Kinnear Looking Forward To Getting in Dugout

Joe Kinnear is looking forward to being on the touch line for our next game against Manchester City, which will a very tough test.

Joe Kinnear – supervising training with the lads

Joe is nothing if not enthusiastic, as it’s obvious he just loves the game of football, and of course is very anxious to get right back into it, so he sees the challenge at Newcastle as an opportunity to prove what he can do.

It’s good that his forte is the same as Kevin Keegan’s, in that he is an excellent man manager, and can coax the very best out of the players at his disposal.  It will be interesting just how well he can do at Newcastle, because these are the best players he’s ever worked with, and he had very little money at Wimbledon to bring in top players.

Joe talked about getting back in the dugout today:

“I’m looking forward to getting back into the dugout against Man City. It was frustrating being stuck in the stand against Everton because it was difficult to get my message across.”

“I felt detached from it all and I like to be hands on in everything I do, whether it’s in training or on a match day.” “As a manager you spot things in a game and you need to change things around, but it is much harder to do when you’ve got to use the telephone to do it. I got exasperated in the end and had to go down.

“I kept losing the reception and in the end I just needed to pass on a few instructions directly. It wasn’t anything major, but I’ll be much happier when I can communicate directly with the players from my technical area. I think they will probably prefer it as well.”

We remember from Joe’s days at Wimbledon that he’s an effective manager from the dugout, and not afraid to change things around on the pitch to get the result.

It may be that Kinnear’s tenure at Newcastle will turn out longer than first envisaged since there’s a possibility the sale of the club may be delayed because of the credit crunch in the markets.   Of course that doesn’t stop somebody coming in with a cash sale, but that’s very unlikely.

As long as Joe can turn the side around and get the lads playing well, a little delay will not hurt too much, but we also need new owners in, certainly before the January transfer window opens up.

• Baldynapper

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:07 AM

How can JK have served a 2 match ban when he didn’t take charge until the monday after the blackburn game and we’ve only played the Toffee’s since then??????

• Who is Derek Llambias?

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM

team to face city, at least if I were picking it.

given

beye collocini taylor bassong

Jonas butt guthrie n’zogbia

Duff
    owen

and just run at the bastards!!!

• Waddle's mullet

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM

One down four to go.
    Tony jimenez has left the club

• ToonRich

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Perhaps JK can be our version of Mourinho!! He was never scared to make tactical switches to change a game…even in the first half!

• samthecat

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Dennis hanging on for another months pay.

• Micky Toon

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:28 AM

ToonRich – That would sum us up to a t. We have all the bad bits of Mourinho and none of the good bits.

• Micky Toon

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I get confused these days, too many people at the club. Is Jiminez the bad guy or is that Vetre?

I’m not sure who I should be directing my bile at these days. 😉

• Estechco

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Waddle’s mullet: Just posted a near identical post, but the site seems to have chomped it.

Think it’s actually only 3 more to go. Would be happy to give Vetere more time?

• irish_al

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I was thinking the same baldynapper

depends on whether he was actually in charge but we just left it to houghton as he didn’t have time to get to know the players before the match

we’ll have to see how it unfolds

• ToonRich

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM

lol, bit harsh there Micky Toon!! But I see where you’re coming from 😀

• JMC

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM

jimenez gone~! just wise and dezza now and we can start fresh~!

• Waddle's mullet

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Vetere wise Lamb madras and ashley.
    Jimenez was the ahole with lamb madras when keegan walked from the meeting

• TTID

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Tony Jiminez, your legacy at nufc will always be remembered!!

You done sweet FA for us!!!!

Now for the bonk eyed dwarf, the fat controller and the Casino boss………..

Hope you boys enjoyed milking the cash cow in the short time you were here!!

SPYRO(Stardust), Pipes and cluckers, boater goater clinta jonas TT (The fifa 98 boy) please dont cry, I am sure you will do your fair share of arse kissing when the next lot arrive!! 😉

• C'mon you Spurs

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM

It’s being reported in London that Comolli has been sacked and that Wise will be replacing him, could it be that Jimenez is also joining.

I know there’s been a lot directed towards Ashley but do you guys rate Jimenez for whats he done

• C'mon you Spurs

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Wise and Jimenez are joing Spurs to replace Comolli, can’t do any worse!

• DanToon

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:57 AM

By the time we paly scumderland (the IRA) we should have a half decent squad…

………………….Given

Baye Colloccini Bassong Enrique

..Jonas Barton Guthrie N’Zogbia

…………………….Duff

……………….Owen

Subs: Harper, Taylor, Butt (for Barton 70 mins), Geremi, Xisco, Cacapa, Donaldson.

Out poorly: Martins, Gonzalez

Never play again> Smith, Viduka, Ameobi.

We will kill the Mackem’s… even Chopra scored!!!

• Chris F

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:59 AM

well the rat’s are starting to jump ship.

come on dennis, do the honourable thing and walk the plank.

oh and micky toon, afaik, Vetere is just a scout, and is only employed by the club on a part time basis, Wise and jiminez were the two actively involved in player recruitment, not him.

• ToonEskimo

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Regarding Martins being poorly, I have it on good advice the medical team can find nothing wrong with him…….any thoughts boys and girls?

• Hugh Jorgan

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Hasta luego Tony Jimenez !

• Ed Dub

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:25 PM

• DP

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Toon Eskimo, I have heard the same thing from a few people in and around the club. Apparently he refused to go for an x-ray, the knee was slightly swollen after the spuds game, and he’s just used it as an excuse since. I think wor oba want’s out. I hope not though.

• Ppitstop

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:30 PM

It just shows how you can not trust the present set up a NUFC as they said that Joe was not in charge for the Blackburn game but his name was on the teamsheet hence how that counts as his 1st game.

• xisco biscuits

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:37 PM

suppose theres two ways of looking at the jimenez thing…

1 – we have no intention of attempting to sign anyone in january if ashley is still here, therefore jimenez has no role

or 2 – the sale is further along the line than any of us know…

• Scotty nine

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Just one little F**king Dwarf and specky smug bastard to go then Ash can walk too.

• shearernine

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:41 PM

This makes me think that a deal maybe further down the river then we think.

one constortium that i sort of know said that they would only play ball if there was a fully clean plate so they could bring in there own people with out a massive compo bill to pay first.

• Andreas

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Hasn´t Oba faked injuries before trying to get out of playing for nigeria??? I smell a fish!

• Scot Lithgow

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Jimenez going could be a sign that next up is Wise then Mike says no one offered enough cash. I have got rid of 2 of the issues that Keegan had and I am staying with Kev coming back?

• Baldynapper

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Dwaf is a bit rough! Vertically challenge piece of cockney scum is at least a bit more politically correct!!!!!! :-0

• rooks

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:52 PM

“he is an excellent man manager, and can coax the very best out of the players at his disposal”

sorry Ed, what is this based on ?

I’m willing to give the guy the benfit if the doubt and all that but as far as I can see Kinnears’ management “style” seems to consist of giving people bollockings & swearing a lot.

mind you I’m happy for Shola to get his trousers set on fire each week Crazy Gang stylee (or a better a still a rocket up his arse)

• toonoot

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:02 PM

All we seem to talk about these days is the owner, the execs and the manager. I wish we could just talk about the players and the next opposition.

When will this end?

• Victor Meldrew

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Have you tried rehab? 🙂

• Xsico golden boot

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:05 PM

I think oba been out of sorts since his mam died maybe he has depression. nice to see the shite jumping maybe we have a buyer and they have said no thanks to MA men

• Victor Meldrew

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:07 PM

The rehab jibe was aimed at toonoot!

• toonoot

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM

“no, no, no”

• ToonEskimo

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:20 PM

you guys……

• bowburnmag

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Despite wanting to believe he’ll get the best out of them I’m not totally convinced his approach will necessarily work with more gifted players. His approach is ‘seige mentality’, grit and determination and rough and ready. I’m not so that I think we have a right to expect beautiful football and if it works it works but whether he has the right characters at his disposal remains to be seen.

• bowburnmag

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Addendum to previous post – “I’m not so….”. I was looking for the appropriate word but forgot to go back and add it. Fill in the blank…..

• Ganiyu

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Carl finnigan

• TOONPIPES

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Noo Bowburn mag …. well at the moment its mebs what is needed – stickin a fireckarcker up ther a ss !!

• TOONPIPES

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:13 PM

TTID – who are you anyway ?! … i have no idea exactly what part Tj has played and have not made a specific comment about him as such on this blog – therefore you comment is unfounded … I have shown some anti-keegan walking comments and i do blv that MA ideas were good although i have never said he has done amazing …….. Anayway, going back to TJ, my ustanding was that he had a particular knowledge of the spanish league and we have secured 2 top Argentine internationals and Xisco, who remains untried – well at least i dont think he has had enuff time to judge him, and i would suspect that others were offered to Kev who rejected them … he obvs did SOME good things as we can see Collicini and Guitirez playing on the pitch as evidence ……. and we dont really know how else he performed .. so it becomes conjecture .. basically what are you on about ?