Habib Beye Considering International Future


Senegal’s failure to qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa has sparked considerable concern in Habib Beye’s home country.

Habib Beye – disturbed about Senegal situation

Senegal’s World Cup knockout, where they were eliminated by securing just 9 points from their 6 group games, has resulted in the sacking of manager Lamine Ndiaye.

Newcastle’s Habib Beye has not appeared for Senegal since they were beaten in the African Cup of Nations by Angola back in January

The Newcastle defender told the Chronicle:

“I do not know what is happening with the manager, but I will not be going back any more as it stands.” “There are big problems in Senegal with no manager.”

“I would like to go back if everything was settled, but at the moment that is not the case.”

Apparently Habib Beye and the rest of the Newcastle players are concerned about what the future holds in terms of the ownership of the Newcastle club. and who the new permanent manager may be.

This is hardly surprising given that the Newcastle Board, who apparently still exist, have told the fans and the players almost nothing about what is happening at the club.

Habib continued:

“I want to see what is happening first with Newcastle.” “Like anybody, I want to play for my country and at major tournaments.”

“However, I am 31 now and I do not want to travel for nothing or for something that is not very good.”

We hope the Newcastle situation will be sorted out soon (but how long have we been saying that), since it’s now been over two months since owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

4 comments so far

  • dan

    Nov 22, 2008 at 1:04 PM

    Comment #1

    Habib Bee…. love it.

    0
  • indian toon

    Nov 22, 2008 at 1:06 PM

    Comment #2

    cmon beye !! A TRUE PATRIOT AND A PROUD TOON! LEGEND!

    0
  • AndyNUFC

    Nov 22, 2008 at 1:29 PM

    Comment #3

    He’s been below average and certainly not the standard we saw him at last season, he’s best off retiring from international football, he’s getting on a bit now, and his contract is at this club, howay Habib, pick it up son!

    0
  • Bill F (Original)

    Nov 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM

    Comment #4

    So long as he is happy with his Newcastle future I don’t really care. Wish we had another 2 or three like him.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.