Gutierrez – Joe Is A Great Boss And I Love Newcastle

Jonas Gutierrez is fit for Manchester City on Monday night and he talked to the Journal today and said what a great manager Joe Kinnear is.

Jonas Guttierrez – fit for Monday night    😀

This is what Jonas told the Newcastle Journal today:

“I do not regret moving here to Newcastle at all,” “It was a surprise what happened with Kevin Keegan and I was sad to see him go. The results were going well so it was surprise that the manager left but we are players and we must play well for Joe now.”

“I like Joe, he is a good manager and I think he will help us to get out of the bottom three. We should not be there because we are a better team than that. We shouldn’t think about the past, we have to think about the future and getting up the Premier League table.”

“I have only thought about football since I have been here. I don’t really understand what has happened at the club and it is difficult to talk about it. I prefer to only think about the football and nothing more, because I do not know about the reasons for the changes.”

“I am enjoying it very much. I love the city, I love the place and it is ideal for me. I know that I have come to a big team and I want to be here for a long time.”

Gutiérrez didn’t know much about Joe Kinnear when he was appointed as the interim manager and he read up on his new boss, and the good news is that Jonas is impressed with the former Wimbledon manager.

Jonas added:

“I think he is a great boss. We have to listen to him, to do what he wants and to be with him as long as he is here,”

“We don’t know what will happen but for us it would be very good if we had a manager until the end of the season. It’s good for the team to have a manager that will finish the season but we don’t know what will happen.”

“What I have to do is play football and play as well as I can for the manager that we have now.”

That’s a surprising statement, but a good omen for the team and for Joe, who is doing his utmost to turn our club around.

Joe is very like Keegan in that he is a great motivator, and an excellent man manager, and it’s already showing through that the players are a lot more settled and much happier now, and can begin to play their best on the field.

And Gutiérrez is pleased to be making his return in front of the great  Toon Army at St James’ Park this coming Monday evening:

“I have been made to feel very welcome by the supporters,” “They are very important for us – we need them to be with us.”

“I have said that since I’ve been here the fans are fantastic – we go to Manchester, they are there and wherever we go they are there. It has been frustrating and it is even worse when you have just started with a football club.”

“But it happened and I am thinking only about the future now. I just want to play again and hopefully I won’t have another problem like this.”

Great words from Jonas, and we have some really mature lads in the squad, which has good quality even though it’s far too small.

Things are looking up at Newcastle and we have Gutierrez, Ignacio Gonzales, Habib Baye and Andy Carroll all back for selection on Monday night, and then Joey Barton will become available. And who knows even Mark Viduka may become available sooner than we think.

The two week international break will be helping Joe get the lads together, and we cannot wait for Monday night, and we have to hope the lads will put on as good display for the fans and get some points.

If we can do that Newcastle will be buzzing again.

• lesh

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Good man Jonas, a star.

• 51times

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM

A Key player for us, good to see him back.

• Born Again Geordie

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Jonas – welcome back son !!! We have missed you !!!

Bring on Monday – 3 -1 to the toon !!!!

• Scott

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM

At least the players a showing a united front unlike the dark days under Ruud Gullit

• sirjasontooon

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Seems like the vibes are good,love jonas and think he will get better and better.

Love to beat city on monday.

• sirjasontooon

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Gotta watch this video of shola it’s hilarious : )

• ginkoh

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM

He’s Legend!

• Tom_Toon

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:41 AM

hahah, Shola, I kinda fell sorry for him.

The only people still injured are Sodeberg, Ngo Baheng and Smith!

• JJ

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:03 PM

During the Sir Bobby era there were three players I just couldnt understand why they were in the team as they were so obviously terrible.

1 Shola Ameobi
    2 Andy O’Brien
    3 Titus Bramble

How on earth any managers could possibly think that these guys were going to make it at this level was a joke.
    Not even the championships teams want Ameobi.

– No finish, no first touch, no pace, no skill, no heading ability and no brain…

Watching that vid did just point out how brilliant big Al was to even play next to him.

• ryan peacock

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM

jonas is god! hope he stays for a long time!

• Shearerbliss

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Things sound like they are on the up! I think Oba and Viduka are still out. But the team is getting stronger by the day!

• IndiaMag

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:12 PM

• Tom_Toon

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Ye and Viduka

• Punk Skunk

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Get stuck in ther Jonas!..
    …Legend in the makin’!..

…On the Shola thing: while i’m not a fan, per se, i think you’ll find that he set Shearer up excellently for his record breakin’ goal (clever back-heal) &
    for Shearers best ever goal (everton volley, with a deft header)…So he has contributed a few things!..

• samthecat

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Shola was a good back up with Lua for Shearer/Bellamy-he also played games under Roeder when he was injured and shouldnt have played but he has gone backwards and will never improve now.
    Bobby bought Bramble and Viana-that i suppose was the beginning of the end for him.

• Marty-TOON RISING

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Jonas has a great character.Love that he is a real Pro in saying they are the players and just get on with playing well for the new manager…….

• Marty-TOON RISING

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Shola has actually a lot of skill but we have not seen it very often.
    Rooney went a long time without scoring but when a striker at NUFC doesn`t score in 3games it`s sell sell sell he is crap.
    Typical us with players and managers,no wonder this club has no Stability.Its because of us the fans.
    I understand that Shola is not a scratch on Rooney but he has plenty of skill but has not been quality enough to show it on te field,he has been clumsy-STAGE FRIGHT all the time i guess

• Punk Skunk

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:30 PM

& tbh Marty, he hasn’t had manygames since he came back from injury, has he?..

…& y’right, we write players/coaches off far too quickly sometimes…

• Ausgeordie

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:46 PM

He seems to have the same attitude as Martins…doesn’t he. Eager and well spoken to a fault and seems to love the club. Go on Jonas!!!!

• Ausgeordie

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:47 PM

With that attitude ask him where he wants to play and play him there

• It Could Be Worse, We Could Be Spurs! (DC)

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM

India…check back on here right before KO and someone usually posts a link 😉

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:09 PM

“Guys!! I’m from India and there isn’t a live telecast for the match against man city. Any idea about where i can watch it live online??”

IndiaMag, try

http://mymoneytips.co.uk or http://www.justin.tv

There are others too. You may need sopcast, TV ants or something like that installed though.

• Ally

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Jonas is a star!!!!

• Turkish magpie

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:21 PM

has any1 seen this?

look at the bottom 2 paragraphs in the mallorca claims bit
    worrying news:(

• Punk Skunk

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM

He left under ‘article 17’…So, i don’t see how they could win…
    …If he wasn’t allowed to leave…Then why did they let him go?..