Joe Kinnear – Must Win Game Against WBA

Newcastle United interim manager Joe Kinnear is disappointed, after Newcastle were beaten for the first time in 28 years at Sunderland.

Joe Kinnear – we have to beat WBA on Tuesday

It was fittingly won by a tremendous goal from Kieran Richardson who rocketed in a free-kick after 75 minutes, to win the game for the Black Cats.

Joe Kinnear talked after the game:

“There wasn’t much between the two teams.” “They shaded it, just with a magnificent strike really” “But generally we did very well.“We kept the ball well, we passed the ball well we created opportunities. Admittedly we were chasing the game, but we had them on the rack.”

“I’m disappointed obviously and so is everyone else in the dressing room.” “This is one game I really knew I couldn’t afford to lose.”

“But I will have to pick myself up and the players because now we have a massive game in midweek against West Brom.”

“”It’s a must win situation for us on Tuesday night because nobody likes the position that we are in at the moment.”

We’re a little lucky in that the team has a chance to make up for the terrible disappointment of the Geordie fans today on Tuesday night against West Brom.

WBA were well beaten 3-0 at home today, so they will also be trying to get back on track, but we expect Joe to make some changes and send out a strong side at St. James Park on Tuesday night – with the mission to capture all 3 points.

If we can do that, it will lift the hurt of today’s game a little bit, and give us 9 points from 10 games, which is a little but more respectable, but nowhere near where we should be.

• bigpeaovtheweab

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:30 PM

thats a no brainer that 1 like we MUST win or be faced with such a up hill strugle

• Tom_Toon

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Spare a though for Spurs, they have Bolton tomorrow who will beat then and boot their lightweight team off the park then they have liverpool, chelsea and man city.

Actually, I’d rather laugh.

ahahahahahah

• Ganiyu

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Hope he keeps butt on the bench

• Ganiyu

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Shola is a disgrace to Nufc.he is also a greedy player.selfish and stupid.same goes to duff.i wonder why martins as a short man was given ariel passes instead of shola.credits goes to butt.honestly i hate all the managers that used butt as a first team player.thats why they are all failures.infact we should never buy any dumped man u player.their youths are ok.

• Tom_Toon

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Oh, and Spurs have got Arsenal too! hahahaa they will still only have 2 points after a third of the season, hahahah.

• Ganiyu

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Tom-toon presently we av to focus on spurs and move forward.there is a possibility that both Nufc and spurs would be in the championship next season

• King Joe

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM

If Joe wants the win on tuesday he must start Barton and Jonas. They did more in five minutes then the rest of the midfield did for 90.

• reillers

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:11 PM

I actually don’t know what I’ll do if we loose to WBA. We will be relegated if we can’t beat them. It would be beyond pathetic and depression.
    It’s gotten to the stage that if we don’t beat WBA I honestly believe we’ll be relegated….what the hell happened.

• Ausgeordie

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Yeah at least we are beating spurs. Hopefully we can field a strong team against WBA.

……………….Given
    Beye…..Taylor…Collo…..Bassong
    Jonas…Barton…Guthrie….Zogbia
    ……………….Duff
    …………….Martins

If we don’t come out attacking we are going to be in big trouble but hopefully Jonas and Barton were held back to ensure they could play a full 90mins on tuesday. We really need to say farewell to Butt and Ameobi is not the man to front our line.

We need Ranger to have some game time as well. He is in goal scoring form and should be given a shot

• hitman

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:22 PM

this site has bean infecyed with prime AHOLES

• Lamesley Mag

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:27 PM

We’ll beat WBA……

NUFC for EVER!

• I Made 1000

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM

nicky butt needs to be dropped, he concedes too many freekicks and pens, coz he cba to run

bye bye nicky butt, your too old too play at this level now sooo cherio, u conceded tht foul against sunderland on purpose u idiot, u know how good richardson is from free kicks

what a idiot i hate you!!!!!!!!

• daydeburt

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:38 PM

tom toon- you are the muppet. and bassong is shite, also i bet you spurs win tomorrow. plum!!
    my team for wba match

given gk
    beye rb
    collicini cb
    taylor-but would prefer we signed someone
    enrique lb
    jonas rm
    barton cm
    n zogbia cm
    duff lm
    ranger cf
    martins cf

subs
    guthrie,butt,shola,harper,kadar,xisco,bassong

• I Made 1000

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:47 PM

ramos has been sacked!!!!!!!!!!!

• Spyro

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:49 PM

ramos is sacked

• Tom_Toon

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:51 PM

daydeburt – be quite you fickle fool. Bet you were raving about Bassong the other times he’s played.

Lets put it into perspective, he is a 6ft 2 central defender who isn’t attack minded asked to play at LB, a position now where it is most attacking.

He has had one bad game and you call him rubbish, grow up you muppet.

Team for WBA:

Given
    Beye-Coloccini-Bassong-Enrique
    Jonas-Guthrie-Barton-N’Zogbia
    Martins-Ameobi

Subs: Harper, Taylor, Cacapa, Geremi, Butt, Xisco, Ranger.

• Tom_Toon

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Damn! I was hoping the misery will continue for Spurs, oh well, I dont think they will get anything out of their next 5 games so it is ok for now.

• I Made 1000

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:53 PM

harry rednapp is having talks with spuds

• Tom_Toon

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:55 PM

What!

• Tom4Nufc

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM

I Made 1000 – where did you see that? All I can find is that Ramos, Poyet and Alvarez have been sacked.

• Tom4Nufc

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Nothing about the Redknapp link?!

• Spyro

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM

its on their official website tom toon

• I Made 1000

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:00 AM

go on skysports news, the tv channel

• Tom4Nufc

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM

You are right! OMG if they get Redknapp I will be pi$$ed off!

• Brazilian Geordie

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Oh God, what should I do now? Seriously, I think I want to cry.

I saw the game in a pub here in Rio among an Irish guy and a Newcastle supporter. I even don’t know what to say to express how I’m feeling at the moment. I’m sick.

This is like a nightmare. And you know what… a Celtic fan arrived at the pub and said: ”At least you scored one goal”. At that time, I laught a bit, but now I can hardly talk to people. Even Juande Ramos dismissal http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/clubannouncement251008.html can’t do anything to make me happy.

Sad day. But I’m with you Geordies, I promise I’ll support this club my whole life.

HOWAY

• I Made 1000

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:04 AM

it looks like a done deal lyk, but its nt 100 per cent

• I Made 1000

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:05 AM

a shit day in the name of newcastle united

• Tom_Toon

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Hmm, not sure about Redknapp, hes a good coach, they could’ve done better over time, but they dont have time, still think they’ll get relegated. Their team is so lightweight it is incredible.

• JoshNufc91

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:11 AM

redknapps a bullsh**ter, he said he wouldnt come to us because he LOVED his life on the south coast and had it all cush at pompey…lying pr**k.

• Tom4Nufc

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Tom_Toon, all they need IMO is to try and buy a strong central midfeilder/CDM who will keep the team inshape, but I might be wrong lol! But, you are correct alot, of skill and quality in the team, just not sure if it can be adapted for the Premiership, they are too weak and light weight, and thus far its failed…. Miserably!

I now am just desperate to find out about the new owners, NEED to find out soon, as we need a good manager, and soon! Redknapp was top of my list if I am honest, but we tried to get him once and failed, but now the bloody spuds have got him :'( . I just thought he could bring back stability to the club (hopefully) and build us up to be a solid top 8 team in 2/3 years, then make way for a younger manager, but ohwell, that plan has gone up in flames!

• Geordie Jayne

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:12 AM

So Spurs have sacked their manager……………..what can we do ………erm nowt because of CASHLEY…….. we are in the mire and its not funny any more…………I’m sick as a dog really sick.,………for those who think Joking is the man you are deluded.

And as for Mark the defensive coach highlighting our poor poor defender Steve Taylor on MOTD which although true needs a slap. See you all on the other side HOPEFULLY

• JoshNufc91

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM

by the way kinnears sh**e

• Geordie Jayne

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM

By the way it says the calibure of the supporters on here who vote Ameobi Man of the Match Cos he scored one single goal never mind the other 89 mins and 30 seconds.

Angry is not what I am feeling at the moment that is toooooooooooo tame

• Geordie Jayne

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Josh if you think Redknapp is the way forward then you are mad…….let him take Spurs if indeed Sky are telling the truth for a change

• JoshNufc91

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:21 AM

i never said he was the way forward i just stated that he talks bull 🙂
    despite that though he would still take newcastle forward.

• Geordie Jayne

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Josh pet without the personnel, ie footballers on the pitch most managers regardless of who they were WILL stiggle and that is down to Asley Mate…….sorry for just mentioning you I am LIVID MAD ANGREYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Geordie Jayne

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:30 AM

@ struggle

• JoshNufc91

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:34 AM

jayne pet….you dont need ‘world class’ personnel to play together as a team and to work for each other, which newcastle have been missing for years….just look at hull, 1 ‘good’ player in the team (geovanni) yet phil brown has them working their asses off for each other and look at where they are!!

• Dondatta13

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Spurs axe Ramos, indeed it seems as if they have sacked Ramos and look like they have made a move for Redknapp …

Meh …

I am more concerned about our club and what we need to do to get out of the bottom three …