Chris Hughton Doing Good Job At Newcastle

Chris Hughton was having some trouble when he was in charge of the first team, after Kevin Keegan resigned from Newcastle, for the second time, in early September.

Chris Hughton with manager Joe Kinnear – good partnership

But since Joe Kinnear came in and used his experience to steady the Newcastle ship, it turns out that Joe and Chris have worked very well together, and we’ve always thought Chris has done more than decent job at the club.

Looking back on a difficult few weeks in charge of the first team Chris said:

“That time at the helm has not affected my confidence. The biggest factor as to why we did not do well was that I was without some of our best players.”

“With due respect to Claudio Cacapa, being forced to play him in midfield and use two central defenders as full-backs was not what I would have wanted.”

“My saving grace is the fact I am still very much involved in the coaching and preparations of Newcastle United, and I am trying to do the best job I can for the club.”

It’s good to see Chris and Joe working so well together, along with Richard Money, who is doing a great job with the Under-18 side and our very young Reserves side. Joe and Chris are both positive guys. but at the same time they are realistic and down to earth.

You know for sure that Joe will tell you exactly what he thinks, and he doesn’t pull his punches, as the Daily Mirror journalist Simon Bird found out in September.    😀

We may be short on the number of coaches we have at the club since Keegan, McDermott and Adam Sadler left, but the quality we have at the club right now is excellent.

Very much like our playing staff, come to think of it.

• james L

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM

damn there is no way this site will win that competition now. but if everyone was a non biased person towards there club this site wud win it i rekon

• ObaFan2

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Gettin spammed to death………………..

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:39 PM

17 %

• Rupert Albert

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Think you might have a computer virus like problem. You might want to actually use McAfee instead of just advertising it! Loads of spam and mad opening browsers is no fun.

• ObaFan2

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Has the site been hijacked by the Gooners cos they want to win the poll !!

Not fun at all and cant be all down to my pc and laptop……. but I’ll scan them again… and again… and again!!!!!!! SPAM

• waddle's mullet

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM

got told at 12.30 roy keane has gone walkies odds then 7/4.

now 4/7

fill your boots boys

• Macas

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:56 PM

There’s definitely a problem with the site, it has affected both my work and home computers. Its a shame as apart from that its a great site.

• Spyro

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:45 PM

We are linked with Gohouri. What is he like?

• Piers

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Hey guys how do u find our player’s actual wages?

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM

hes irish and plays for gladbach

• Loonytoon

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Love the site. Keep up the good work Ed.

To everyone who comes on here and slags Ed off for his content, give it a break man. This is a BLOG. His blog. It’s not a daily newspaper. He isn’t a reporter. He’s just writing about his beloved club.

I like reading his articles and reading the banter. I don’t rely on Ed for my “news”.
    There you go. Rant over. It just bugs me.
    Appreciate what you’ve got because if he packs it all in I for one would be gutted.

Ed, I expect a fat brown envelope to arrive soon. 😉

Here’s a great tip for everyone. Don’t use internet explorer. Go and get Opera. Trust me. It’s the dogs. No pop ups. It’s The most secure browser. It has features IE and Firefox don’t have. http://www.opera.com
    If Opera doesn’t light your fire use Firefox.

I get NO problems with Opera. I didn’t even know this site had problems.

Jut try it. My favourite feature is Speed Dial.

Anway, sorry for waffling. It looks like an opera advert.

Sorry for going off topic. Best wishes to all.

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:57 PM

irsh lol

i mean ivory coast

• Loonytoon

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Typo above. Should have read “Just try it”

• Piers

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Which Gohouri, ….Steven?

• Piers

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:59 PM

k yeah haha i was just making sure

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM

21 % lads im startint to think we can catch the gunners blog

• sirjasontoon

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Think Chris may be a good man to have at the club he handles the press well..I think when he took over even paul daniels would have found it hard to get results.
    more positive toon news please ed it takes my mind off the crap written about us.

And to people that slag this board off if you don’t like it dont come on buncha nancies.

• Loonytoon

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM

I agree sirjasontoon.

No-one has said anything on this post and I’m not slagging anyone off. I’ve just noticed it a few times recently and thought it was a bit uncalled for.

I’m not usually a moaning sod I just had to say something and to mention it at the top of a post.

• Davey

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM

The players we are being linked too are just the same as the summer hopefuls – nothing will come of it apart from Mr Wise and his brilliant last minute loan signings!

We’re going down and what’s more, I delighted because this will route out those idiots that follow the club because it’s cool to do so, and only leave those true supporters who see the bigger picture – Yes, I would rather us drop a division to rid us of Ashley, and then gradually rebuild with individuals that care about the club. Face it, when was the last time we could say we were 3rd best team in the NE – Joke! An owner who could care less about the club, merely purchased club to make a profit! Otherwise it would have been sold now for a price like for like – A YES MAN Manager as well as a vast majority of supporters acting like idiots “Oh we must support the team no matter what, not the owner, the players on the pitch need our support” – WHY? Ok we may stay up bottom 6, wow, come on lets strive for real success, if we try hard enough and really support the players under Ashleys control we might even make the bottom 7 – Yeah what a great idea, lets support the destruction of the club – honestly no idea, look at the bigger, long-term picture!

I’m seriously ashamed of most of you, yet extremely proud of some of you, the ones who truly care about the clubs longer term prospects and can see the positives from dropping Ashley.

I could care less how much stick I get from you lot, because to me, most of you are not true supporters, merely individuals with opinions, as have I, but at least if any opposition fans visit this site, they can see that there is a least one true fan who cares about his clubs future, unlike the fickle picture concluded thanks to you idiots!

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:16 PM

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:17 PM

i dont know how any 1 else feels but i think highly of sir john hall

• DanToon

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Simon Jordan speaks a lot of sense IMO, just the cockney arrogance in which he does it I don’t like. It’s the harsh reality of what he’s saying Newcastle fans will hate too.

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM

dantoon

are you saying you think we are a small club

• Toon1978

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Beye the great

I take it thats the Simon Jordon link. Why the hell he attacks the club and fans like that i will never know. The thing is we might not be a big club in his eyes but we are certainly a bigger club than Crystal Palace. The blokke wants his southern head kicked in lets hope he brings them up to SJP. WHAT A WANK3R.

• Spyro

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Joe Jordan needs to keep his mouth shut and forget about football.

• Spyro

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Beyethegreat

We are not a big club in truth. We are not a small club like Wigan or Stoke, but we can’t really describe ourselves as big can we?

• Punk Skunk

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:35 PM

If by ‘big’ you really mean ‘successful’, then no…But if you actually mean ‘big’, then yes!..

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM

good points spyro and punk

• Spyro

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Punk Skunk

What is ‘big’ though?

• Alex

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Spyro we can describe ourselves as big , unfortunately we cant describe ourselves as successful . We truly are the underachievers , but i still believe one day we will win a trophy . 🙂

• Piers

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Yea comon Spyro, this a useless argument…..you know what we are. A big club with tremendous fan support that isn’t successful. That’s it, i mean the casual fan has heard about Newcastle United.

• Spyro

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:45 PM

I am not trying to wind anyone up. It was a genuine question. I simply want to see what most people consider ‘big’ to mean in terms of a footbal club.

• Cooper

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Haven’t been on here in a while – where’s the recent comments bit gone??

• Cooper

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Cancel that, seen then at the bottom 😀

• Piers

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Haha k i got ya, my comment came of as a little angry…not intentional

• Punk Skunk

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Big in size, finances, players, coaches, interest, won things, played & therefore know europe & worldwide!..
    …There are plenty of ‘big’ clubs in britain & europe & the world…We are consistantly in the top 20 clubs list…Does any of that rationale count?..

• Punk Skunk

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:52 PM

‘known in europe & worldwide’…

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Just look at the way simon jordan looks, he’s a long blonde haired pompus puff. and to claim he’s been up to newcastle many times and never heard the “geordie roar” everyone speaks about, is rather ridiculous. He couldnt have been here with his huge championship club, so god knows why he’s been at SJP so regularly, if he thinks so lowly of us.
    Listen to how he shouts over the interviewer when talking, makes these ridiculous hand gestures, stupid faces, the guy’s just a complete idiot.
    This is the man who baught palace in 2000, immediatly made himself chairman, and promised they would be playing premiership football within 5 years. 8 years later he’s saying he’s selling, as he’s been “disillusioned with football for a long time”, he’s calling his board a panel of halfwits, and palace are still playing championship football, idiot.

• beyethegreat

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:08 PM

does any 1 know where we are in the trophy table

this is a guess and it is worth mentioning that i have done no research

1 liverpool