Joe Kinnear Eats, Drinks And Smokes Football

Joe Kinnear continues to relish being manager of Newcastle United, and he is starting to prove a lot of the pundits wrong – at least those who initially thought he wasn’t even up to the job.

Joe Kinnear – the real deal at Newcastle?

Kinnear became the first Newcastle manager to take a point at Stamford Bridge in seven years on Saturday, and surely Joe has now shown there should be a place for him in football when he eventually leaves the Newcastle club.

It’s been a great opportunity for the Irishman to introduce himself back to the football world that, by his own admission, he simply lives and breathes.

Joe said today:

“I’d like to think I’d get another job, but it’s a fickle business to be in and you never really know,” “Most of the time it wasn’t a case of my ability, given what I’d done in the game, but it was the case that I never got interviews because of my health. After the heart attack, it’s been impossible for me to make my case to anybody.”

“I eat, drink, smoke football. I love watching it. I can go anywhere in the world to watch games and want to stay in it. I had a four-year contract left when I had my heart attack, but was ordered to take two years off, and then you’re the forgotten man.”

“I kept banging on doors and this one’s come out of the blue. I’m going to do all I possibly can to make sure it leads on to another one.”

If Joe can build on the performance of the Newcastle performance last Saturday, and keep our defense very tight, we could well go on a nice run, and if that happens, anything is possible for Joe, either at Newcastle or somewhere else.

But that doesn’t seem to bother him too much, as he concentrates on doing the best job he can for his current employers, and he is just so pleased to be back in the game of football he loves so much.

It warms the heart to see the man giving his all for the famous Newcastle United club, and we notice the players are starting to do the same.

• Bill F (Original)

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM

The fickle finger of fate plucked Joe from the hat of obscurity, wouldn’t it be strange if he really was the new Toon messiah.

• Sav

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:29 AM

His greatest masterstrokes are about to be called upon.
    1. Generating enough cash for our unwanted players and fast enough top be able to use it to improve the squad before the transfer window.
    2. Getting cash from FatAsh.
    3. Getting Wisey to act upon his required transfers.
    If he pulls those off, they should melt down Jackie Milburn’s statue tomorrow and put up one to Joe instead.

• Nenad The Serbian Mag

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Credit to the man for all his effort and knowledge, but I don’t think he’ll ever be “The One” for Newcastle…

Personally, I still long for Keegan. I’d be so happy if he came back. I mean, I know it’s silly, but I just want him to come back. Now call me fickle, stupid, whatever you like, but he’s the man who loves the Toon, the Toon loves him, and he gets the playes going…

Kevin Keegan for Newcastle!!!

• Karltoon

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM

A good run in the FA cup and a respectable position in the table and he’s done better than alot of people..

• k k forever

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM

JOE KINNEAR EATS KEBABS DRINKS WHISKEY AND SMOKES SKUNK THE FAT USELESS CNT

• Karltoon

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I do those as well.. (For ‘Whiskey’ read ‘Gin’)

Although im not fat, and havent managed a premiership team..

• k k forever

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:50 AM

KARLTOON WELL MAYBE U SHUD MATE

• k k forever

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:52 AM

KARL ILE BACK U FOR THE TOON JOB AS LONG AS U DONT SAY WOT ASHLEY TELLS U TO SAY

• Karltoon

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Me and one of the foreign lads were talking about that on here a while back.. I reckon i’d be top notch.. That’s 2 people backing me… Come on!

• THE BEAT.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:07 PM

joe eats,drinks and smokes football,and is a complete yes man.

• Shearerbliss

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:22 PM

‘But Joe is down to earth too, and he knows he doesn’t have a chance to stay at Newcastle if Kevin Keegan or Alan Shearer are tapped for the manager job, once the new owners are installed.’
    Ed you got to get off this KK and shearer nonsense. WE must move on! I would be highly upset if the new owners do not go for a worldclass manager who could handle the pressure of the NUFC faithful!

‘It really is a wonderful opportunity for Joe, that he’s taken it with both hands, and he’s obviously indebted to owner Mike Ashley, for giving him the chance, but who wouldn’t be?’

There were 7 managers including Rednapp who turned us down! So the NUFC job is not as great you make it out to be. The fans are VERY hard to please! We have already destroyed very good managers.

• THE BEAT.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:23 PM

i was quite happy for joe to do the job short term,but now i dont trust him.
    imo he has done the same job as ashley has done,ingratiated himself with the fans on one hand and lying through his teeth on the other.
    everyday we get more propaganda and self promotion from him,he knows a hell of a lot more than he is letting on.
    the more you look the more you see ashley and his cronies stamp on events,it,s so transparent.
    they were only calling it the madness of king kev because he was being ambitious in asking for money for players.
    mike ashley said in his grovelling statement,we are newcastle we cannot get the top players,why not we did before you came fat c**t.
    mike ashley has no ambition for our club,he sees us as a footballing minnow.
    i have said before joe kinnear is the perfect appointment for ashley because he is a yes man and is used to doing a job on a shoestring.
    i do not trust you joe,you are one of ashley,s pals plain and simple.
    i cannot wait for the day fat ashley and his gang of thieves p**s off away from our club.

• samthecat

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:30 PM

A world class Manager?-all those are at the top clubs-we have only had 2 decent Managers-KK+Bobby, dont remember the fans destroying either.

• WesToon

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Joe & i actually have a lot in common ONLY DIFF is that i Eat,Sleep & Smoke NEWCASTLE & no matter who it is & why…i WILL defend MY Club against any1!!!! Because unlike AO….i dont change my mind about who i support

NUFC TILL I DIE
    P.S…some people on here should be ashamed at not standing up for NUFC….they even take the Spud or Manure fans(Which ever suits him on the day) side!!!!

PATHETIC

• Micky Toon

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:06 PM

samthecat- So you don’t remember people calling for Sir Bobby to be sacked then?

I haven’t posted on here for ages due to personal and work commitments, but it seems to have quietened down a lot. Is it anything to do with the kids being in school?
    Anyway JFK is not the man to lead NUFC forward without a doubt, nor is Keegan or Shearer. Hopefully the new owners, more than likely from the USA will be detached enough from the area to make an unimpassioned decision on who to bring in. They will make the decision based on previous record and experience and not on who the vocal minority want to be in the hot seat. The club needs someone to come in who has no previous links to the club so they can just get on with the job in hand rather than worry about their past status or reputation.

• Micky Toon

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM

I forgot to mention – Are we all still pro this, or anti that or has that all stopped now? 😉

• toonoot

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Sav @ 2: Your last statement was totally out of order. Take it back.

• toonoot

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:12 PM

2nd posting:

Sav @ 2: Your last statement was totally out of order. Take it back.

• michael12

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Kinnear used years of experience on Saturday to grind out a draw. I have always said it, it takes experience to win points even when not playing the dancing football the fans so demand.

I see a pretty good spell to come and we will venture into the top ten before the year is out. Mark my wrods.

• THE BEAT.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:23 PM

that game against chelsea suited his wimbledonesque management style backs against the wall.
    before the game he said he wasn,t going to sit back and have a go,come the game they were on the backfoot.
    joe is okay to come in to do a firefighting job,but if he had to build his own side he couldn,t do it a la roeder.

• AO

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:40 PM

westoon- is someone getting under your skin?
    I doubt you have much in common with joe. He is fairly successful in his chosen proffesion and i doubt he spends all day sat at home on the computer with jeremy kyle on in the background.

I think joe had trouble getting another job in football due to the brand of football he is famed for(long ball) . Having not seen to much of newcastle this season is the team playing passing football or humping it up the pitch?

• Karltoon

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Humping it up the pitch..

Now shut up you collection of vowels

• AO

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:59 PM

karltoon- i asked how they were playing? I wasnt accusing them of playing like wimbledon.

• Karltoon

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Dont think i insinuated that you did .
    Merely answered.

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM

i disagree slightly. Long ball football hasnt been all Joe has given us, go back and watc hthe Villa game

• Seymour Butts