Gutierrez A Big Hit On Tyneside And He Loves The Place

Both of our Argentine summer buys Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, have both been excellent acquisitions for the club in the summer.

Jonas Gutierrez – great play for Newcastle this season

And both had outstanding games, with Jonas looking better the more games he plays for Newcastle United.

“I’m really enjoying English football,” “This has been a fantastic move for me.” “I was excited about coming here, but I have found it even better than I expected. The team has not done as well as we’d hoped, but I really love playing for the club, the fans and the style of football suits me.”

“I’m trying to do my best in every game and I think the fans can see that. It is special for me to be accepted so quickly by the fans and I will always do my very best for them. That is just the way I play the game, I have always been the same.”

“I think I knew I had been accepted by the team when they let me play my music in the dressing room. They do not always like it, but we mix it up in there and I get my chance to show them what I like. It’s a little bit of Argentina music, a little bit of electronic music. Is it popular?”

“So so I’d say, some seem to quite like it, but they won’t let me have it on the whole time, they’d kill me! It’s just good to be part of the team and to feel happy here.”

Gutiérrez’s move to Tyneside, has already been a massive success, and since Solano moved on we need to still hear that South American music.   😀

As long as Jonas (should we call with Jonas or Guriterrez?) keeps up his direct running at the opposition defense, as he did so brilliantly in our very first game at Old Trafford in August and got rave reviews.

And the way he went around Reo-Coker for our second goal on Monday night, when he seemed to swich to turbo charged mode, was a joy to watch – at least for Newcastle fans.

We now have two very decent wingers in Duff and Jonas, but we also need to find Charles N’Zogbia some playing time too, becasue Charles is an excellent winger too.

Gutierrez continued:

“I don’t mind the physical side of the game in England. It is a physical game and it is a sport of contact, but the thing with the English teams is that it is always hard but fair. I don’t mind being kicked as long as it is not deliberate, it does not upset me.

“Maybe it is the Argentinean mentality. Other players from South American have struggled in England before me, but the character of the players in Argentina is similar to here.”  “We are not frightened by physical contact and we have the same mentality that we want to win every single game.”

“You can not succeed in Argentina if you do not have that desire and I have brought that with me to England. I am not the first Argentinean player to show we can cope with the speed and power of the English style.”

“The English people like someone who gives his all, it is different to Spain. I wanted to come to England because I like this style and I like the mentality, I’m really happy I made this decision.”

Even a poor start to the season for Newcastle and all the turmoil which seems can only happen on Tyneside, has not affected the 26-year-old’s outlook too much, as he predicted a Newcastle United revival under Joe Kinnear.

Certainly Joe has done a terrific job in the last 5 weeks or so. In our first 6 league games before Joe arrived we had just 4 points, gained form our first two games, and since Joe has come in we now have 8 points from his 5 games in charge – not too bad at all – and with any luck at all against Man City that could have been even more.

Following Monday’s fighting 2-0 win over Aston Villa, Jonas said:

“It was a very good performance and a very important win against Aston Villa.”   “It was important we got ourselves off the bottom of the table, psychologically it is bad to be in that position and now we can start to think about climbing the league.”

“Despite the problems we have had this season I still think we have a very good team.” “We should not be down near the bottom and I think, with the confidence back, we will start to show people what we are really capable of.”

Newcastle fans are on a high right now, after two successive wins, in which the team has played well, but we just scraped by last against WBA. But winning gets to be a habit, and every win gives the team that extra confidence,  and our next two games against Fulham and then Wigan, are games we can win.

If we can do that then 4 league wins in a row would be very very nice indeed, and will see us somewhere in the top 10 in the league, and after all the mess we’ve come through, that has to be good news for the fans and the club.

• Monster

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Quality signing. Brilliant player.

• Rorycn

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:36 AM

I love him, A great player with a great attitude. Suprised there’s been no story on us bidding for Fabian Delph. It has been confirmed by Ken Bates So this must mean ashley is still willing to spend on good young talent.

• WesToon

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Thank You Spidey,with you in the starting 11,i always feel a little bit more comfortable,WHAT A PLAYER

Look out…..here comes the spiderman

• charlie

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM

one game at a time lads, the league is so tight. Cant wait to go to the cottage on sunday. Seen the toon a couple of times this year but fingers crossed this will be the first time i get to see Jonas live.

• chrissyboy

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:52 AM

just hope the top 4 teams in the prem dont come knocking for him

• Whumpie

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:52 AM

A joy to read. While it sticks in the throat to give the recruitment team any credit, this interview sums up the logic behind his arrival here. Great attitude, fantastic to watch – and every bit a Toon-style player. More importantly, it shows that this ‘January exodus’ the press are predicting may not happen.

I also don’t think enough has been said about how he set up that second goal. I was screaming ‘cross it!’ for ages before he did, but rather than bung it in early and hope, he rounded two or three players and made it a certainty. Fantastic to watch.

Charlie’s right, though – one game at a time, eh?

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:03 AM

There was a 1 mill bid from us,but was furiously rejected by Leeds.

• ronjohno

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Think that if we dont do something regarding recruitment and be in a position at least next season to be challenging then the top four or top foreign teams will come knocking and if Ashley is still here we all know how he like to see profit.
    Be really pleased if I am wrong.

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:08 AM

outstanding player and answered the one critisism i had about him,he paced himself better and lasted into the second half.
    i think he was trying to hard on the defensive side,which is good but his attacking side was suffering.
    he seemed to be diving into tackles and running himself ragged in the first half,then by the 2nd half he,d have nothing left.
    jonas dont mind you tracking back but leave most of that to beye and co and you get forward.

• cg

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Just love Jonas!
    Great attitude, fighting all over the field.
    Come on toon!

• Ausgeordie

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Quality player and considering our midfield was suffering from very static play the way he runs at the other team is welcome indeed. He is certainly building a good understanding with Beye and Barton. Hope we can keep him fit and happy.

• Bobby Ollox

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:45 AM

He is exactly the right sort of player for this club – I can see a bit of Waddler, Beardo, Tino, and Ginola in the way he plays – he will do something that gets the crowd going, and that lifts the rest of the team.

• sirjasontoon

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I just love this guys attitude…I think the best is yet to come from this lad…and seems to improve with every game.

I hope the club can attract more players like him in the future Top Man !

• killerK

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:59 AM

he’s gutierrez
    from buenos aires
    he’s spiderman

• Marty-TOON RISING

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Best signing this year by any team i would say….
    The guy is pure class

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Jonas Rocks!..
    More Argentoonians please!..
    …Jonas & Colo just show why Argentinian football is so good &, in my view, the only other football worth watchin’…They play great football, pass, move, show top skill & aren’t afraid to get stuck in!..

…ArgenToona, ArgenToona…

…Spiderman, spiderman,
    he is argentinian!..
    …Ho’way!..

• 4rm the pearl of Africa

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Spidey seems to luv playing on the left more than the right so maybe Geremi should be coming on for Duff in latter stages of games.Geremi is such a wonderful crosser of the ball,im sure Oba and Shola luv having him on th right flank as he guarantees steady supply.

• GoesseN

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:32 AM

#17…

are you joking.. you actualy want geremi on the pitch at all??? that joke should be sold, along with smith, who really wouldnt fit into the team anymore!, N’Zog on right wing, him and milner used to switch alot and both proved they can adapt to both wings, and played well, id rather zog then geremi any day!

• michael cantillon

Nov 6, 2008 at 8:30 PM

I think Jonas Gutierrez is a fantastic player. Always trying to create something. hasnt had a bad game yet this season. but i also think duff and n’zog are quality wingers, geremi is a complete waste of space he is useless. i hope n’zog stays, unless JK plays him he will leave. But we do have some good wingers at the club at present.
    And with ameobi and martins in form and michael owen and aussie man viduka to come back we look a decent side. barton,butt, guthrie all fill the centre and defence is stedier with colo and wor lad stevie taylor. full backs are also decent in enrique and beye and i personally feel we have the best keeper in the premiership in Given and the best sub keeper in the world in stevie harper.

lets hope for a win this weekend, come on lads!!