perhaps he’ll escape on a lack of evidence that his description of the journo was anything but succinct and accurate, whereas the linesman at Forest wasn’t wearing a red nose or big shoes.

    Sorry. Bored at work. Odd sense of humour.

    0
  • Spitfire

    Oct 7, 2008 at 12:41 PM

    Comment #7

    Joe has been a breath of fresh air – the only one coming out of SJP since Keegan left. Whether he succeeds or fails all credit to him. He is a character, he could be a hero -and thats what we need. Someone we can get behind and support. Until we have heroes on the pitch we need one off the pitch.

    0
  • Ericles

    Oct 7, 2008 at 1:03 PM

    Comment #8

    Still think the copper was wrong to intervene. Nothing to do with the polis. Responsibility of officials and ground security. Just wait until we bring in Vinnie Jones as entertainments officer. Cannot see what JK did wrong. If he took a risk then fair play – shows he really tried to stand by the team on the pitch.

    0
  • Paul

    Oct 7, 2008 at 1:12 PM

    Comment #9

    The Newcastle bidding deadline has just been extended, so it looks like Kinnear will be here for a bit longer than expected.

    0
  • TOONPIPES

    Oct 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM

    Comment #10

    Hes class! .. im finding it really refreshing to hear a bloke who clearly is so utterly overjoyed to be working for NUFC fighting for HIMSELF and even more importantly for NUFC … Watch him go i say .. he will drag these lot up by the shirts … he might get it wrong but he will literally DIE trying .. which is what we all want from the guy in charge of the team that brings us so much joy and SADNESS! …..

    0
  • TOONPIPES

    Oct 7, 2008 at 1:58 PM

    Comment #11

    Paul …. it will carry on being extended .. NO ONE will be buying this club in the near future .. not a chance .. Everton and Tottenham are also both open to bids .. considering that is an 8th of all the PL clubs, would say could be considered a buyers market – much as it is everywhere ….. considering this and the fact that MA will not take a loss, means the club aint goin to be sold ..

    0
  • Paul

    Oct 7, 2008 at 9:56 PM

    Comment #12

    Toonpipes, it is a very good opportunity on paper with a good potential for income as football clubs go. However I know what you mean as Newcastle has big problems with it’s insurgent supporters. Someone could put £300 million in the place only to find Keegan dictating that he wants to return, then the whole ridiculous ‘bedsheet’ cycle starts all over again unless they accede to his demands. Potential owners will be hostages to fortune just like Ashley until Keegan is off the scene for good.

    0
  • Steve

    Oct 7, 2008 at 10:07 PM

    Comment #13

    Im certain Joe will do very well for the toon, he is a very likeable honest guy who will die for you guys. Really hope the Toon army get behind him and give him the support. He is a quality manager.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.