Capello Says Owen And Milner Will Get Chance

Fabio Capello has been kept informed as to Michael Owen’s progress this season, and the England manager has refused to rule out the possibility of Owen returning to the England squad in the near future.

James Milner – will get chance for England

It seems that Capello will only pick players for the squad who are 100% fit, and playing well for their club sides, and he has already said that Michael has not been fully fit when the last three England squads were selected.

Capello said today:

“I know he has been playing very well and scoring goals,” “I have always said that the door to the national team is open for every player. I will check on him and then I will decide if it is okay for him to play.”

“I have to decide what to do with the team and what he can give to the side. The most important thing will be that he is fit. The last three times he has not been fit.”

And Capello has talked for the first time about 22 year-old James Milner, who should never have been allowed to leave the Tyneside club.

Milner has a total pf 40 caps for the England under-21 side – a record – and he’s scored 8 goals for them.

Capello also seems to like Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor at Villa, and the England manager admits he has been very impressed with the England youngsters Martin O’Neill has assembled at Villa Park.

Fabio continued:

“I am very happy with the players at Aston Villa,”

“They are young, interesting players. I always follow their performances.”

“Another player I like is Milner, he is young. The future looks good.”

Capello is turning out to be an excellent manager for England, and if we keep playing like we’ve started the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign, we must have as good a chance of any country of actually winning it in South Africa.

• clinta

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I feel Owen will be back in the squad sooner rather than later with the consistency his starting to show.

I’d be a shame if we lost Owen, but I’d be gutted if Martins was to leave for some reason instead.

• hod

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Newcastle were right to sell Milner for the money, and he will never play for England. Too many other good option on the right, SWP, Bentley, Walcott – all far better players.

• ELFER

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Good luck to both – but I have to admit I could never understand that milner-hype and I’m glad we have got that much money for him!!

He isn’t worth that much as he proves also week in week out at villa.

• clinta

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Oh England winning the world cup any time soon…. dreaming, I think your best chance was Germany when or the players were at the top of world club football, and mostly in great form.

although you do have a decent manager now?! Still here too much about last time you won (when was that again??) would hate it if it happened again.

• Tom_Toon

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM

England are crap and will be brought down to earth soon.

Milner is nowhere near good enough for England, he’s pretty average and we fleeced Villa.

• boater

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:42 PM

If Milner plays for England it will be due to O’neil’s continuing delusions about how good he is… Young and Abgonlahor are the future of England – Guthrie has the makings of an England midfielder for the future perhaps.

• ryunufc

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Guthrie > Milner

• beyethegreat

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM

clinta

who is your national team and we still have good players

owen
    shorey
    lescott
    upson
    turner
    james
    green
    harper(though i cant see him getting in)

• AO

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM

totoon- i am glad you are hear. tell me one last time how you didnt rate arda turan. i went through the archives so i can show you up now as the liar i always maintained you are.

• beyethegreat

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:53 PM

AO

wasnt it tt who showed you up

• Spyro

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Does anyone know what Arshavin has been smoking?

Arshavin told Don Ballon:

“I still want to play abroad. I would like to play in Spain or England…Barca are my favourite team and in England I used to like Manchester United, but right now I prefer Chelsea.”

LOL! Not only does his favourite team change on a monthly basis, but does he honestly believe these top clubs are going to break their banks for him? This is not the sort of player you want in your side, no loyalty.

• Freddy Hillman

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM

We should never have sold Milner – irrespective of how much money we got for him. 12 million quid doesn’t make up for the fact that we have only 6 midfielders.

Guthrie + Milner >>> Guthrie

• AO

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:59 PM

tomtoon- theres more where this came from but comment 75 will do for nowhttp://www.nufcblog.com/2008/05/18/transfer-news/newcastle-close-to-turan-deal/

told you that you were a liar!!!

• beyethegreat

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:07 PM

now what will tts response be

• AO

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM

beythegreat- he will say that i wrote it. he clearly states he hopes the deal comes off. sounds like tom wanted him to me.

• Tom_Toon

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM

AO, look on the other thread, i just blew you out of the water and that commen actually proved me right!

You are a silly little boy aint you.

hhaha, what a nugget.

• Tom_Toon

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM

I definitely worte the comment, and It proves me right.

What an idiot you are.

• Tom_Toon

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM

AO // Dec 15, 2008 at 13:55

tomtoon- comment 75. hahaha
    83 Tom_Toon // Dec 15, 2008 at 14:00

Your point?

I do not hype him up there, I just state what he does, if you visit further theads I said he is overpriced and too slow as a winger, hence in that comment I said he comes in field a lot and is more a playmaker.

You just proved me right you silly little child.
    84 AO // Dec 15, 2008 at 14:09

tomtoon(the liar)- you clearly state that you hope the deal comes off yet you have been saying you never wanted him. In fact you accused me of putting words in your mouth. I have copied a few more posts you made on arda but i will just post one a day!

I have to say i was embaressed for you reading back through the archives. Everytime there was a story about some unknown player you had to have your say on them even though it was clear you had never seen them play. You really do make me chuckle and make this blog a more amusing place.
    85 Tom_Toon // Dec 15, 2008 at 14:14

What a mug you are.

I dont clearly state that anywhere.

And yes, I would like Arda Turan he is a technically gifted player.

But you said I was hyping him up at the beginning, which is clear I wasnt.

I rate Arda Turan, but I have said continuously he is overpriced and too slow for a winger.

————————————————————

Who is correct?

AO – You are so pathetic you had to make up a comment previously to try and prove me wrong, you silly little girl.

• beyethegreat

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:22 PM

now we are waitin for aos response

• AO

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM

tomtoon(the liar) you said the other day you didnt want arda turan. It appears you did. Liar!

• Tom_Toon

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:29 PM

No I didnt, I said he was too slow FOR A WINGER and overpriced.

I’d like him as he is excellent techinically.

However your accusations were that I was hyping him up to eveeryone and it is clear I wasn’t, even the comments you have posted from me back me up more than they do you.

You should just give up before you make yourself look even more stupid.

• AO

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:34 PM

tomtoon(the liar)- i was arguing the statement you made last week about not wanting him yet you clearly state that you hope the deal comes off and further state in comment 109 that he would be the catalyst of the team. Its there in black and white. You have been shown up as a liar. hahaha

• Tom_Toon

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Comment 109 is about McGeady and it says nothing about the catalyst of the team, that is the comment before.

‘i was arguing the statement you made last week about not wanting him yet you clearly state that you hope the deal comes off ‘

1. The original arguement from last week was you saying I hyped him up all summer.

You have been proven wrong here and I didn’t.

2. No comment clearly states I wat the deal to come off, but yes, I would not be opposed to Arda Turan, he is great technically, however he is overpriced and to slow for a winger.

They are some factors.

You have been proven wrong and been proven to be of very low intelect, no please, run along and do your homework, you dont want another detention.

• nightfall

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:40 PM

i heared arshavin is about to sign for real…

as for england squad…the worst player you have is the media… i mean..half of england squad is overrated…i mean really overrated…

• nightfall

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM

oh c’mon…every blog has more votes then voters…

i guess to win this award you must vote several times for other blogs..your competition?

• Marty-TOON RISING

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Glad we sold MILNER,we don`t miss him at all.
    Still has No end product with Villa,he will never learn.
    We got a great price and a much better player in JONAS for less cash-MILER=Over-rated

• Marty-TOON RISING

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:35 PM

That should have said
    MILNER=Over-rated

• Piers

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:35 PM

England is not crap TT. I really like what Capello is doing, he finally seems like the right coach for our national team.

• Punk Skunk

Dec 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM

england IS crap if milner plays!..He’s not a bad player, he just hasn’t developed as much as £12m suggests!..
    …Price doesn’t always denote quality!..

• Auschas

Dec 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM

TT and AO you both need to go to the naughty corner. Stop trying to one up each other on a BLOG for godamn sake…its pathetic!!

• brutooooon

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Arshavin a good player but because of money he loss chance to join barca,chelsea(maybe) and spurs…

an old 27 years old player who only think about money….

• reillers

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:07 AM

Owen can’t get on to an average at best Engish side. It’s got good players but it’s an average team. The fact that Owen can’t get on to it says it all really.

The English side are deluded, they think they are 100 times better then they are, so if he can’t get on to the team now, that they consider good, then what would it be like with an actual half decent team.
    No chance.
    England and Owen..both extremley overrated.