Gutierrez Will Give Everything He Has For Newcastle

Jonas Gutierrez has been one of Newcastle’s best signings in the summer, although he has only just returned from breaking his collar bone, while playing For Argentina against Peru, in the World Cup qualifiers earlier in the season.

Jonas Gutierrez – great buy in the summer by Newcastle

The Argentine International talked to The People today:

“I have had a few good games but I know I can get even better.” “Injuries have not been kind to me so far but now I am fit again and determined to give everything I can for Newcastle.”

“I left Mallorca legally and it hurts me that the club is planning to take the case to FIFA and ask Newcastle for money. The tribunals will decide. I am convinced that I am right and I will win.”

As well as the battle that looms with his former club over compensation, he has also seen former manager Kevin Keegan dramatically leave the club for a second time.

But the 25-year-old said:

“It is never good when a coach leaves in the middle of a season but we have recovered our level and we are getting better results.”

Jonas had a great game on Monday night and brilliantly set up Oba Martins’ second goal of the game with a brilliant left wing run that left Reo-Coker standing.

He makes a lot of goals this boy, and we are still waiting for his first goal, but his past celebrations of putting on his spider mask have now been banned by the FA – what a pity – they spoil all the fun.   😀

Comments always welcome.

• AndrewNUFC

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM

He is class

• Tom4Nufc

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM

I love him, he is a GOD lol!

• Alex

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:27 AM

ed – not only was he one of our best signings of the summer . He is probably our best signing in years , considering how much we payed for him .

• somebody

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM

why cant i enter the online box office???

anybody got the same problem?

• Nick Cotton

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Yeaaargh he’s an ard workin boy wish he was at West Ham though you lucky bu—-s! Ope ya win today boys, ope ed speed finds the boy of is dreams. Me maaa as lent me a couple of quid, so am watchin Rangers then the toon down old Walford. Great tv day remember 2-1 to toon Barton 1st goal 110-1 wiv corals. Me 2nd team an third team to both win today—Maaaaaaa.

• Benn..

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Right lads im off to work, good luck for the game, my prediction Toon 4 v 1 Fulham, Barton Gutierrez, Owen And Martins to score, We Will Concede from a free kick.. because of a stupid tackle from either butt or taylor, hopefully we will be able to make our goal difference better with a high score.

• AndrewNUFC

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:46 AM

I rekon 2-1 us. Martins will another double.

• bruTOOOON

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Great player, Great person.

Never complaint eventhough we face the worst turmoil, no manager, stupid owner but he still gave his 100%

If he keep the attitude, he be a legend. he will be the same likes of shearer and supernobby

• chappa

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:00 PM

he reminds me of ginola in a way! classic buy 4 toon

• toontoon

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:00 PM

he is a legend, he is the best signing we have had in a while along with colocinni we wil win th day 1-0 martins cum on the toon

• Tore Torell

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:01 PM

My bet is on a draw, 1-1 with goals from Shola and AJ.

We’re too shaky at the back yet, Coloccini needs a partner with pace and strenght. Bassong anyone?!

Butt should be dropped before he commits more stupid fouls that cost us points, he’s given away two really horrific penalties as well as that free kick vs the bloody Mackems…

• toontoon

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:06 PM

nicky butt is a good player and so is danny guthrie hard choice joe had to make on monday vs villa he picked butt and turned out to be the right decision bcoz we won.

i dont care who plays as long as we win games

• Barc

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Great player, bought by who again? Oh yes the ‘cockney mafia’.

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:26 PM

chappa-agreed! i’ve said for a while he’s the most exciting player we’ve had at the club since Ginola.
    He’s surely our best signing in recent years aswell?, for the amount of money we paid for him.

• nepali toon army

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:26 PM

we have got everything to be in top 4.we have brought class players like jonas and coloccini. i only have one thing to say is that we need a players like lampard whose pass is pin point, because not only butt gives free fick in dangerous position, he also gives possesion of ball so easily. wat’s the matter of winning ball through tackling then.
    nufc 4 life