Beye Completely Devastated By Red Card

abib Beye has today talked to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle and says he is absolutely devastated by the red card he received last night.

Habib Beye – devastated by red card last night

Habib lasted just 12 minutes into his comeback game, as he tackled Brazilian Robinho, and was given a red card and a penalty against him for his troubles.

Habib talked about the sending-off today with the Newcastle Evening Chronicle:

“For me that was the start of my season and I’m devastated by the decision.” “I wouldn’t have made the tackle if I didn’t think I could have got the ball, and that’s why I am so disappointed.”

“It was my first game back for some time, and to be sent off so early is very disappointing.”

Beye has been both a good player and very popular with the Newcastle fans, since his arrival a year ago from Marseilles, and he was certainly looking forward to the derby game at Sunderland on Saturday.

Habib added:

“I know how big this game is to the supporters, not only for the fans who want us to win, but also for me personally.”

“I would have been playing against one of my best friends in the game in Djibril Cisse. Fingers crossed, the decision will be overturned.”

It doesn’t look like that decision will be overtunred, but the last say on all of this will be from the FA, but at most we expect Beye to miss just the one game, albeit the derby game at Sunderland.

Our next game after that is next Tuesday, October 28th against West Brom at home, and we must take all 3 points from that game.

• Spidey

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM

It was a world class tackle and if the FA have any sense they will overturn it

• toonfan

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:13 PM

must say when it happenned i knew straight away penalty….but when he reached for a card, i was insensed that it was red…poor decision, especially as the linesman didnt indicate a foul.

it did look like a penalty, but was definetly not a sending off…the soccer experts are now saying beye will probrably get a one match ban….they should ( FA ) do the honest and right thing and quash this blemish….

but all said great fi8ghting spirit, IMO we lost 2 points bu8t good show by the other 10 players…hard luck beye, some ya win some ya loose….dont let the bastards grind you down son….as the replays have shown an astounding tackle….

• ToonRich

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Our problem is, not many at the FA have any common sense! They need to stamp out the officials making such errors, why can they not introduce rugby-style video evidence, it takes 30secs to make what can be the most important decision of a game…Instead we have radiclous amounts of added time due to the ref making stupid decisions then being barraged by players protesting.

I hope Beye is available for the derby…

• Toon Graeme

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Im hoping all will come good in the end.

Barton in the reserves tonight and Jonas back.

This is the turning point of our season lads.

On another topic, if last night is owt to go by then we need more work upfront. When Shola crossed from the ball from the leazes corner and nobody was there to intercept – the first thing I said was – Owen would have been there!!

Its improving match by match and I like what I see ths far.

Dirty mackems, West Brom, Villa, Fulham and Wigan all coming up. There are points out there and I dont doubt the scum will make it a difficult match on Sat. Mackems have a trend of getting late goals with subs, so our boys need to be tight as – and again – judging by last night that shouldnt be a problem.

• Ausgeordie

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Poll is retarded and we should send donations to his family. Stiles needs to rescind that card. one because he has the same name as the buddy in teen wolf and two because video evidence shows it was a good tackle

• lesh

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Can’t Beye appeal against the card?

• ObaFan2

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Spidey, totally agree, top class tackle by a top class defender.

Unfortunately if Ashley remains he (Ashley) will cash in on more of our better players in the winter transfer window……. I suppose.

• tripp

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I think that this whole episode once again shows how retarded some of the rules of Football are and how pigged headed the FA is for not accepting the fact that referees desperate need help in the modern game.

Styles really had no choice but to flash red once he decided to give the penalty. However, for Beye to get a 3 match ban for that is absolutely ridiculous. He shouldn’t even get a single game ban. Sent off… fine. It sucks but it’s a good rule. However, putting his foul on the same plane as Martin Taylor’s tackle on Eduardo da Silva last season is beyond farcical. Why the FA continues to resist video review, when almost every professional in the game (at least in England) is clamouring for it, is mind boggling.

• kelvin

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:45 PM

i don’t know what i was more disgusted about, the horrible decision for the pen or robinho rolling on the floor peeking to see if the ref was taken in by his act.