Newcastle United have issued a statement saying that Player Recruitment Executive Tony Jimenez has today left the club.
The official statement said:
NEWCASTLE United can today (October 9) confirm that Tony Jimenez has left the Club.
Tony, who was appointed Vice-President (Player Recruitment) in January, has made the decision in order to pursue other interests.
Newcastle United thanks Tony for all of his hard work and efforts and wishes him every success in the future.
So the clear out has begun, but we still hope we can have some talented recruitment personnel, whose job it is to scout for new players, and to look for the top up and coming youngsters.
We don’t think there was anything wrong with the structure at the club, just as long as the manager had the last word on players – on who could leave and who he wanted in. It looks like that didn’t work under this structure, but we still think there wouldn’t have been the problems we’ve had if Chris Mort had still been the Chairman.
Chris was a straight shooter and had already told Newcastle fans Kevin had the final say on players, and he would not have allowed bringing in players behind Kevin’s back. Of course we still don’t know what exactly happened that made Kevin walk out.
Don’t be surprised if Dennis Wise is the next to leave, although with the huge salary he’s getting, he probably wants to delay that as long as he can. But once the new manager is hired under the new owners, he will leave then – at the latest.
What do you think?
Comments welcome, but please keep them decent – thanks.