Jose Just Loves The Weather And Food On Tyneside

Jose seems to be very happy with life on Tyneside, and he even thinks the food is as good as in his native Spain, and he thinks it’s too hot in Spain, so he must really like it. 😀

Jose on the Tyne

Jose told nufc.co.uk today:

“I love Newcastle and I’m very happy with life in the city,” “It is a beautiful place, down here by the river especially is very nice.”“When I first arrived I thought that maybe the weather and the food would take a while to get used to.”

“But there are many, many good restaurants and the food is as good as in Spain. I have my favorite places and I often eat out with my team-mates.”

“Also the weather is not a problem, I prefer it in England because it is too hot in Spain – it is perfect to play football in here.” “My wife and I are very happy, now I have my cat and my dog also and it’s good.”

“I don’t go out too much in the city. But when my friends and family come here they want me to take them out all of the time because they too love Newcastle.”

“Normally I prefer to relax and watch TV or play on my PlayStation after training.” “But the people are so friendly and I feel at home, that is very important.”

And, while Jose’s English is improving day by day, he admits it’s nice to have other Spanish speakers in the Newcastle dressing room.

“There are many Spanish speakers now such as Jonas Gutierrez, Fabricio Coloccini, Xisco and Cacapa.” “That is good but I am also working on my English.”

“I am OK talking to people one on one, and I like to talk to people such as Mark Viduka and Nicky Butt.” “But when a few people start talking together, especially in Geordie, that’s when I get lost!”

It’s nice to hear that our players are happy on Tyneside, and it’s a great place to live if you are in any way interested in football.  The Newcastle fans of course are very passionate about their football, to say the very least.

• shearernine

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:58 AM

HE HAD AN AWSOME GAME ON MONDAY.

HE SHOULD ALWAYS START WHEN HE’S FIT ( HE’S A FULL BACK ) HE GIVE’S US BALANCE AND ATTACKING OPTIONS.

• Neil

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:59 AM

I know this is completely off subject but is anyone else absolutely sick of hearing Wenger whinge about how badly done to Arsenal are? Great team to watch, great manager but he don’t half go on a bit about poor old Arsenal!!
    Just needed to get that off my chest after being on BBC sport website a few moments ago!

• Spyro

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:00 PM

He is settling in and performing well. Always had faith in this lad.

• broon ale

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM

he needs to improve his clearences with his right foot.

• Soren

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Spyro – Bang on the money. He is settling in quiet nicely and a game against Villa showes he is making progress.

Neil – Wenger is really making a fool out himself, after the stoke game and the “coward” comment. A good manager indeed, but I’ve never really taking a shine to his arogant personality.

• beyethegreat

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:09 PM

hes good but work on his defending

• Tom_Toon

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM

He has been pretty good, a few hicups but he needs a run in the team because when he has had one he looks really good.

He has been infairly treated.

• WesToon

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Good Lad Jose….. still very young & bags of potential as well

Howay NUFC 🙂

• Rich

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Just wait for the long cold dark damp winter months to drag and drag and drag…

Is anyone else struggling to get up for work these days?

• Tom1664

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Ole Jose.

• skin d

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:47 PM

jose git that stottie cake an’ ham n’ peas puddin’ doon ya neck kid.

• keeganpleasecomeback

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:48 PM

yes he loves food……….you can tell – hes just as fat as fatduka………cant defend, cant attack -waste of space like his mate xisco ..get rid

• Punk Skunk

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Ho’way Jose,
    good lad & nice to see he hasn’t been damaged by bein’ left out…& just fought for his place & is winnin’ it back…
    …He’s also winnin’ over the fans!..
    …Love the lads attitude, doesn’t whinge & gets stuck in…
    …Don’t you just love a proper team where players have to fight for their place, fight to stay in the team & fight for the team & fans?..
    …Ho’way!..

…Toon Toon!..

• Punk Skunk

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Haddaway &…

• N0tAGhostToon

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM

As if the food is as good as spain! Gotta say i’d take their weather too, but whatever makes him happy, I think he’s a decent player he just needs to play more! It can’t have done his confidence any good being knocked back by a winger and someone who’d been in the club 5 seconds, even if i do like bassong as well and its a hard balancing act, with youngsters involved but keep him in

• Kash

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Restaurants in Newcastle are Pony!!!!

Same old garbage food. We need some Michelin stars in the TOON!!!

• Spyro

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Keeganpleasecomeback

Get a life and stop worshipping a coward and waiting for his return. He is gone. Get over it.
    Honestly, it is literally pathetic how some NUFC fans worship KK. Utter joke.

• Punk Skunk

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Aye,
    keeganpleaseDON’Tcomeback!..

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Keeganpleasecomeback……..You’re a smart ass i can tell or at least you’re trying to be one.
    Xisco in my eyes has a great future with Newcastle only if we’re patient,the same way he’s patient with us.
    If Arsenal fans were not patient enough they would never ever see the rise of Adebayor,he was a disaster at the begining.Much worse then Xisco.
    Just see how Keane is strugling in Liverpool,and he’s proven EPL player.
    The best thing to do is to send Xisco on loan back to LA Coruna till the end of the season.

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM

than**

• Dan13

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Keeegan come back, How about no…!
    Sad man, grow up and move on!
    We all have, seems like the team have too.

• somebody

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:58 PM

ayayaya.. im not hoping keegan to make a comeback..plz no aftr what kinnear have done for us..hoping him to sign a permanent contract..

• Bill F (Original)

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Perhaps the foreign players could be issued with Geordie dikshunaries.
    I remember eating in a newly opened Italian restaurant many years ago in Newcastle (1970s) and asked for spaghetti to go with my meal and I was given Heinz tinned. I was living in London at the time and My missus and I were up for a wedding. We were both too gobsmacked to send it back.

• Beattie

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:07 PM

somebody:

kinnear has come in and done a decent job, but i’d only keep him on until the end of the season at most. After that hopefully we’ll have some new owners who will bring in a top manager who can properly take the team forward

• 4rm the pearl of Africa

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:22 PM

He’s developing nicely, but maybe Duff aint giving him the kind of backup Spidey offers Beye which is why we aint seen alot of his awesome attacking play (this kid had a reputation for long range shots on goal in Spain)

• Brazilian Geordie

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM

OFF

Just look what happened with Botafogo yesterday here in Rio. I did laugh a lot. Botafogo is such a joke. And it also remebered me Shearer, hehe.

Haha, by the way, the furious guy is called Andre Luis. And look, the player who was talking and trying to calm him after that is Carlos Alberto – former Porto who scored in an UCL final.

Veron also appears in the video, he’s the number 11 and captain of Estudiantes.

Really recommend you to see how south american football is. And one of the pundits in the final of the video is Wanderlei Luxemburgo – ex-Realmadrid coach. His team – Palmeiras – was playing in Argentina and he just decided to don’t go.

• Nobby!

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Spyro, you tell it like it is.

Jose’s young, he’s got a lot of room for improvement. He’s not doing too bad, settling well.

Jus curious, though… What are some of Newcastle’s specialty foods?

• Bill F (Original)

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Nobby, black pudding is one. I worked for a while at a pig slaughter house under the railway arches in Newcastle and I remember seeing the vats of blood, still warm and steaming, being readied to make the pudding. Didn’t put me off it though.

• Gateshead Mag.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Rasko I agree with everything you said but one comment.

I completely disagree he should go on loan to Depor, English team yes, spanish team no. Will do nothing for him!

• Robby Bobson

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Im kinda suprised that im not alone in thinking that Keegan should be left in the past. Great times in the 90s, great run to the end of last season, but the club is crying out for stability and when the new owners come in, whats Keegan going to do if he comes back…resign when he is given the mug for his tea?

On Jose…we should keep hold of him for as long as possible and give him chances as he is still young, physically build well and i do think we is an asset going forward. Also is goes unrecognised how good he is at one on ones…kept Agbonlahor at bay on Monday a few times. He just needs to work on his clearences and positioning.

It is great to see that we can have a bench of Harper, Bassong, Owen, Guthrie, N’Zogbia and Xisco.

• Robby Bobson

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:25 PM

*wrong mug

• Guinea Mag

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:33 PM

We paid a lot of money for Enrique and so happy he’s starting to look decent. He played well against Villa and hope the improvement continues.

Expect the same from Xisco and other youngsters as they have been purchased for the future and will improve given time.

• Billo

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Enrique is the best LB in the league

• Ageordiedoonsooth

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Kash There are some great restaraunts in the Toon English, Chinese, Indian & Italian I think you need to get out more & stop eating in burger joints.

• CHUCK

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:49 PM

About Xisco, how can anyone tell whether he is decent or pants.
    The guy has hardly played and lets not forget its a different league where time is needed to adapt.
    How anyone can possibly judge a player on the few minutes he has played is beyond me.
    Can we give the guy a chance please, besides the club needs all the bodies they can get at present.

• lacedaemonian

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:56 PM

I thought he was great on Monday.

• Alex

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:00 PM

The lad is doing ok and will improve the more games he plays in the premiership and lets not forget he is still very young for a defender . Xisco needs games to prove himself , i cant believe so many people have written him off before he has had a decent run of games . Lets face it he is a young lad that has to adapt to a new country, new team and a different style of football .

• tripp

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:39 PM

I think that a lotta people don’t like Xisco because of the Wise association. He’s guilty by association. The lad’s hardly played, how can he be judged at this point? It’s ridiculous.

• Tom1664

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Alex – Exactly. Look at Martins. Remeber how long it took him to knock one in after he joined? I remember people on 606 writing him off only for him to hit some form (with that awesome goal at SJP in the Uefa cup – think it was against Ledvadia Tallin)

• HarryToon.