Kinnear – I’ll Never Get Another Chance Like Newcastle

At last we got our first win since the volcano erupted on the last day of the summer transfer window, which was  Monday, September 1st at around 3:00 pm local time.

Joe Kinnear – I have no idea who is going to buy the club

We had won two games in August (Bolton at home and Coventry away), but it’s taken this long for the lads to get over the terrible upheaval that went on at Newcastle when Kevin Keegan walked out, after a dispute with the Newcastle board over players.

But if things on the field are looking up, the uncertainty of just who the new owners will be , and when they will be announced and take over the club, is as uncertain as ever.

Joe Kinnear was asked about his personal situation and he said:

“I go from day to day, to be honest. If it gets sold, it will be up to the new owner.” “I am only on a month-to-month contract, that was the deal before I took over.”“I am well aware I took over because lots of people turned that contract down, but as we go on, I live like everyone else, day to day.”

“I have got no idea who is going to buy the place, but I can throw my hat in the ring whoever buys it. I am not going to get another chance like this.”  “But I really don’t know, to be honest. I know it is obviously for sale, but who is going to buy it, I have got no idea.”

Joe’s done a good job with 5 points from his first 4 games, and that’s 5 points better than the previous 4 league games plus a defeat at home to Spurs in the Carling Cup – so he has definitely made a difference – no doubt about that.

But Kinnear’s future is as doubtful as the club’s, and maybe we all should all go day to day until the mess at our club is finally sorted out, once and for all.

But doesn’t that seem like déjà vu – all over again. 🙁

• p

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Main thing is that we finally got three points….

• sirjasontooon

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:49 AM

3 points and I have a smile on my face… well done JK and Joey as well.

You can’t knock JK he is bringing some stability and I think the players will gain some confidence from last nights match.

Just hope we are sold soon…and I am sure if joe keeps up the good work he will get a job somewhere else pretty easy.

• chrissyboy

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM

first half looked done and dusted,which i think was basically cause we had better players than them,unfortunatley better more attack minded management in the second half would of made things more comefortable,but non the less 3 points in the bag,and kinnear lives to fight another day

• daveyboy

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Jk deserves his chance somewhere, wether it is at newcastle who knows!

I really just want to get the club sale sorted asap as come jan I don’t want the same unsettled attitude as it may mean a mass exodus of players (some welcomed) and we need to strengthen if we are to maintain our league status!

Come on ma get it sorted lad!

• TANat

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM

well said sirjason

• ginkoh

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Don’t try to use tactic the same as second half yesterday again. It’ll make us so annoy to watch.

• BenjiToon

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Great result – not scorline, which should have been betrer – but boy did we need a win. Finally we got one. So it’s just 1 defeat in 4, better. ton

Joey Barton reborn too. Wondered if I’d ever see that day. Hope it continues.

But we need to string a few results together now…watch the bloody Spuds do just that. We ned to stay with our noses in front. That 2nd half tactic won’t do it for us. JK admitted it was a gamble and it nearly didn’t pay off. Won’t beat Villa next week like that.

• Punk Skunk

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:19 PM

The players will be rested for the villa game…
    …Which was probably the right thing to do!..

• shola23

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM

What a game damien duff just like the old duffer

• Heavy hitters

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Ok bloke and I like his spirit but he isnt the man to take us forward. I’d like to see a foreign coach with a proven track record.