Jonas Hoping To Be Fit For Monday

Argentine international Jonas Gutierrez is hoping to be fit enough to face Manchester City and their Brazilian ace Robinho on Monday night.

Robinho – Brazilian at St. James’ next Monday

Jonas is relishing the potential encounter with his fellow South American, but first he has to get himself fit enough to play in that game.

Gutierrez cracked his clavicle while on international duty with his country in the game with Peru, and is expected to wear a support cast during his comeback.

Jonas is well aware of the potency of Robinho, having played against him in the Argentine Brazil games, which are always rather hostile in nature, between South America’s best two sides.

Jonas said today:

“Robinho is just one player and one player does not make a team.” “He is a world-class performer. But we have to focus on our big-name players.”

“We can’t stand in awe of one player.” “I hope I will be fit for Manchester City.” “If not, I definitely expect to be back for Sunderland.”

“I loved working with Kevin Keegan, but working with Joe Kinnear is also good.” “He is different, but in a good way.”

“Now I just want to get back playing again after my injury.”

Gutierrez is back in training after his long lay off and has been joined in training by Habib Beye, Oba Martins, Andy Carroll and our very promising 18 year-old Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar, who have bolstered the Newcastle squad.

There’s no doubt things are on the way up on the playing side, and with Keith Harris saying he expects to complete the sale of Newcastle by early December, there’s absolutely no reason to stay away from St. James’ Park.

Let’s support the lads, and Joe Kinnear – big time – and it’s still possible to have a good season and qualify for Europe next season- that must continue to be our goal, after an absolutely horrific first 6 league games of the season, where we picked up just 4 points, and those were in the first two games, while Keegan was still here.

That’s water under the bridge now, and we must get down to the task of capturing every point we can from now on, and that’s why Joe Kinnear is so important to us this season.

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:54 PM

We’ll have to play VERY well to get a result.

• dave v

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Lets hope our new owners wish to develop the club into a product,( l am sad to us that word but unfortunately football is now big business.)that is exciting enough to be viewed regularly in Asia, China, Middle East or the USA.
    We would have a top team, but how many will be able to afford a season ticket?

• Sun'lun's Burnin'

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Not sure if people know about this website but it sells footy shirts at 6.99 a pop and its about £8 postage so you pay 14.99 for a footy top and u get free name and numbering. They have recently started selling our purple away kit if anyone is interested

Me and my mates have already bought a fair few and i was worried about them being fake before hand but they arnt im pretty sure of that. everyone i know that has bought from the site all agree they are deffo real!

Bargain!

• Punk Skunk

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Nice one sunlun’s burnin’!..

• AndrewNUFC

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Im looking foward to the Man City game, if we have Jonas back i rekon me might win.

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM

SPAM!

• newcastle29

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:02 PM

3 Sun’lun’s Burnin’ // Oct 15, 2008 at 14:01

Bargain!

EEERR NO THEY ARE NOT!

i know a few people who have used it and they say the shirts are FAKE!

so are you just SPAMMING?

• lesh

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:03 PM

re Paul @ #1,

looking on the bright side, Man C may have a stinker and give us a result too!!

• Toon_Ksk

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Let’s hope Butt is not playing

• Sun'lun's Burnin'

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:12 PM

im not spamming!! i dont even know what spamming is!?!?! but if u mean im advertising my own site im not cos ther from the middle east or summin!! i av nowt to do with them!

@ newcastle29 – i have seen alot of footy tops from this site, one of my mates ordered 7 last month. I dont believe they are fake at all, they have those rubber seal things at the bottom that say official merchandise blah blah blah and all come with their tags and all of the printing aint like the fake printing u get abroad in tat shops its the real deal! looks class, exactly how they are on the site. Last week i ordered an AC home top with Pato on the back,the Marseille away top and an atletico madrid home top with Aguero on back. Gonna get toon away now!

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:21 PM

looking on the bright side, Man C may have a stinker and give us a result too!!

Certainly hope so lesh! That Robinho doesn’t look like he’s having problems settling in though, he’s starting to link well with SWP, and there’s Jo and the rest. No defensive mistakes from the lads I hope!

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Big apology Sun’lun’s Burnin’ if you’re not spamming, you have posted here for a while I notice. However that message looked exactly like the slick sales patter in the spam messages that ruins lots of other blogs and forums.

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:34 PM

‘ruin’ rather.

• Spidey

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Paul, I have to admit I am not terribly convinced by City. Robinho is irratic to say the least. When he wants he, he is incredible, but more often than not he fades away. Not sure about Jo either, looks rather slow so far, doesn’t seem to justify that huge price tag over his head.

And SWP, well he has pace but more often than not he doesn’t play with his head, just head down and runs, his passing can often be poor.

For me the one to watch is Elano, always punsihes when e lose concentration. I agree, we will have to be sharp, as we would for any game. But we shoulnd’t fear City, currently they have more hype than skill, oh and money…

• Paul

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Yes Spidey, a little bit erratic maybe but a good start nonetheless. Spot on about Elano, I should have mentioned him. Our defence will have to 100% for the whole game though, and we’ll have to stick a few in too, because I have the feeling that they will score.

• Spidey

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Yes, he has had a good start, can’t take that away from him. And yes, 100% or we will be punished. I would like to see Bassong start, very skilled youngster and looks both controlled and confident on the ball. Also has the pace to handle their front guys. Where he starts depends on if Beye is fit.

And yes, we must attack, cannot hope to defend the whole game, especially since Elano seems to notch up a contender for goal of the season everytime we play them.

• Alex

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:57 PM

If we are sharp and get in amongst them from the kickoff i don’t think they will fancy it . They have some very talented individuals but am not sure that Jo or Robinho can handle the physical battles . 2-0 the Toon , Owen will get both goals .

• Lokes

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Ed,
    I think we have 5 points now
    3 from Bolton and 2 from Man utd and Everton.
    Simple maths eh?

• Lokes

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Sry, ignore my last comment.

• Tom

Oct 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Kadar is back? Excellent!!

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:06 PM

sun’luns burnin-you sure they’re real mate?
    As far as our away kit goes, they’ve only got it in M and XL, so maybe they’ve just fallen off the back of a van? lol
    Also, in the pictures of our shirt, the stitching of the adidas logo looks sketchy to say the least.
    but if you’ve baught from there and you’re satisfied then fair enough!

• Brazilian Geordie

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Oh no, Robinho is shite men!

I hate him, and I can assure all you that most people also do. He doesn’t have respect for his clubs or even international team. All he wants is to get money, and more, be always in the midia, giving interviews. HATE U ROBINHO!

I thought being in an english forum would make me out of brazilian ‘beauty way of play’ stuff – that I hate indeed – but it didn’t happened.

Kick and rush rules! Robinho sucks.

• Brutooooon

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:01 PM

thefootballshirt.com sell fake shirts, its base is from thailand but its a first grade products.

i bought some of the shirts there, but for NUFC i WONT bought the fake one.

A draw for the mancity game

• sirjasontooon

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Brazilian Geordie:

Robinho Rocks fella..if we stopped liking footballers because of money we would have no teams to support.

He is a class act,took no time at all to adjust to the prem and is a great player.

p.s Geordie refers to a regional nickname for a person from the Tyneside region/Newcastle England, or to the dialect of English spoken by these people.

• Brazilian Geordie

Oct 16, 2008 at 1:46 AM

But man, I still think football is tradition. And, in Robinho’s case, he is shite. He just run run run and nothing. Even his ‘pedaladas’ is shite. People in Brazil also don’t like much he style, because he just don’t look for the goal, just for himself and his abilities.

PS: Oh look, but ‘Geordie’ also is also used to refer for the NUFC supporters isn’t it?!

And uh, I’d like if you can answer me some questions…

Have the Geordies some rivalry with people, clubs or anything of London? Because I always heard ‘cockney mafia’, ‘spuds’ or it’s just occasional?

And is true that England has a big rivalry with Scotland. Because since Dunga has take over the job in Brazil, I have been supporting Scotland, a national team that I have ever liked indeed, and I’d like to know that. And by the way, Iwelumo is also shite.

Even in Brazil he has bit of fame:

• ELFER

Oct 16, 2008 at 10:47 AM

As more water runs down the tyne I must admit that it would be a huge huge mistake to bring back KK!! He left us alone, no way back. Past is there to be memorised, but we should go on towards the future now!!

• Paul

Oct 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM

“Have the Geordies some rivalry with people, clubs or anything of London? Because I always heard ‘cockney mafia’, ’spuds’ or it’s just occasional?”

I think it’s regionalism more than pure club rivalry Brazilian Geordie. Some (not all) fans of London clubs used to do pathetic things like wave their wallets at us because they think that we are all poor, unemployed whippet owners and stuff like that, so some Geordie fans respond in an equally silly manner. There’s also the idea that the mostly London based english media have a downer on us as well, which adds to the ill feeling sometimes. Our biggest club rivalry has been, and always will be with the tramps down the road at Sunderland. Somewhat ironically, our wisecracks about the Sunderland lot are often very similar to the ones the London fans make against us! We’re not huge fans of the ‘smoggies’ in Middlesborough either, which is just more of the usual local rivalry, but Sunderland are ALWAYS enemy number one.

“And is true that England has a big rivalry with Scotland. ”

Scotland have a very big rivalry with England because of past history, but England doesn’t have a much of a rivalry with Scotland anymore, because we see them as something of an irrelevance in football terms nowadays. The rivalry was much stronger in the past, when Scotland had some great players, generally much stronger teams and they used to have many more ‘home internationals’ between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As bad as England have been in the past few years, Scotland have never been much of a threat to us since their heydays in the dim and distant past.

Hope this answers your questions Brazilian Geordie!

• Brazilian Geordie

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Oh, that was really thoughtful Paul, thanks man. I’m bit shy and I stopped to ask some questions here because I really don’t know exatly if people don’t like me here because am not english or because they think I’m pretending.

But I’m not, I live in city called ‘Cordeiro’, Rio de Janeiro state, and I indeed have also had a chat with one of this blog readers’ called Joseph.

By the way, my history teacher told me that there’s one guy in my town that came from Liverpool. Cool.

One day I intend to go to England, especially to the North East, how about go to St. James’. Hehe, but that’s just a dream that I have. And oh, people in Brazil seems just surprised with my feelings about Newcastle and always says: ‘You’re crazy man!’

• 4rm the pearl of Africa

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Samba Geordie,people say ur crazy 4 following the toon? Ask me bout that. im stark raving mad because im a magpie in Kampala Uganda.they cant understand why i support Newcastle.But hey,i guess the black n white just flows in our veins.
    I also dream of visiting SJP,and i will even if it means using my life savings.

Howay the toon

• Paul

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:15 PM

“I’m bit shy and I stopped to ask some questions here because I really don’t know exatly if people don’t like me here because am not english or because they think I’m pretending.”

Glad to help Brazilian Geordie. There are always a few idiots on any blog, just ignore them if they have a go!

• Brazilian Geordie

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Hehe, Uganda’s boy, you must be feeling the same I am at the moment. And oh, as I live in Rio state, people really don’t believe why I do support a foreign club, also because Rio represents much tradition in football, and have such great clubs. Like Flamengo for example.

But I’ll be ok even if it takes time for me to visit St. James’ Park. Hope so, because Newcastle is driving me crazy with this turmoil.

And thanks again Paul.