Forster Doing Well On Loan At Stockport County

Newcastle United Reserve goalkeeper Fraser Forster seems to be enjoying his time on loan with Stockport County.

Fraser Forster – on loan at Stockport County

Fraser has just had his first victory for Stockport County who are placed 11th of 24 teams in League One. The 20-year-old played his fourth game for Stockport and had an outstanding game during Tuesday’s 2-1 win at MK Dons.

If it hadn’t been for Forster Stockport would not have won, because he pulled of a terrific double save late in the game from striker Kevin Gallen, with the scores still level.

MK Dons defender Dean Lewington scored an own goal late in the game to give Stockport their victory. The Hexham-born keeper believes his short loan period at Edgeley Park will do him a lot of good as he continues to get first team games for his football development.

Fraser said today:

“I’m enjoying it down at Stockport and it’s great to get a taste of senior action,”  “This sort of experience is invaluable and I’m confident I’ll return to Newcastle all the better for it.“It was great to get that first win and I’m delighted to be playing in the team.”

“I’ve had a good couple of years in terms of improving my game, but it’s important you don’t stand still and I’ve got to keep on pushing myself if I want to fulfill my dream of playing for Newcastle United.”

The report of last night’s game on the Stockport County web site had this to say about Fraser Forster:

County had to thank their own loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster for a string of fine saves, the best being a quite unbelievable double save from Kevin Gallen and Luke Chadwick after 83 minutes.

It’s good to see Fraser doing so well, but we all know by now he’s a fine young goalkeeper.

Comments very welcome.

• Tom4Nufc

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Him/Krul is an awesome future, and soldeberg or w/e he is called!

• Dan13

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Soderberg and Fraser, I personally don’t rate either.
    I’ve been to loads of the reserve games lately (from last season too) and I always get bored.
    Their games are so boring and there isn’t really anybody who catches my eye apart from Jonny Godsmark. Ranger has been good so far, but it was typical I went to the game when he never scored against Sheffield.
    But this Godsmark, he has a great eye for a pass, is really fast and can finish too.
    On the other hand, I think he would have been given a shot by now.

• Lost Prophet

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM

A few of the reserves were in the gym the other day and they were talking about Forster. They reckon he’s easily sold a dummy and goes down like a felled tree. Once he’s down he takes ages to get back up again.

• Dan13

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:58 PM

lol the bitches!
    I hate most of the reserve lads, far too big for their boots!!!!

• Turkish magpie

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Except Ranger

• Tom4Nufc

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Joey Barton had a good interview on SSN, where he went over alot of things, and pointed out he was’nt paid for the interview!

Impressed by his talk, now lets back it up with some proper performances, on and off the pitch Joey!

• Bill F

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:52 PM

How about they all do two years national service, that’ll sort the arrogant little bugg*rs out.

• beyethegreat

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM

• Ganiyu

Oct 22, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Future goalie.hope he becomes a world class in few years to come

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM

……………………………Given……………………………
    Beye………Coloccini……….Taylor………Bassong..
    ……………………………Butt………………………………
    Jonas…………………………………………………..Duff
    ………………..Guthrie…………N’Zogbia………………
    ………………………….Martins………………………….

• Mark M

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:27 AM

I am a season ticket holder at Stockport County, and i can say that Fraser Forster is the best keeper I have seen at Stockport since I started going in the late 70’s, his saves in his short time have been class, and has for someone who said he is slow in getting up needs to check him out again as he made a string of double saves and was like lightning, I think we picked up 10 points in Forsters time at Stockport and he earnt at least 7 of them for us.. A class keeper who will make the Premier League one way or another.