Tamas Kadar Learning A Lot At Newcastle United

Tamas Kadar signed for Newcastle from Zalaegerszegi in Hungary last January and the 18 year-old center back has now made a successful comeback from the knee problem he first suffered last July, while training with the full Hungarian squad.

Tamas Kadar – recovered from injury

Tamas Kadar talked to the Evening Chronicle:

“It’s a really big present for me to play and train with top stars.” “It’s a great opportunity because I can learn something in every single minute of the training sessions.”“They are great and experienced players, so my eyes are always open and I am very keen to learn from them all.”

Both Kadar and Andy Carroll missed out on the European Championships Under-19 tournament during the summer when the Czechs finished in 3rd place.

He added:

“It’s a really big relief, because I’m a football player who fortunately hadn’t been seriously injured.” “The last four months and the operation was a nightmare for me. I missed a lot of opportunity to improve, to be a better player, which at my age is not a very happy thing.”

“I missed the Euros also, and I wasn’t part of the great Hungarian team which team reached the bronze medal final.” “Unfortunately, I suffered another injury after that during my recovery, so it took a bit more time than we planned.”

“Despite all of these problems, I thank the staff and that I was able to improve on my physical side, because I had a special program, so I feel much stronger in myself than earlier, and I hope I can show it on the pitch.”

“So I’m very happy to be fit again, and hope I can remain injury-free.”

Kadar returned from injury to yet another new manager in interim boss Joe Kinnear, his third manager in just 10 months after being signed by Sam Allardyce.

Kadar added:

“I think that in my position it wasn’t a big problem and didn’t affect me, because I’m a young player who is a member of the reserve team, and I have to work as hard as possible every day, independently of who is the manager of the first team.”

“Anyway, I have learned a lot from every manager during my career, and I was in a very lucky situation because all of them were very nice to me.”

“I would like to be a better and even more professional player, and of course train and play without any injury.”

Tamas is just one of many top youngsters we’ve signed this year, and we really hope we can keep up the concentration on youth at the club, since it augers well for our future.

Like most of them he has an excellent temperament and character, and it wouldn’t surprise us if he’s a first teamer in a couple or so years, he’s that good.

Comments welcome

• Jonny

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:53 AM

first!

• beyethegreat

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:59 AM

is he good enough for the 1st team

• Azrail

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:02 PM

We have enough cover at left back…. Tamas Kadar, S.Bassong, J.Enrique & even C.N’Zogbia..
    Time to find 2 central defenders, a top striker who can hold the ball & a defensive mid as butt will be leaving this season plus for competititon with Guthrie…..

• ToonKing

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Kadar is a CB capable of playing at LB and he is our most promising youngster by far along with Kazenga Lua Lua.

I’m hungarian too and if he didn’t suffer that injury he would have made he’s full senior bow too. I expect big things form him, he should be involved in the first team from next season that’s for sure.

• ToonKing

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM

His full senior bow for the national team that is.

• Ausgeordie

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Not yet but like ranger he should be getting a look in

• sweendog

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:22 PM

I haven’t watched Kadar but he sounds very promising ..

• sweendog

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Ausgeordie .. agreed Ranger should at least be involved on the bench as who else do we have .. hopefully we can get him blooded in an FA Cup game..

• broon ale

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:31 PM

look up nile ranger on myspace!

he seems to be a bit of a wannabe gangsta!

• Dan13

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM

lol he does, you would think Bastketball was his sport

• Dan13

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:39 PM

I’ve seen Kadar play quite a lot for the reserves, and he was always the one who looked the best.
    He seems to have the right attitude too.

• ToonRich

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Agree with you there Dan, Tamas sounds like a top lad, very enthusiastic about learning which is good to hear. I hope to see him, Ranger and LuaLua give a run out at some point this season.

Some people may say they dont have enough experience, but like most things they need the time on the pitch to gain that 🙂

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Ed…..He’s Hungarian,not Czech.

• JP from The Rock

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Looks very promising and Kadar is a very positive young lad that will be good for us. I would also like to see the youngsters get a run out at the last 10 minutes to a match every now and then, that’s how they improve faster.

• Bill F (Original)

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Personnally I reckon any player who is any good should have had first team experience by the time they are eighteen. Most of the greats started much younger. I really do not understand why we do blood them earlier, they can’t do worse than some of the present first teamers.

• Dan13

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Thing is, Newcastle seem to be afraid at trying these youngsters out.
    Last time a ‘young’ player got a shot was Carrol or Edgar few matches ago and it wasn’t for long enough.
    Man U always give young players a chance but I think thats partially because they have enough quality to cover any mistakes they may possibly make whereas Newcastle don’t.
    I would bring the likes of Ranger/Lua Lua on if we’re winning in the last 20minutes or so.
    But Kadar should be started as it’ll take a while for a young defender to ‘gel’ and adapt to a premier league game.

• toon

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:25 PM

we need another left back and striker in jan and a centre back wouldn’t go a miss either

• rooks

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Man U & other clubs can also afford to blood youngsters early cos they find themselves in the enviable position of being a few goals up with 20 mins left so can take the chance.

At the rate were going were never gonna be in that position.

Then again if established players are plyin sh*t & your 3 goals down with 20 mins left you may as well chuck em on

• Heavy hitters

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I watched the Reserves all last season and Kadar is a good player. The young guns are all in a difficult situation as our managers appear not too keen on bringing them on for the last 15-20 mins. Taylor does no better than Edgar and Kadar would do at CB and now we have Bassong so including Colo and Cacapa, so thats 6 CB’s we have so where will that leave Edgar and Kadar in terms of getting 1st team experience? I believe Edgar has had enough and Cacapa is too old so Kadar might just get lucky as the much maligned Steven Taylor did.

• bettyswollocks

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:33 PM

the difference between man utd bringing kids through is that they are usually winning games at a canter. When was the last time we were comfortable with 20 mins left? Personally speaking we could be winning 3-0 and I still wouldn’t geel comfortable.

Also – how many young uns do man utd actually bring through each year? Jonny Evans has had 2 years at the makems. Anderson and nani were each bought for over £15 million. I think this man utd kid development thing is a myth from the beckham,butt,nevilles era. Other clubs such as man city and the smoggies have brought far more through in recent years.

• Tom

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Kadar, Ranger and Lua-Lua really do look like they could be good in the near future. Hopefully they will start getting spots on the bench and getting 10-15 minute run outs every now and again, to get them used to the top league. Its a damn shame that when we had a lot of injuries, Kadar and Lua-Lua were both out too, as that could have been an ideal time for them to step in and step up!

As for Ranger, if he keeps banging the goals in the way he is, then I can’t see how he can be overlooked for the first team picture!!!

• neeraj

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:55 PM

now is not the time to play them, we should try and get a comfortable position by dec……

best option is to send them on loan

loan back ranger to southampton
    kadar to norwich(he was linked in summer)
    edgar, caroll to derby(jewell is a big fan of caroll)…….

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Toon….Yes thats for sure,but a DM is a MUST!!

• Tore Torell

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Who cares about the Czechs?!

• Nathan

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Carroll is shit, just sell him

Kadar does sound like he has a great attitude, but calling for him to get a look into the first team already is absolutely ridiculous

• SOUTH AFRICAN GEORDIE

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM

gud luck to our future as our present team aint something to smile about .if only we cud take the chance and see how gud they really are than only are we sure of our future .howay the lads