Geordie Nation Deserves Successful Football Club

Joey Barton wants to continue with Newcastle winning their games, as he talked to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle today about our upcoming game at Fulham, and thinks the least the Geordie Nation deserves, is a successful team.

Joey Barton – Gerodie Nation needs successful team

Barton told the Evening Chronicle today:

“Fulham has always been a lucky ground for me and hopefully that will continue on Sunday.” “But this is not about me or any other individual at this club.”

“It’s all about winning games and giving the Geordie nation what they deserve – and that is a successful football club.”

Newcastle won 1-0 in this fixture last year, and yes you guessed it, Joey took the penalty with just one minute of injury time left, and slammed home the winner, and he was not even our official penalty taker. 😀

We then beat Fulham earlier this year, when Kevin Keegan got his first win since rejoining the club, after 10 games in charge, with a good 2-0 home win on 22nd March, and in front of a sell-out crowd of 52,293 fans.

Barton continued:

“The Newcastle dressing room was a very happy place on Monday night and long may that continue. But we all know that one swallow does not make a summer.”

“Now we know that if we go to Fulham and win the game then, without getting too far ahead of ourselves, we can start looking at a place in the top 10 in the Premier League.”

“And this after being bottom of the table before our game with Aston Villa on Monday night.” “Now we are going to Craven Cottage after showing great spirit and character in our last two games with West Brom and Aston Villa.”

“We are trying to turn St James’ Park into a fortress, and don’t forget I have been there as an opposing player and it is not a nice place to go to.”

Joey has done great in the two full games he has played over the last 11 days, and he’s been a star in midfield for the Newcastle side.

Joe continued:

“I felt a lot stronger on Monday night and I really enjoyed the win.” “I have to say that some of the performance from the other United players were immense and the back four was as comfortable as I have seen it for some time.”

We have showed definite signs of getting back to our best recently, but we’ve had so many false dawns we’re never sure when the sun is really coming up.

Let’s hope we see that sun at Craven Cottage on Sunday.

Howay The Lads.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM

reet wi’ dee wiv hed t, put up wi’ some crap ower the last few year.
    somebody sez on here yesterday the immediate newcastle area was 189,000 it,s not it,s 259,000 and thats not including the greater newcastle area and tyneside the total population is nearly a million.
    also heard some mackem on the net talking about sunderland being the biggest city in the north east.
    that is crap you turds won a competition in the early 90,s to become a city and took washington territory as your own it,s bull basically as it does not belong to you.
    f##king mackem only gets a mention from 1980 onwards and it is an insult you sad c##ts,you have no identity like everything in sunderland has no substance, RANT OWER.

• Sun'lun's Burnin'

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!! COME ON!!!

• graeme

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:36 PM

A performance like Monday night on Sunday and we could blow Fulham away.
    I can see another good battle and the same 2-0 win for the TOON!!!!!!

• Graham

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Skin d – go and find yourself a life and a personality you sad malnourished inbred.

Who cares about being the biggets city in the North East, or my dads bigger than your dad?

And you have the cheek to call mackems sad (never thought I’d see the day i would stick up for them)

This is a football site you fool – and what are you doing out of school at this time of day anyway?

Back on earth, I reckon a 2-1 win for us on Sunday is on the cards. With a settled starting 11 we will start to put some decent performaces in.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM

graham,who the f##k do you think you are talking to you prick,i was making a point of a
    comment which was made on here yesterday.
    you call me an inbred i would like you to come and say that to me face to face and see how far it gets you.
    i.ll give you my adress,and if youy would like to make comments about my lineage come and say it to my face.
    i,m am just sick of the mackems making unfounded comments.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM

if anybody wants to call me a hillbilly and inbred or any other offensive name come and say it to my face dont hide behind a computer screen.
    graham come and see how malnourished i am.

• Whumpie

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Skin d – just cool it and take the fight elsewhere. This is a story about a Joey Barton interview – which doesn’t make it about fighting talk by default!

It’s Friday afternoon – and we’re going into an away match expecting to win! Let’s sit back, get some pints down us and enjoy the build-up.

My problem is that I have non-footie-watching guests this weekend, so it’s going to take some industrial-strength deception to be in a pub at 4pm on Sunday.

Have a great weekend, all (including Skin d) and let’s have another cracking performance from the lads!

• trex

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I feel skin d is totally right on this one. I can also
    imagine how extremely ready he could be in utilising this weeks nutrients on you Graham.

• trex

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Did anyone else see John Carver with Shearer on Setanta telly Monday night ? it was a brief long range shot.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM

look i am not looking for trouble with anyone,if people want to disagree with me fair enough,dont bring my family or lineage into it,whumpie do you not find being called an inbred offensive,after the way the media have portayed us lately.
    but for a supposed toon fan to come on here and defend mackems against a geordie must not come from this area.

• Monster

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Bloody hell, skin d’s a bit radgie!

• steve

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM

skin d – you inbred hillbilly, get back to school and stop sleepihng with your sister 🙂

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:44 PM

oh another one steve where are you from by any chance, STOP SLEEPIHNG WITH YOUR SISTER SAYS IT ALL REALLY.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:46 PM

i,m no radgie i,m a proud geordie,i do take offence to being called an inbred though.
    i,ll have a bit of banter with anyone but leave my family out of it.

• nufc supporter

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:48 PM

go away skin d, get back on your charver sites and start fights there, we dont want u here…..fulham are struggling for goals, and our defence is starting to look better, im gna go for a 2-0 win if we perform the same as monday night

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:50 PM

i am not nor have i ever been a charva,you dont know me.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:54 PM

you people really are missing the point,and they,re trying to make look unreasonable?

• Gonufc

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:56 PM

You may not be inbred (I haven’t got the proof though) but you are a total moron.

What kind of idiot takes real offence from an internet chat?

Oh, and by starting off like that and offering to give them your address(!), you obviously were looking for a fight, as you wouldn’t do that if you weren’t.

• Whitey

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

U go ther gonufc!!!!!!

skin d’s a radgie charva haha 🙂

fulham will b a tough game but i thnk toon will win 2-1 with hopefully martins n gutierrez scorin, a thnk its about tym we saw the spiderman mask lol

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM

so i,m not an inbred as you have no proof,but i,m a moron why?for defending myself,and just because i offered someone my adress does that mean i want to fight them? that is the way your interpreting what i,m saying.
    what i meant was i,d give him my adress and he can come and tell me to my face why he thinks i,m an inbred,when he obviously doesn,t know me.

• Gonufc

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM

So you’re not wanting a fight but you want him to do it face to face so he’s intimidated and you can then begin a fight? If you don’t want a scrap with him and just want to talk then you can do it on here, you know how words work- well just use them here!

Why are you even pretending as if you’re some kind of noble knight?

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:07 PM

gonufc,so if i was to come on here and say you or a member of your family was a paedophile for instance would that be okay by you?i bet it wouldn,t.

• Gonufc

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I wouldn’t like but then i’d think, hey, i don’t know him, he doesn’t know me, i have absolutely no respect for him so why would i care?

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:09 PM

gonufc,what if he,s 6ft6 25 stone is he going to be intimidated i think not.

• Gonufc

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:11 PM

No, see that’s when i think you’d realise that you shouldn’t give out your address to random people on an internet blog.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM

gonufc i thought i made a valid point earlier about someone giving the incorrect population of newcastle,and yes i did call the mackems sad like lots of other people on here do,i you dont agree with me call me what you like just leave my family out of it,is that unreasonable.

• Gonufc

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM

I didn’t say a word about your family, just about you and your annoying irrelevant comments.

• Ting Tong

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Give Ting your address. Me make you good cook. I rike skinheds.

• Tong Ting

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Reave it out Ting. Him’s a roonatick!

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:17 PM

okay i lost me rag for a few seconds,it was an ill advised action to take but i was in a mood and reacted,but we,re supposed to live in a civilised society when i could ask somebody in person why they thought i was a member of the family from wrong turn.
    i mostly took offence because of the way us geordies are being portrayed at the moment by the media you just dont expect to be called an inbred by a newcastle fan.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:19 PM

gonufc i never said you had made comments about my family have i,and what irrelevant points have i made?

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM

ting tong add a little racism to the mix,and i,m a lunatic.
    your stereotyping of chinese people is civilised.

• CHUCK

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM

O`Kay you guys stop winding the guy up and Skin D, lighten up or they will never stop.
    Soh ! what about three in a row, think we can get a win against an improved Fulham, would be nice to get an away win.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM

i have been just thinking the same chuck,i,ve fallen into the trap this afternoon.

• broon ale

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:46 PM

skin d. you were talking about conspiracy theories the other day and you came across as a switched on fella.

Today your coming across a bit odd.

• GeordieKev

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Have to agree like Mackems are SAD………

Skind all you did wrong was react m8

• JoshNufc91

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:15 PM

in all honesty if some one called me an inbred a might kick off a tad likee.
    just ignore them skin d 😀
    and newcastle fans turning on each other?? howay man we support the same team ffs!

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:22 PM

nar lads i lost it for a minute,i,ts just ever since the bed sheet brigade on the tv and people calling us inbred ,you dont expect to be called an inbred by a fellow fan.
    i took exception to it,but my original statement that i about sunderland fans waffling on about the size of the city etc,and because they win one game in years they go on ridiculous thats what i meant about having no substance,if thats odd then i,m odd.

• ed_speed

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:25 PM

skin d works in a cheese shop in Amsterdam, we needn’t take im seriusly.

regards,
    e

• JoshNufc91

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:27 PM

that ed speed really boils my piss with his comments there always sh1te!!