Good Time For Shola To Hit 50th Goal For Newcastle

Shola Ameobi has come back well to the Newcastle United side this season, and has scored 3 league goals for us against Fulham, Sunderland and Man City.

Shola Ameobi – 49 goals for Newcastle United

Shola is now on a total of 49 goals for the club, and his next goal would be his 50th for Newcastle, and it seems to us a great time to score that goal would be this afternoon at home, against Wigan Athletic – and former Newcastle center-back Titus Bramble.

Shola said today:

“I will be up to 50 with my next goal. but it’s not something I’ll be thinking about. I’m just thinking of helping us to beat Wigan. I want us to get out of the relegation zone – we need to get out of the bottom half. That’s our emphasis, and what we need to do from now until Christmas. We must tighten up.”

“From a personal point of view of course I’d like to score more, and that’s what I’ll be trying to do. When you look at the league, and the way the table is, this season has certainly been a strange one. We went into Fulham looking to get three wins on the bounce, but now we’re looking forward to getting home to play Wigan.”

“We don’t want to be in that bottom three and we don’t want to get sucked in. We realise if we create chances, play the way we have been doing, and keep it tight at the back, then we can get out of it. We can get back up the table, and Wigan represents the chance to do it.”

With Michael Owen now fit, and Mark Viduka back in training again, Shola will be very motivated to keep scoring goals, because his days as a starter may be numbered.

But we’d love for the Nigerian-born striker to score again this afternoon, because we need a win and all 3 points from this game – desperately.

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Does anyone know how long it hjas taken him to reach this milestone. Newcastle ledgend in the making is young shola.

• ELFER

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Viduka and Owen would be a far more powerfull strike-partnership and I’m looking forward to them playing together!!!

I like martins, no doubt, but I think duke and michael are the best thing we could do. To have martins (or even shola) on the bench is exciting! We have 2 good striking teams and this is needed to be competitive!!

• Bakerman

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:11 AM

I have a strong feeling that Martins will run havoc with Bramble and the rest of the Wigan defence this afternoon. Also, really glad to see Bassong in defence – he’s solid, stable, and level headed!!!

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:13 AM

elfer- i cant believe what i am reading.Having shola on the bench excites you? That comment sums up how far the club has fallen. Thats the comment of the day. brilliant.

• ELFER

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM

AO: At the moment shola plays full of confidence and yes, that excites me!

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:17 AM

elfer- Are you on the wind up? Your not a mackem taking the mick are you?

• Bakerman

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Anyone know whether Zaki is playing today?

• ELFER

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:19 AM

What’s the problem with you AO? There where some comments about shola which where disrespectful and it’s the same old storry again, give someone confidence back and off he goes! I’m happy for shola to see him again scoring, he deserves it and it’s also good for us!

I’m not saying that he is our super top striker! I’m only saying, that he actually helps us and that’s enough for me to support him, as I’m a TURE fan!

• ELFER

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM

TRUE fan

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:25 AM

. I think you are either a mackem or blind. Shola is woeful and is first div at best.

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:36 AM

AO….What’s your prediction against Fulham,but please be realistic.
    We’re all grown men here so let’s not act like children shall we!

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:36 AM

grown up**

• ELFER

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Thank’s Rasko.

Seriously, I really must say that I also used the wording “amedonkey”. But to use sarcasm makes life sometimes easier.

Again, Ameobi isn’t our new shearer, but he does what he’s capable of and that’s to help us getting some wins! I’m sure, that when Viduka is fit again there’s absolutely no question that he will be in the starting line up.

It is also time to say sorry for what we did at shola (abusing) and now he scores again, so it is time to sing his name again!! That’s my opinion as a Fan. Yes I’m unfortunately not a born geordie and I life here in switzerland, but that’s what makes this club so special! Fans all over the world love the toon army! So I hope the real fans accept also me as a fan. that’s all.

• kenny g

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM

christ when will you lot start to ignore ArsehOles comments, just IGNORE them, he’ll soon get bored

• kenny g

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Also, Shola is playing brilliantly right now, seems to have bulked up sufficiently to start bullying some defenders and he’s even chasing the ball more. Very good to see and long may it continue.

The skies are getting brighter as I head north on the train (for a change) and I hope that’s an indication of the fortunes of the club this afternoon… HTL

• Spyro

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:51 AM

AO you dont have many friends do you? I genuinely believe that you are just in need of friendship and someone to talk to. However, the thing that really is quite sad is that once football is pushed to the side and you cannot hide behind the identity of Tottenham Hotspur, what remains is an extremely sad individual. You are literally on here more than the majority of Toon fans. What would your family think of you if they found out that you spend your life getting cheap thrills from winding up, by your own definition, ‘kids & mongs’ on the web? They would be embarrassed wouldn’t they? Not something you shout from the rooftops is it? lol.
    Like i have said previously, i live with a Spurs fan and he has said that he doesn’t want to be associated with ‘fans’ like you. Speaks volumes doesn’t it? Oh well, I suppose your only saving grace is that no one on here really knows your true identity, and once you walk away from the PC you can always pretend that you are indeed a normal member of society with a social life etc. Fantastic, the wonders of the internet eh.

..You will now no doubt be racking your brains trying to think of how to word a reply that shows you are in some way witty or intelligent, much like a child who just learned a new word from the Oxford Dictionary. Well save your energy, i wont be back on here for a while and i definitely won’t waste my time waiting for it 😉

• Bart

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Oh god, i noticed that when shola scored, we din’t win.
    Omen is it?
    Lol

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:56 AM

rasko- i think a draw away at fulham is a good result considering there home form and our away form. They will beat better teams than ourselves at home.

How do you think you will get on today against wigan? Anything other than a win will be a disaster imo. They will want to put on a good performance having lost to arsenals kids so i think it will be a close game.

• steve

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:11 AM

well dr glooms predicted a defeat so thats good news http://www.drgloom.co.uk

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM

spyro – thankyou for your words of wisdom and i have taken your thoughts on board. I am pleased that you took the time from your hectic lifestyle to take the time to tell me a few home truths.

Without wanting to get into an argument i feel the need to pull you up on a couple of things,
    Firstly i only come on here whilst at work. The banter can help me through a slow day. Checking through the archives i notice that you are often on here posting till the early hours. Its a shame i am not on here late at night for a bit of banter, but i am usually out with friends or snuggled up in bed with my girlfriend.

I remember looking at your facebook profile not so long ago so i would remind you that people in glass houses shouldnt thr… you know the saying.

My life doesnt revolve around a few football results on a saturday . That is why the hysteria on here amuses me so much. I remember reading in the paper once that geordies cant often afford to go to the cinema or theatre and that is why they get so wrapped up in the club as it is a release from there dreary lives. Not saying you live a dreary life yourself but… Oh hang on i looked at your facebook profile so i can see why you get so upset.

• Rasko a.k.a Hadji

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:13 AM

AO….Frankly speaking,we’ll be in deep s..t if we don’t win this one.
    But we’re aware of one thing and that is….WE MUST WIN…….why’s that.
    We’re facing Chelsea next so we can’t afford 2 losses in a row.That would be suicidal for us.

Tottenham will win today AO, be sure of that,cos right now they’re all about attacking football.
    My prediction would be:

Newcastle-Wigan 2-0
    Fulham-Tottenham 1-3

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:15 AM

AO,i see your still on form,what is it with you and us geordies,did ya mam get gang banged off a bunch of geordie lads,is that why you resent us,its true all southern boilers love the geordies.

• Ausgeordie

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:15 AM

See all Ao wants is to be made welcome. Like Fernando before him his ramblings will soon be part of the wonderful make up of this blog.

I for think those rotton spurs will whup fullham and take the three points. I hope we can do the same against Wigan. They should be a bit tired and our boys should be more than up for the game and at St James a big three points on offering. Its such a shame we have such poor away form

• steve

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:16 AM

@AO – geordies can’t afford to got cinema / theatre because they spend so much on flat caps / booze / football tops / whippets / pies / your dole money only goes so far you know

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM

the yids will draw at fullham the day…..3-1 to the toon,i hope so i’ll win £160 if thats the score…

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:21 AM

steve us geordies dont have whippets thats yorkshire mate….

• AO

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:26 AM

ausgeordie- i am fernando/nando/chikattita and bjorn before that. You are right i just want to be loved and engage in football banter.

Rasko i hope you are correct with both scores. It will make the league more interesting if the teams at the bottom keep winning. A loss for you today will be very bad news if you have chelsea next. A loss today and you could be cut adrift at the bottom of the table.

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:38 AM

lets all hope spurs get nowt the day…..

• ObaFan2

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM

hitman, that’s not nice mate, I hope Spurs get something, like syphilis for starters 😆

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM

oba ive heard AO mam takes it in the yahoo.

• Toon Graeme

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Afternoon lads.

Here is a story for you. I bought my Ticket weeks ago when they were released and have looked forward to getting back upto the leazes corner for a good old sing along.

Overnight I have been spewing by guts up and splattering out the rear end – thanks to the bug that the entire family have had.

That aside I have just downed some toast and black coffee and will be there to see the lads!

Come on toon!

• Turkish Magpie

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Hopefully Heskey out and Melchiot out!

has anyone realised that i think we go 10th if we win!

Ameobi will get his goal if he plays well or our very own mess (Bramble) gifts him a goal!

Martins will have to play his best aswell because he could easily lose his place to Owen!

I predict 4-0 Ameobi, Martins (2), Jonas

Howay the lads

• Turkish Magpie

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:35 PM

What do people think the attendance will be?

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:36 PM

graeme you need a lifter,what makes you bad makes you better

• hitman

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM

48,000 turkish

• Toon Graeme

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Bets on for toon win and winning at half time. Ameobi to score for toon first.

Howay the lads

• THE BEAT.

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:20 PM

they,re saying on toonmad shola is out hamstring back dec 5.

• reppin sydney

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM

any1 got a link to todays game?

• Sav