Gutierrez – I Love The City Of Newcastle

Gutierrez is fit to play tonight against Manchester City, but it may be a little early for Joe Kinnear to put him in the starting line-up.

Jonas Gutierrez – anxious to play tonight

But Jonas wants to play tonight and that may sway Joe to at least have him as a substitute, and play him at some time during this important game.

Jonas talked today:

“I think the team is desperate to play after the way we came back from 2-0 down against Everton,” “It was very good for morale.”

We have 5 points from 7 games right now and are second bottom after Stoke’s win over the woeful Tottenham side yesterday at Stoke. This poor start has put Newcastle into the relegation zone but a win tonight can lift us above Everton on goal difference into 16th place, and only 2 points from mid-table, which would look a lot better.

Jonas continued:

“It is a surprise we’re in the bottom three because we have a very good team and very good players,” “We have to leave that position as soon as possible. It is important we get a win on Monday and I am confident we will.”

“I like playing in the Premier League very much. It was my dream to play in England and in English football. A lot of people have said to me my game and my way of playing would suit English football.”

“I like English football more than Spanish football. I am enjoying it very much. I love the city, I love the place and it is ideal for me. I know I have come to a big team and I want to be a long time here.”

Gutiérrez’s only competitive game at St James’ Park was the August 23rd win over Bolton Wanderers, and he was very pleased with the fans during that game. That was our only win of the season in the league. Jonas continued:

“I have been made to feel very welcome by the supporters,” “They are very important for us. We need them with us. The fans are fantastic. We go to Manchester, they are there, wherever we go they are there.”

Well he’s right there.

Comments very welcome.

• Legs

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM

what a guy.

• selly no skill

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:52 AM

if he’s fit to play ed why wouldnt we play him.if he’s not quite ready and not worth a risk he’s not fit is he.common sense.

• bri

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:08 AM

play the lad tonight from the start and when he tires take him off ,hes a great player for us an more importantly a great player for the fans. if we see him start the game tonight it will give us the fans a great boost and would boost the atmosphere,COME ON LADS.

• Steve_48

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:08 AM

No messing about on the bench, get him on from the first whistle, we need some pace in tonight from the off.

• Ausgeordie

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Get him out there!!!

• ryan peacock

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:26 AM

oh gutierrez!!!!! my team for tonight!

given
    beye
    taylor
    coloccini
    bassong
    jonas
    butt
    guthrie
    nzogbia
    duff
    xisco

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Jonas looks like one of those French musketeers
    🙂

My favorite player atm in the Toon

• thelongshanks

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:32 AM

The man is a class act!

• Tom_Toon

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Jonas = Triathlete who is very good at football.

• irish_al

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I want to see Jonas rapidly climb the table for assists as he did last year supplying the ammunition for Daniel Guiza

Guiza moved to fenerbache this summer who are having a rather poor start to the season, might be worth trying to get him on loan (or cut-price deal) in january, he seems keen to return to spain but maybe we could tempt him with a move to rejoin his old team mate???

• Ant

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:23 PM

An absolute class act on the pitch and one of those players you know you’ll tell the kids about.

It’s nice when you see these lads come in (Jonas, Guthrie) and you see them give everything they have for the club and have no regrets or hangups from where they’ve come from.

He wants to be here a long time? He needs to be here a long time. He’s a difference maker and can make any defender look daft and inexperienced (dominated Ferdinand and Brown at Man U)

No question…A thoroughly top bloke and unquestionably top player.

HERE’S TO YOU JONAS SON!

• Marty-TOON RISING

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Not match Fit but put him in at Half Time….
    Great signing

• Flan

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Official site says Jonas won’t play tonight but Oba will.

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:56 PM

its comments like these that indicate why the city of newcastle already loves you too Jonas. That and the fact that on the pitch he’s the most exciting thing we’ve seen since ginola.

• Frankieboy

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:35 PM

If he aint ready why risk him but suspect he may be on bench tonight.
    He will be fresh at the weekend tom terrorise the Makems.
    This guy is as popular as Oba in the Toon not the usual big headed concieted self opinionated waste of money we still pay wages to.
    Hero.

• Chris C.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM

He looks excited, and skinny…
    But I like him playing on the field.

• chuck

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Says all the right things, dont he !

• toon haggis

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:14 PM

this guy is awsome, he has bags of pace and is not afraid to take anyone on. a real steal for the toon. by the reports and interviews , he has his head screwed on and most impotant wants to play for the shirt!!!!! go on jonas, lets hopefully see the mask soon……..