Keith Harris Seems Confident Of Newcastle Sale

Keith Harris, Chairman of Seymour Pierce Bank, has today offered more information on the pending sale of the famous Newcastle United Football Club.

Keith Harris -seems fairly confident of Newcastle sale

Harris said today:

“We have two very serious contenders to buy it.” “This the serious interest stage, and if you don’t have serious interest you don’t have due diligence.” “In a world like this it is no longer people just having a look at the tires.”

“In January we have that month of buying and selling players so I would imagine if I were a prospective owner I would want to own it either in time to have an influence on what happens in January, or at a time when I can assess what has happened in January.”

“Mike’s position is straightforward, if he can sell it to the right buyer at the right price he will sell it.” “The crisis makes everything difficult, we are all affected by it. Any investment decision you take with a lot of analysis and then a big swallow and a big dose of optimism.”

“The contenders know what the ball-park figure is. It’s like putting your house up for sale for £200,000 knowing that you will accept £180,000. Has the £200,000 come down to £100,000? We haven’t experienced that.”

“It’s more a question of do I want or need to buy a new house.” “We have had Nigerians that
don’t exist and South Africans told by the media they were bidding..”

Let’s hope the new buyers will get due diligence completed and take over the club before the end of December, so we’ll have the new Owner, new Board and permanent manager in place, for the January transfer window.

That seems to be a reasonable aim right now. What do you think?

Comments very welcome.

• lee

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:23 PM

dam hes got a big head

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Yip, I read this 2 days ago but thanks for reminding us Ed!

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM

same auld same auld nowt new really is it.

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:40 PM

keith your hairstyle is s##t.

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Wake me up when it’s all over!..

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:42 PM

It’s a beat baldness ad…Winnin’ smile tho’ keef!..
    😀

• Toonsg

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:42 PM

US bidders in play for Newcastle Utd
    By Roger Blitz, Leisure Industries Correspondent

Published: November 4 2008 23:14 | Last updated: November 4 2008 23:14

Two US-based investors are left in the race to buy Mike Ashley’s Newcastle United, both of them believed to be already involved in sports management, according to people close to the situation.

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:46 PM

is his hair like that because it has been stuck up orville,s a##e?

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Lol!..

• ashleys wallets cobwebs

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM

hope it happens soon, we need a boost, some new blood and a few new contracts to be sorted out

• Cyprus-Toon

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Maybe you idiots should find somewhere else to post if you’ve got nothing sensible to say about the subject on hand!!!
    I’m fed up of reading complete rubbish by idiots who’ve got nowt good to say, I know its a free world but if you are true TOON fans, you should be backing what going on instead of taking the piss out of someone, so what if he’s got a big head, or he’s bald or anything else, just go post it else where!!!
    Anyway, back to the topic in question, I’m hoping its either the Kewait guy or that Chinese Billionaire, or maybe even Paul Allen from the USA, as they’re all loaded & can buy some decent players for us & strengthern our team at last!!!

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:53 PM

his hair is bad but not as bad as Gerry Francis!

Jeez I am pleased we havent got that old timer coaching the club!

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:55 PM

cyprus toon, my advise to you is chill out man! get yourself down to ayia nappa and indulge in some loose women and enjoy a few cocktails!

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Ez cyprus,
    we’re just havin’ a laugh mate…
    …Personally i’m just sick of hearin’ about it & just want the ink dry on the papers sayin’ we’re sold!..Sorry if our piss takin’ offends, it wasn’t meant that way…
    …But to be honest, i don’t see the point of these articles, as no-one is allowed to report the machinations anyway…’til the deal is done…Which is right in my view!..

…& i’m sure the guys above have contributed plenty down the months…

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:00 PM

punk skunk, seen winehouse lately?

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Her fave bar has just reopened after the fire, so that’s where she’ll be…
    …But na, i ain’t seen her, she’s been hidin’, which is probably for the best!..

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

cyprus toon,get a f##king grip will you,whats it got to do with you anyway what people post on here.
    after all the crap we have had to put up with over the last few month we deserve a bit of levity a bit of a laugh.
    i could ask you not to come on here and be all doom and gloom,punk skunk dont appologise,you have nothing to be sorry for.
    miserable git.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:04 PM

what about pete! he has vanished too

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Cyprus toon get yaself down to the beach man and check out the loose women on display! Plenty ov them in your neck of the woods!

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM

skunk, been working with any decent bands lately? whats your thoughts on white lies?

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:10 PM

oi oi music for the working class!!!!

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:13 PM

as soon as you’re born they make you feel small,
    by giving you no time instead of it all, untill the pain is so big you feel nothing at all!

working class hero!

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Sweet skin d!..

…Broon, aye he’s off the map too, but his bass player did play at the reopenin’ of the bar tho’, wasn’t givin’ owt away tho’ like!..

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM

skin d. what you into like? G4 or andrea boccelli?

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Broon,
    Buzzcocks last week, had a right laugh!..
    …Classic Lennon!..

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM

that drew fella who plays base for shambles is seeing a geordie girl. She works in topshop in eldon square.

, she has photos of her necking on with him on her face book!
    slag! haha

• Angryman the Angryfan

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I am BACK, from yet another sabbatical in Cyprus, I bet you have ALL missed me!! Ha ha

Anyway, been catching up on the board over the last 3 days to see if the usual ranters are ranting and the usual Poop talkers are talking poop…….and no shock to me, no one has changed.

I have only been able to watch most games on big screen in pubs in the sun for a while now, it is a nightmare, but my dad is enjoying taking his grandson to the home games on my ticket SH*TBAG!!

Anyway, Joe doing a good job, long may it continue!!

I still want CASHLEY, WISE and LAMBY ARSE oot, they have screwed us enough!!

Oh and a final word for one of my old adversories SPYRO…your posts are few and far between i notice!! And you have dropped the Taylor abuse…is this because your statement recently of ‘get off enriques back’ have anything to do with it, you would’nt want to sound hypocritical would now my little cock a nee pal??

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM

as soon as we are born we,re told what to say and do’
    but only a friend can know the you that,s you’
    so think before you do what they say’
    it,s your life to go your own way.
    QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS SHAM 69.

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Went to see Killing Joke the other week too, wow!..Don’t know if you know them?..
    …Met the paul weller producer last week too, nice bloke, very knowledgeable guy!..

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Sham 69, whey hey!..
    Drew is a top gadji!..
    Check out his band ‘Helsinki’, quite different, but good!..

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:24 PM

my mate was dumped last year. (bare with me) His girlfriend had a small time acting career on the go and she also did a bit of modelling. She had a small part in the low budget british horror movie “Creep”, Anyways,, she rings my mate up and she says, “I have found someone else, I really like him, I am not sure if he feels the same but we have slept with each other and i felt a connection, I am sorry but we are finished”

My mate was heartbroken but he was curious to know who this other guy was so he asked her!!

her reply stunned him!!

“I have been Shagging Paul Weller” she confessed!!

He now hates him more than he always did!

• skin d

the adicts.
    one way system.
    condemned 84.
    red alert.
    major accident.
    anti nowhere league.
    the old punk and skinhead bands are the best.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM

skin d …do you like the movie “this is england”

• Punk Skunk

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I know major accident, nearly played for them, when i was a drummer…Went to school with a couple of ’em & we used to get mashed together, wonder what they’re up to now?..

…You punk rocker, you!..

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM

it,s okay and it does show the true face of skinheads in the first part but it ,s spoilt by the nazi crap because most skinheads are not nazi,s.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM

by the way skunk, this mate of mine used to be the frontman in a band called louder than bombs which were based in your neck of the woods. He is back up here in newcastle now though and I sit next to him at work (sage software)
    he is called garry cosgrove, you might know of him?
    His band had a development deal with fiction but didnt make it. I think they opted for keane instead… gutted!!

pipped to the deal by Keane!! Doh

• skin d

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM

sharp skin

• K Harris

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM

How dare any of you criticise the size of my head!

As for the comment about my hair, i am deeply hurt by this, my hair has always played an important role in brokering deals.

You people have knocked my confidence, i may not be able to sell your club now.

Heartless Bastards!

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM

you seen an internet movie called Zeitgeist?

I reccomend a movie called Primer too. It will twist your noggin!

• jakey

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:36 PM

lads check out detroit social club,there from newcastle and have just released there first single,it got to number 5 in the indie chart this week.top band. Myspace.com/detroitsocialclub